CAP Weather Project Poll

How do we want to proceed with "weather" on the CAP project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I think it doesn't matter what fucking name the teams have lol

I'm still down for Red (Sun) vs Blue (Rain) vs White (Hail)

I support an auto sun and an auto rain pokemon in OU, it will diversify the metagame in unspeakable ways. Pokemon will not be the same if these two weathers bacame auto activated.

I think that if we do go ahead on this, BST should not exceed 500, as a starting point. We can go from there, but I think it woudl be cool to have one be a heavily defensiv epoke while the other is heavily offensive

I think it doesn't matter what fucking name the teams have lol

I'm still down for Red (Sun) vs Blue (Rain) vs White (Hail)
Why would we want another auto-hail pokemon? That would be a bit unbalanced as now the hail teams would have two pokemon to conjure up an infinite storm.

If anything white should be our "clear skies" pokemon that negates all weather until someone changes it manually.

I can't see Option #2 making a surprise comeback any time soon.

I'm all for the two teams, and Magma and Aqua are good enough names.

This is definitely the best Option. Is anyone else thinking of Kyogre and Groudon versions of Phione? These pokemon could be the offspring of the Uber weather changers but never evolve.

I support an auto sun and an auto rain pokemon in OU, it will diversify the metagame in unspeakable ways. Pokemon will not be the same if these two weathers bacame auto activated.
I agree. The meta-game is too strongly based on sandstorm right now, that is why I was open to the greenhouse option.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with the clear sky Pokemon, if we are going to make auto rain and sun we should make something to remove them.

Still not too keen on splitting us into teams, maybe each person could be in 2 out of 3 teams?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm all for the two teams, and Magma and Aqua are good enough names.
I don't like those names as they sort of lock us into making one fire and one water Pokemon. Electric and Grass are just as acceptable and viable. Heck, they don't even have to have any of those types. (doesn't change the fact that I think they should lol)
I agree with the clear sky Pokemon, if we are going to make auto rain and sun we should make something to remove them.

Still not too keen on splitting us into teams, maybe each person could be in 2 out of 3 teams?
I always presumed the clear skys would be everyone and you'd only have to split for Sun/Rain, but that was just my interpretation.

I think I'd rather save the weather project for some time long in the future, i.e. not right after making a Fire/Grass Pokemon. There's plenty of concepts and types that haven't been touched yet.

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I also thought the last ability poll was unfair towards those who only wanted it to have one ability, seeing as that was impossible with "top2 become the abilities".

Magma and Aqua teams are go. We don't need a team for the Clear Skies poke cos everyone will want a say in creating it.

One thing though, it's a shame but my theorymon prediction is that Hail teams are gonna be wiped off the face of OU by the inclusion of these other auto weather pokes.

With that in mind, how about we give Syclant Snow Warning?! *jokes*

Well we can make the new auto sun/rain pokemon an evolution of Castform, he has crappy stats and we could give him both Drizzle and Drought as Ability.

The majority of this community were willing to give scylant 121 speed,every move possible and a stealth rock immunity. The community also gave the mummy shed rest and the majority of whom were willing to give an insanely bulky fire/grass pokemon auto sun.

You then expecting that same community to resist all the "cool" concepts to make two balanced Abomasnow crap level pokemon, this has distaster written all over it. I seriously doubt half the community are gonna vote some shitty typing like fire/rock even if thats the typing needed to make it balanced and Abomasnow level crap.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The majority of this community were willing to give scylant 121 speed,every move possible and a stealth rock immunity. The community also gave the mummy shed rest and the majority of whom were willing to give an insanely bulky fire/grass pokemon auto sun.

You then expecting that same community to resist all the "cool" concepts to make an Abomasnow crap level pokemon, this has distaster written all over it.
With all that bright and sunny enthusiasm, I'll take it to mean you want to be part of the Red team, latinoheat.

I don't like those names as they sort of lock us into making one fire and one water Pokemon. Electric and Grass are just as acceptable and viable. Heck, they don't even have to have any of those types. (doesn't change the fact that I think they should lol)

Not true. Groudon is a Ground-type, isn't it? Anyway, Magma and Aqua only favour land-dwelling Pokemon and marine Pokemon respectively, and their signature Pokemon are Groudon and Kyogre who are the original auto-weathers, which pretty much makes them the perfect choice for our team names.

Oh, by the way. Would it be possible to submit artwork to both of the teams, then?

^I'm pretty sure yes.

I don't really think giving them mirrored stats is a good idea. I know Kyorge/Groundon do, but that's a really bad reason for us to do that.

People have said Rain=/=Sun, and they are right. My feeling is that if we were to make these guys UU without the weather (an idea I really like), then Sun would have to be a more powerful pokemon than Rain (at least in one way, whether that be BST/X-Act's way or Movepool)

exactly but i can't imagine many people agreeing when their teams project is told it can't have as much bst as the other teams.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
exactly but i can't imagine many people agreeing when their teams project is told it can't have as much bst as the other teams.
This is the exact reason we have Topic Leaders in order tp prevent such happenings. If the TL only puts on options between 420 and 460, then people will HAVE to vote in that range.

Basically it means we'll be making the Team Leaders responsible people. Besides, I like Doug's idea where we figure out types and BST first, and then move our separate ways from there.

Besides, I like Doug's idea where we figure out types and BST first
overall stats rating*

Btw, I think it's pretty easy to put a cap on its power. Just look out for the best UU Pokemon (just ask UU players/people in the UU tournament), check their rating (X-Act put one up for every Pokemon I think) and from there it should be pretty easy to see what a reasonable maximum is.

Wait...

Does anyone else want to make our Scrappy, Field hazard immune, Rapid Spinner, before we get into these 2-3 huge weather projects?

I mean everyone is already complaining how FH's are dominating the metagame thanks to Revenekah... so why dont we deal with that first?

overall stats rating*

Btw, I think it's pretty easy to put a cap on its power. Just look out for the best UU Pokemon (just ask UU players/people in the UU tournament), check their rating (X-Act put one up for every Pokemon I think) and from there it should be pretty easy to see what a reasonable maximum is.
Pinsir gets 279 Overall, with 167 or Rank 5 in Physical Sweepiness.
Scyther gets 294 Overall, with 170 or Rank 5 in Physical Sweepiness.
Shuckle gets 114 Overall, with 163 or Rank 5 in both Tankiness. (wierd for something that is at like 60~70 on the main server).
Kangashkan gets a 248 Overall, with 133 or Rank 3 in Physical Sweepiness.
Hitmonlee gets a 205 Overall, with 168 or Rank 5 in Physical Sweepiness.

Those are all Top Tier UU's I remember from the Discussion Thread on BL/UU. Next are some BL's who were discussed in the same thread for comparision.

Slowking gets 228 Overall, with a 153 or Rank 4 in Special Tankiness. (In BL because of Nasty Plot sweeping, however)
Miltank gets 234 Overall, with a 147 or Rank 4 in Physical Tankiness.
Steelix gets 314, with a 229 or Rank 9 in Physical Tankiness.
Torterra gets 298 Overall, with a 147 or Rank 4 in Physical Tankiness. (In BL because of its offensive prowess/Leech Seed)
Blaziken gets 325 Overall, with a 154 or Rank 4 in Physical Sweepiness.

It seems movepool is the splitting factor between BL and UU, with Miltank/Kangashkan being the best examples. Also, all of the UU's besides Kangashkan get a Rank 5 in their best factor, while all the BL's besides Steelix get a Rank 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)