CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 3)

What should the Primary type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no Rock type currently breaks the mold by having high special attack coupled with high speed. The only one coming close is Omastar who arguably is a water based special sweeper rather than a rock special sweeper. Meanwhile Omastar is still painfully slow.

Electric on the other hand has a Zapdos who can be used as a special wall of sorts, Ampharos who apparently is physically bulky, Jolteon with high special attack, and Electivire with pretty high physical attack. If anything Electric has more Pokemon that break the mold than rock.
this

Rock has always been full of slow, physical pokemon. Electric's stereotype was speed, but we have things like Lanturn, Luxray, Ampharos, ect. that are not really fast. There are a lot more electric pokemon breaking molds than there are rocks. The only rock pokemon who breaks 100 speed is Aerodactyl, and the only rock pokemon who breaks 100 sp. atk is Omastar. Rock is much more stereotyped than electric.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight: All the Rock/Steel types are Defensive this thing is going to be a sweeper, a special one. How many types break the mold by special sweeping? Rock, Fighting, Steel( maybe Dark, but there is Darkrai in UBER) Maybe I missed some, but if we really want to break the mold the second type needs to do it to, but it can be mono Rock type. Then it would not have any other STAB and would really need a new Rock move(if it does not get Technician).
Flying is an add-on type in the first place. The only Flying special sweepers are the Legendary birds.

As it is, the last thing we need is something with a 4x fighting and ground weak. Honestly, do we really need to further increase Air Slash/Aura Sphere Togekiss' omnipresence on the server? It's getting ridiculous at this point.

Omastar is a great Special Sweeper IMO. With or without rain his Stab's are going to hurt not to mention he benifits from BOTH Rain [Doubles Speed] and Sand Storm [+50% SDef]. Rock Special sweeper has been done. Electric Wall FTW.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well its going to be a special sweeper, a FAST one. don't see how a Togekiss will out speed you and hit you, we are making sweeper which won't take to many hits. As for Flying type, the legendary birds are special because they are Ice/Fire/Electric, and you forgot Yanmega and even Togekiss is a special flying pokemon. Flying can work whit anaything as its everything already(Physical, Special, Wall). And if its Steel/Rock it can switch in to an Air Slash and Togekiss wont have time to hit you whit an Aura Sphere.

Exclamation Point: When did you see Omastar using a STAB Rock attack? And there is Lanturn to(Who is actually a bulky water, while Omastar is a Special sweeper water)

Omastar is a great Special Sweeper IMO. With or without rain his Stab's are going to hurt not to mention he benifits from BOTH Rain [Doubles Speed] and Sand Storm [+50% SDef]. Rock Special sweeper has been done. Electric Wall FTW.
No it hasn't. Try reading my post. Omastar is not a special Rock sweeper. He doesn't even use any Rock STAB moves most of the time. You can hardly consider him a Rock special sweeper. Meanwhile Omastar is still really fucking slow.

I love how you say all that, and then go "Electric Wall FTW."

Electric wall has been done by Zapdos, Lanturn, Luxray, and Ampharos. All of them can be made bulky, and can then act as walls.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well its going to be a special sweeper, a FAST one. don't see how a Togekiss will out speed you and hit you, we are making sweeper which won't take to many hits. As for Flying type, the legendary birds are special because they are Ice/Fire/Electric, and you forgot Yanmega and even Togekiss is a special flying pokemon. Flying can work whit anaything as its everything already(Physical, Special, Wall). And if its Steel/Rock it can switch in to an Air Slash and Togekiss wont have time to hit you whit an Aura Sphere.

Exclamation Point: When did you see Omastar using a STAB Rock attack? And there is Lanturn to(Who is actually a bulky water, while Omastar is a Special sweeper water)
Thunder Wave. Bane of all sweepers everywhere. And Togekiss has insane SD. It will probably be able to take Weather Ball Rock, and KO back with Aura Sphere on a Rock/Steel sweeper. So again, I've no interest in supporting a pokemon that will likely be BL.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thunder Wave. Bane of all sweepers everywhere. And Togekiss has insane SD. It will probably be able to take Weather Ball Rock, and KO back with Aura Sphere on a Rock/Steel sweeper. So again, I've no interest in supporting a pokemon that will likely be BL.
Well whit any type it wont beat Togekiss, even whit Flying as second type. Electric wall would be better, but it is not going to win.

I think considering Omastar as a Rock type Special sweeper is the same as considering Gengar as a Poison type sweeper. No... just no.

I think I went with Electric, because I don't really want a Technician AncientPower sweeper, and because poor Electric has been neglected for the last few CAPs. EDIT- We just enjoy getting its hopes up and smashing it to the ground, lol.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Omastar is the only Rock special sweeper in the game, but this is only due to Swift Swim, as its speed is very poor. A fast special attacking Rock type (i.e. stats-wise) would be a first.

But yeah, if Electric wins, I wouldn't mind, although we'd need to be more careful about its creation than if Rock wins in my opinion.

But yeah, if Electric wins, I wouldn't mind, although we'd need to be more careful about its creation than if Rock wins in my opinion.
Not sure why an Electric type is more dangerous than a Rock type but I'm guessing it has to do with their Weakness and/or counters.

both have potential, but I have a slight lean towards rock for some reason. Voting rock! fast sweeper seems to go against the rock stereotype (as in high speed stat, not a speed-boosting move ie dragondance or agility)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Rock forever!!!
If you don't vote Rock, than you're a C*ck!!
So you're calling the 40+ people who want an electric pokemon instead of Rock for reasons that are probably better than yours cocks? Really mature. I don't want to see posts like this in the CAP project.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
While I think that Rock is something that needs to "break the mold", I also believe that people are completely ignoring how Rock would compare to a secondary type than Electric will. I really want to see an Electric/Dragon Pokemon but have trouble seeing Rock/Anything abnormal. A Special version of Aero would be neat, but a Rock/Grass would be way better if it got Technician Ancientpower/Giga Drain.

I guess what I'm saying is we can make anything work, but in choosing odd typing it can severely limit abilities.

So you're calling the 40+ people who want an electric pokemon instead of Rock for reasons that are probably better than yours cocks? Really mature. I don't want to see posts like this in the CAP project.
I think it was a joke tennis, rock and cock just happen to rhyme that's all, there was nothing malicious behind it.

Obviously there are valid reasons for wanting either type.

Electric does seem to be catching up, but I'd be amazed if it wins at this stage of the poll.

Exactly predicted from a person of your standards and amount of posts :P
P.S. I'm not talking to you directly just stating that all the people that just joined recently and don't know crap about this Project voted Rock. The people that do know the CaP and all it's other aspects that voted rock (even though theres only like 5-10 of you), no offense.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Exactly predicted from a person of your standards and amount of posts :P
P.S. I'm not talking to you directly just stating that all the people that just joined recently and don't know crap about this Project voted Rock. The people that do know the CaP and all it's other aspects that voted rock (even though theres only like 5-10 of you), no offense.
Theres always a ton of bandwagoning, what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)