CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 2)

What should the Primary type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For any one complaining about rock not having any usable special attacks, we can always make a new move. We could even give this thing adaptability or technician to increase power gem/ancient power's BP.

Mmm... I like Steel the best of these choices, but it's not winning at this point. Electric looks like the only thing that has even a slim chance of catching up to Rock.

Voted for Rock, as I think we can do interesting things with the 1.5x Sandstorm boost to special defense, without necessarily even making the base stat all that high.

I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to suggest that Rock is blatantly gonna be the primary type whether or not it gets 50% of the vote in this poll.

So, why don't all you people who haven't voted yet just vote Rock so it gets 50% of the vote and we dont have to have another primary typing poll :naughty:

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to suggest that Rock is blatantly gonna be the primary type whether or not it gets 50% of the vote in this poll.

So, why don't all you people who haven't voted yet just vote Rock so it gets 50% of the vote and we dont have to have another primary typing poll :naughty:
Actually thats completely presumptuous. It may or may not be the main type, stranger things have happened in this project.

I'll bet you a tenner, tennis, that Rock wins this poll.

Since Revvy I don't recall any poll changing course as much as this one would have to for Rock not to win.

I seriously want Fighting to win. All the fighters have shit Special attack and defenses, but high attack an speed, with the exception of Infernape and Lucario whjo have crap defenses and HP, but great Special attack. And Rocks have common weaknesses, like Fighting and Ground.

I voted dragon but it doesn't look like it has any chance of winning at this point.

Either way, this project should be pretty fun to do.

Well, then I guess they're wrong or you miscopied
Here's what I caught:
Rock/Poison: 4x Poison Resist
Rock/Bug: 2x Rock Weakness
Rock/Steel: Poison Immunity.

So we have a special Rock sweeper with pitiful Rock Stab? Sounds awesome since it's not like Rock is an amazing attacking type that can easily deal with Togekiss /sarcasm
Lol, isn't that the point? It'll probably have a secondary stab that good plus high spatk, it's probably best it doesn't have an awesome rock move, with power gem + high spatk + stab it'll be doing good damage. Weavile survives with his best stab move being base 75.

I voted Electric.

So are we asking for something like a Rock-type Gengar? High Speed, very high Special Attack, ok Special Defense...and then pretty much crap in the other stats.

I voted Rock. I'd really love to see Ancientpower/Power Gem see some serious use, and a special attacker Rock type looks really fun.

Well, then I guess they're wrong or you miscopied
Here's what I caught:
Rock/Poison: 4x Poison Resist
Rock/Bug: 2x Rock Weakness
Rock/Steel: Poison Immunity.
More like a failure to spot missing weakness/resistance/etc in my haste to finish something. Thank you for pointing those errors out and I fix the list.

Well spotted, omg. I'm really loving the idea of keeping the crappy Rock special moves and having a 90BP Ancientpower with Technician.

A fast, special oriented Rock sweeper would actually do alot for the CAP metagame, namely the possibility of countering Togekiss and maybe Syclant too.

I'm voting Rock for primary typing...

Because of so, I'm voting Bug as secondary typing... It's the only good combination that goes well with Rock and has minimal weaknesses. Grass is also good but it has more weaknesses than Bug.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well spotted, omg. I'm really loving the idea of keeping the crappy Rock special moves and having a 90BP Ancientpower with Technician.

A fast, special oriented Rock sweeper would actually do alot for the CAP metagame, namely the possibility of countering Togekiss and maybe Syclant too.
It would have to be faster than 121 speed and resist ice/bug/fighting, or be bulky enough to take a hit on the switch, take another hit, and KO. Syclant would be hard. However, Togekiss could be a bit easier to counter.

I'm voting Rock for primary typing...

Because of so, I'm voting Bug as secondary typing... It's the only good combination that goes well with Rock and has minimal weaknesses. Grass is also good but it has more weaknesses than Bug.
Why do weaknesses matter if its going to be a special sweeper? I'd focus more on what resistances it has. Heatran is weak to some of the most common types in the game but he performs well.

I like rock and electric. Flipped a coin and got electric.

But really, I want to see a rock special sweeper. Yes, I know, 70 BP stab. But thats what the project is for, finding a way to make it work and work well. Make a new move, boost it with adaptability, give it technician, make a new ability, there are many options. If people would get over the "omg no new moves" syndrome we could do something awesome here. Theres no shame in making new moves or abilities, heck we're making entirely new pokemon here. With all the people involved I highly doubt we'll make an overpowered move or ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)