CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 10a (Attack Moves Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I hate new move discussions >_>

(Not found a badass name yet)
Base Power: 140
Accruacy: 90
Base PP: 5
Category: Special
Effect: Lowers the user's Special Attack by 2 levels

I was thinking of a move that made stone pillars rise up from the ground using mental power. And I can't find a name for it >_>
I like the idea, but I would prefer a move that could be used on ALL (non gimmick) sets, not just hit and run ones. being able to stay in for a reliable 2HKO is much more important to me, so a Rock type flamethrower clone would be good IMO

I'm thinking something like this:

Name: ____________ (Dust Cloud?)
BP: 95 (like I said, flamethrower clone)
PP: 15
Acc: 100%
Effect: Has a 30% chance of setting up sandstorm (I love it, don't you?)

The reason it's 30% is on page 2 IIRC, it's a signature move so the secondary effect should be a high chance.

I don't see the point of making a completely revolutionary move, because the pokemon should break the mold of the TYPE, and there shouldn't be a move that is different from any other move out there. However, I would be in support in either this or a fire type special quick attack

I was thinking of a move that made stone pillars rise up from the ground using mental power. And I can't find a name for it >_>
EARTHQUAKE!!!!!

Sorry G_T, I didn't like the sound of those attacks, or their names! I know what you mean with the Brimstone move and it would work well with the Fire type QA, only thing is that's alot of firey flavour to give a Rock poke!
Certain moves have names that don't suggest what type they're correspondent with. Meteor Mash sounds like a Rock move at first glace, Spacial Rend doesn't sound too dragon to me, and Comet Punch could have been a Steel move as well. Not all move name have to have something with their typing.

Your Fire type QA suggestion seems to be quite popular tho! Heat Bullet sounds physical to me. Flint Spark is good for me.
True but there's always Quick Fire for a name. That sounds like a good name for a Fire type QA clone lol.

I another thought:
Name:Ancient Pulse/Cosmic Pulse
BP:80
Accuracy:85%
BP:10
Damage:Special
Effect: May increase user's special attack 1 stage.

Erm why the need and want for a priority fire type move? Why should we create a move for two pokemon - Scizor and Metagross with bullet punch (lol priority move off 130 base speed) when the former is OHKOed by HP Fire and 2HKOed by "Rock move" with Life Orb and the latter is 2HKOed by Earthpower.

wait, fire BULLET sonuds physical to you? LOL!
Seriously what do you do with a bullet on the physical side?

Oh and ss4 hybrid, you want to give a pokemon with 120 Base SPatk and 130 Base Speed a STAB move that can boost hes SPatk? Oh yeah and next give it a move that can maximize all its stats <.<

It's something simple, but I don't think there is a special type move with recoil on it yet:

Crag Press (cookie to whoever gets the reference)
Rock
120 BP
100% Accuracy
User takes 1/3 damage done to target. 10% chance of causing target to flinch.
15 pp

Open to changing the name somewhat (I just like the word crag--probably watched too much GUTS as a kid).

We need to choice a new [Rock] move to go into the upcoming poll. I would say the 80-85 BP move with the chance to either burn a foe or lower it's attack by 1-2 point has a good chance of making it. A move with a 30% chance of burning something seem better to me. Having a perma -2 attack strength on that annoying foe helps alot more than just lowering his attack by 1 point.

I like X-Act's idea. the concept of 80 BP with 30% side effect has precedence (moves such as Lava Plume), so it makes sense for this attack.

I agree but think that 30% -1 Attack drop would be more acceptable than 30% Burn chance to most voters.
Not really. What's better, lowering incoming Physical counter attack by -1 point or burning said foe and crippling him/her for the entire match? Personally, I'll go with the latter since it does mean a lot in terms of damage.

Sample damage calc:

Burned CBLuke using Bullet Punch on Rockmon: 42.99% - 51.09%
-1 attack CB Luke using Bullet Punch on Rockmon: 56.7% - 67.29%

Now, if the move lowers an opponent's attack by 2, then it's the same as burning someone.

I think he meant more acceptable in the sense that it's LESS extreme.

Also, why so some people want to give this thing a Fire priority move anyway? That takes away from the risk/reward dynamic that would occur when using this Pokemon against a team that carries a Scizor that could always be ko'd with a well predicted Fire attack anyway.
Doesn't giving rockmon an implausible and easy-to-use tool for dealing with a glaring weakness sound a little 'Mountaineer'?

I'm rooting for that weaker than AP Rock attack with a perhaps more common side effect.

What's better, lowering incoming Physical counter attack by -1 point or burning said foe and crippling him/her for the entire match? Personally, I'll go with the latter since it does mean a lot in terms of damage.

Sample damage calc:

Burned CBLuke using Bullet Punch on Rockmon: 42.99% - 51.09%
-1 attack CB Luke using Bullet Punch on Rockmon: 56.7% - 67.29%

Now, if the move lowers an opponent's attack by 2, then it's the same as burning someone.
You know, it's not until you put it like that that people realize how nasty Burn really is. I think what Jagged Angel was saying is that burn might be a little bit too much for people's tastes. :)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why is this thread still open? I guess I forgot to ask darkie/Doug to close it =X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)