CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 11b (Non-Attacking Moves Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealth Rock
Calm Mind
Magnet Rise

Taunt
Metal Sound
U-Turn

Trick
Knock Off

I'm willing to give Calm Mind a chance now that Ancientbeam won. TAY convinced me on Trick, and Taunt's a no for similar reasons.

Stealth Rock
Calm Mind
Magnet Rise
Taunt
Metal Sound
U-Turn
Trick
Knock Off

see no reason to keep me from voting against any of these.

X-Act said:
What about Thunder Wave?

Is it classified as a competitive support move for this Pokemon, and hence it's not allowed, or is it classified as a non-competitive support move for this Pokemon, and hence it's allowed?
Doug stated in the now closed Support Movepool thread that competitive moves not specified were not allowed. However, it seems a bit ridiculous not to give this guy Thunderwave due to flavor, many pokes getting it, etc.

Many people would say that this move is competitive; however, I am sure that there are many others who believe that Thunderwave might be good on some pokemon but not on a sweeper like CAP 5.

Are we going to see T-Wave in movepools or not? Maybe it should be added to the poll?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Doug stated in the now closed Support Movepool thread that competitive moves not specified were not allowed. However, it seems a bit ridiculous not to give this guy Thunderwave due to flavor, many pokes getting it, etc.

Many people would say that this move is competitive; however, I am sure that there are many others who believe that Thunderwave might be good on some pokemon but not on a sweeper like CAP 5.

Are we going to see T-Wave in movepools or not? Maybe it should be added to the poll?
To avoid the massive headaches that would come with putting this in the poll now of all times, I'm just going to say go for it and use it. Who in gods name would use T-wave on something this ridiculously fast? People who don't like it don't have to put it in, but its a TM move, so its not going to really clog the movepools up.

Stealth Rock: Only cause all Rocks get it
Calm Mind: Not needed
Magnet Rise: Well, it is good for Technician enthusiasts
Taunt: If it ends up being a suicide lead then so be it
Metal Sound: See Calm Mind
U-Turn: Must have
Trick: See U-Turn
Knock Off: See U-Turn

^ Does that include any or all unspoken TM or just TW

Tennisacenumberswithnomeaning said:
Who in gods name would use T-wave on something this ridiculously fast?
Some last ditch attempt on countering his counters? 25% chance of not attacking that turn could have some use.

Some last ditch attempt on countering his counters? 25% chance of not attacking that turn could have some use.
The question then is: who would actually use a moveslot on T-wave for Rockmon? Compare to Jolteon, where Thunderwave was standard in RBY for lack of any better move choices but Other Options fodder ever since.

On the unmentioned support/non-attack moves, I think common sense should be sufficient to avoid any major issues, we don't need to get everything sorted out in painstaking detail this stage. Consider that there's technically there's nothing in the rules outright preventing anyone from submitting a movepool for Rockmon that included Seed Flare or Sacred Fire, but it'd never get voted for due to everyone screaming bloody murder.

Just T-wave. Any other competitively viable TM isn't allowed. I know there's a ton of ambiguity with that, but we'll sort that out in the movepool thread.
Hopefully without some semi-dictatorship ruling or any other ridiculous measures. I still think that statement made in the closed thread was sorta unnecessary. >_>

The question then is: who would actually use a moveslot on T-wave for Rockmon? Compare to Jolteon, where Thunderwave was standard in RBY for lack of any better move choices but Other Options fodder ever since.
Some gimmicky supporter set..........okay that sounded lame even for me. It doesn't have the equipment for some support set, any move that doesn't make here further reduce it to a pulp.

Stealth Rock - All Rock types get it; and he's all sharp, pointy-floaty rocks, like DJD pointed out.
Calm Mind - Why not; not nearly as useful as AP in my opinion.
Magnet Rise - If you want your ground immunity choose levitate...
Taunt - Could help quite a bit, but doesn't seem broken.
Metal Sound - Don't think it would help much (plus don't like it when it comes to flavor).
U-Turn - Definitely don't see why we shouldn't allow it...
Trick - Love the idea of this on a quick Rock type.
Knock Off - If he gets Trick, why shouldn't Knock Off be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)