CAP 34 - Part 13 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
CAP 34 So Far

--

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark red
        • Light blue -> white AND dark blue -> gray
        • Light blue -> gray AND dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green AND dark blue -> light green
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP 1
CAP 34 Sepia.png

Sepia tones for an old-timey film angle. Kind of ended up looking like a biscuit/coffee vibe which I am also think is kind of an interesting take.

WIP 2
CAP 34 Snowpiercer.png

This one is more inspired by Snowpiercer, went for iron and frozen tones.

WIP 3
CAP 34 Dreamy.png

Went for sort of a dreamy vibe with the pink smoke.

Last edited:
WIP 1

Chuggalong Shiny WIP-1.png.png

Went for a classic red dragon palette here, it ended up feeling almost autumnal imo, which I quite like.

WIP 2

Chuggalong Shiny WIP-2.png.png

Of course contrary to a red dragon there is also the classic azure dragon, this is one is probably my favorite so far. I really like the way the gold looks with the blues here as well.

WIP 3

Chuggalong Shiny WIP-4.png.png

Finally a jade dragon to complete the trio, though I think this is the weakest candidate of the three. Edit: minor saturation change to the jade parts of the creature to make them stand out more.

Last edited:
WIP 1/3

Based on the"pokemon with you" train, so this is a direct pikachu refference

WIP 2/3

Based on the Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit or ART from China, the first trackless train.

WIP 3/3

These colors just seemed cool and modern, also a good contrast with the og colors by having a white body

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Right folks, train gets to the station in 24 Hours, which is our submission deadline :-).

edit: Hey, we''ve noticed there was a minor error on the backsprite (the lines at the bottom). We'd be much obliged if people could remove those (see the new sprites in the OP), however we will not be requiring that due to the very short notice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)