CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 8 (Art Poll 4)

Who's art should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Break the Mold-Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Offensive/Defensive Bias: Offensive 20-40
Physical/Special Bias: Special -20 and lower
Base Stat Rating: Very Good
Base Stats:90/60/65/120/70/130 Speed Last

Last poll. As Doug said, the art process needs a total revamp to prevent this headache in the future, but whatever. You guys hounded me for a fourth poll, you got it. One day open, probably less.

Caladbolg~/Skyshroud
yourDeadGrandad

Also, if you decide to post in the thread, back up your statements or risk your posts being deleted due to being PC++. I'm tired of people just posting one word needlessly, this isn't a bold poll. If you don't have anything to add, just don't post.

Still voting Caladbolg in this semi-unneeded yet chaos avoiding poll because the design is awesome.

Liked it from the start, and it doesn't look weirdish and Psychic and/or steel type

As good as Calad/Shroud's may be, I just can't see it with base 130 speed. yDG's , on the other hand, looks hella fast. Either way, good job to all.

Still voting Caladbolg in this semi-unneeded yet chaos avoiding poll
It's not completely unneeded, look at how close the polls are currently. ATM tied at 50%-50%. YDG is still an extremely viable contender. Bet it'll be down to the wire like X-Act's spread vs. GT/Goodbar's, lol wonder which one will correlate to which design...

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I went with Caladbolg/Skyshroud. Nothing really deep about my choice, I just like it more. Honestly I have no idea why some people don't think it looks like a Pokemon, it looks like it would fit right in to me.

This poll is going to be a lot closer than most people think. I'm rooting for both, so I won't lose, no matter what :)

YourDeadGrandad all the way. I don't think it could be a steel type because there are some gray rocks. Caladbolg looks too much like a psychic but YDG's could pass itself off as a pure rock

Vote for Caladbolg mostly because of his username relating to a legendary Irish sword that could cut the tops of hillside like a hot knife through butter. I also have to give Cally credit for making a creature that looks like it's constantly drowsy even in battle. it give off this "Yeah...whatever" appeal to it.

Lol, tied it up.
But I still say with Grandad. Not only does it look faster, and a bit more of a glass cannon looking, but Calaboorges just doesn't look as much as a rock type, while Grandad does look like a rock type(or steel, but seeing as how rock and steel type pokemon are slowly starting to look the same)

Both are great pieces of art, but Caladbolg's just edges it out in my opinion. YDG's is an excellent design, but it just seems to have more of a physical orientation with all the scythes. As far as the speed issue goes, YDG's does look a bit faster, but in my opinion physical/special orientation is a bigger factor to consider than speed as far as art goes (as long as the other one doesn't look horribly out of place, anyways). I'm still sort of downed that Cyzir's lost, since that fits best of all and is my favorite design to boot, but eh.

YDG, seems just about perfect to me, looks pretty special but maybe physical enough to explode (base 60 attack enough lol), and looks pure rock for sure. Caladbolg's is awesome though, but YDG takes the gold for me. If he wins you all can partially thank me for being an asshole :)

YDG. This was one of my favorites since the beginning. I think the scythes look kinda like limestone... I used to have one of those white gravel driveways as a kid so that may be why I can see it as rock easily.

So I guess not a single one of my 5-6 favorites even made it to the finals... :(

This was almost a coin toss-up for me, but I think I'll go with YDG. Looks floaty and speedy and special-attacky, I guess. Also fairly original.

*Sigh* I'm still kinda bummed with how things turned out...

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, if I lose in this Final-Final Poll, I feel like a winner already. I don´t care the result....

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. Thanks for all the support.

So I guess not a single one of my 5-6 favorites even made it to the finals... :(

This was almost a coin toss-up for me, but I think I'll go with YDG. Looks floaty and speedy and special-attacky, I guess. Also fairly original.

*Sigh* I'm still kinda bummed with how things turned out...
Yeah, your's was my favorite. It fit the stats perfectly and could conceivably have a great movepool. Oh, why did it lose?!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Maybe I should make the bottom of the op bigger? Please, if you don't have anything to discuss, don't post. A bunch of posts were already deleted because they were just PC++. So please, think before you post.

I am crestfallen that Cyzir;s design did not make it. Not only did it fit the concept perfectly, but it was AWESOME and my favorite CAP design so far.

That being said, I don't really have a preference. i am really apathetic about this now. They are good designs, but.... I guess i'll wait and see how things play out.

Voted yourDeadGrandad! And to make UberMunch's comment make a bit more sense, read this first.

Seeing yDG's great artwork make it this far makes me appreciate this statement about his original submission:

diablojd05 said:
If you really think that has any chance of winning then that is pretty funny.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I really don't like neither of the designs to be honest, but it's just me, I'm not feeling the pokemon thing, but either way I like the concept Caladbolg, it's the one that could somewhat reflect a pokemon, so it's taking my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)