CAP 21 CAP 21 Playtest

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Okay kids, last night, Crucibelle was used in its inaugural battle. jas61292 chose to face off against CAP participant Exclaimer. It was a haxy match, but which side prevailed? Find out by watching the replay!

This in turn means that Crucibelle's playtest has now started! In the playtest, both Crucibelle and its mega stone have been added to the current OU metagame--this means that Shadow Tag is banned. jasnumbers based this decision off of the fact the Gothitelle really wasn't a main factor in any of our discussions while building Crucibelle.

Like last playtest, there will be a finalist tournament of 8 players that will duke it out to be crowned the Playtest Champion. However, unlike last time, only the top 4 ranked individuals on the playtest ladder will be in the tournament. The other 4 slots will be filled by the winners of pre-scheduled live tournaments that will take place in the CAP room on Pokemon Showdown. The dates and times of these live tournaments will be as follows:

Saturday 1/16/16 at 3 PM Eastern time - Won by gibygiby
Sunday 1/17/16 at 6 AM Eastern time - Won by BreloomMyHomie
Saturday 1/23/16 at 8 PM Eastern time - Won by Galvantula Tank
Sunday 1/24/16 at 12 PM (noon) Eastern time - Won by EpicUmbreon29

As you can see, the time of day varies for each of the four tours; this is meant to help allow people of different time zones to have the chance to participate. Each live tour will be double elimination. Individuals can only participate in a maximum of 2 live tours, since being able to have free time and participate in all four would put a player at a huge advantage over others who have stricter time constraints. If at all possible, players should participate in these live tours with the same name they have on the forums. If this is not possible due to your forum name already being taken by someone else on PS, then an additional verification stage will take place; if this applies to you, please PM a CAP moderator for assistance. Once a player wins one tournament, he/she will have secured his/her spot in the finalist tournament and not be allowed to participate in another of the qualifying live tours. Additionally, if a player has won a tournament AND is in the top 4 of the ladder rankings, then the next ranked eligible ladder player will be bumped into the finalist tournament.

Good luck, and happy battling!

Last edited:
Anyone tried a bulky booster set?

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick / Wood Hammer

This set is more effective on bulky teams as a wincon. Some good teammates I've found are Wish passers, paralysis inducers, and Spikes setters, and also teammates that can handle Ground-types are an absolute must.

Careful Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick / Wood Hammer

This set is more effective on bulky teams as a wincon. Some good teammates I've found are Wish passers, paralysis inducers, and Spikes setters, and also teammates that can handle Ground-types are an absolute must.
Maybe run Leftovers over Crucibellite or so - I'd rather not play a bulky booster without any form of recovery...

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Careful Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick / Wood Hammer

I run the exact same set, but with speed ev's and more atk

(Crucibelle-Mega) @ Crucibellite
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Head Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Coil

It lets it outspeed Tail Glow Manaphy and below, while also remaining bulky.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Jut a friendly moderator reminder that the first of the 4 live tours will be at tomorrow at 3 PM eastern time in the CAP project room on PS

:>

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Just a reminder that the third live tour will be at 8 PM Eastern time tonight! This means it will take place 10 hours from this post. Remember though, any individual is only allowed to participate in a maximum of two different live tours, so if you were in the first two already then sadly you cannot join the third.

EDIT: Grats to Galvantula Tank for winning this round!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/capcrucibelleplaytest-321406042

Our next and last qualifying live tour will be tomorrow at noon, eastern time.

EDIT: Grats to EpicUmbreon29 for winning the fourth live tour!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/capcrucibelleplaytest-321652159

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
After two engaging weeks, the CAP 21 Playtest is over! Let's take a look at the final ladder positions.

(Tagging Antar, The Immortal, and Marty)

What we need right now is for the top finishers to identify themselves. If you see yourself in the screenshot above, please post here identifying yourself. While the tournament is only for 8 people, I would encourage other people on the list to identify themselves as well, in the case of multiple accounts belonging to the same person or in case any individual is unable to participate.

Once we get our top four identified, we can start the tournament. Others who participated: what did you think of CAP 21 while laddering? Which sets and teammates did you use? We'd love to have your thoughts posted here!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi, my name is what my name is who my name is chika chika DarkSlay (and TestSlay, for that matter).

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Alright, the Crucibelle playtest tournament now has its full list of finalists. During this final stage, the 8 people who have won a slot will go through a single elimination tournament in which each match will be a BO3. The first round is listed below:

EpicUmbreon29 vs Imanalt
gibygiby vs BaconPhat999
Galvantula Tank vs DarkSlay
BreloomMyHomie vs Exclaimer

All of the finalists will have a week to do their first round matches. In order for a victory to count, all replays must be included in the winner's post (in this thread). Good luck to all, and happy battling!

Last edited:
After trying out Crucibelle, I noticed a few things.

1. This thing is adorable .
2. Crucibelle is a massive threat because of Coil. STAB recoil-less 100% Head Smash and Gunk Shot?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Holy dickens this thing is insane.
3. Steel types are an issue, particularly Scizor, MegaGross and Choice Scarf Magnezone. It doesn't really have a good answer to this type, which is unfortunate as they almost as a rule have high defense.
4. Ground types are a BIG issue, especially given that a lot of CAP pokemon are weak to Ground (Cyclohm, Mollux, Plasmanta...). Scarf-Chomp and Scarf-Lando-T are huge threats especially.
5. Special note: without Wood Hammer, Excadrill can easily be a check to it, as it has a huge resist to Rock and total immunity to Poison
6. Fairies, Fire, Grass, Flying, Bug, and Ice types are especially screwed over due to STAB moves.
7. Most pokemon will instantly die when hit with a neutral Head Smash
8. If weakened, this pokemon is easily KO'd by a revenge killer, particularly Bullet Punch, Scarf Earthquake, and Alakazam.
9. Spikes are annoying until Mega Evolving.
10. Ferrothorn that carry Gyro Ball are also highly annoying, although avoiding Iron Barbs is nice.
11. Good team support that can counter a Scarfed Landorus-T is highly appreciated.
12. Team options that can halt steel types are highly appreciated (Heatran)
13. Talonflame means nothing unless Will-O-Wisp is a thing. Scarfed Rotom is also a threat.
14. After doing calculations, Colossoil with Guts activated can't KO a Coiled Crucibelle-M with a Sucker Punch, and it is OHKO'd in return via Wood Hammer
15. I love this pokemon and think it's one of the better designs to come from CAP. It has great strengths and notable flaws, and I think it very well fits up to the original idea of turning a bad typing into a useful one (something that I think Syclant and Stratagem failed in, but Mollux has succeeded in)

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
15. I love this pokemon and think it's one of the better designs to come from CAP. It has great strengths and notable flaws, and I think it very well fits up to the original idea of turning a bad typing into a useful one (something that I think Syclant and Stratagem failed in, but Mollux has succeeded in)
Just wanted to point out that, while Syclant and Stratagem have not-so-great defensive typings, bad typings weren't the main concepts like the other two CAPs. Syclant's typing was decided through a series of polls and not through the discussion like we have today. Stratagem's concept was "Breaking the Mold": creating a role that went against the stereotypes of a typing. So, we got a specially attacking Rock-type.

Mollux's concept to take a bad typing and patch it up. Crucibelle's concept was to take a bad typing and abuse that typing's strengths.

So, there is a reason why Mollux and Crucibelle seem to deal well with their bad typings, and that's because they were most to do this.

Uhhh something opinionated...The play test was fun, and I can't wait for Crucibelle to reach the CAP metagame! :D

Ahhhhh oops. My bad. Mollux and Crucibelle DO have very similar concepts though, although I love them both. I'm extremely excited to use it. Also can't wait for the next CAP to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)