LC Carvanha

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Carvanha has recently rose in popularity in LC as a wallbreaker and late-game cleaner, outspeeding the unboosted metagame and common Choice Scarf users like Porygon after Speed Boost. Liquidation and Crunch form a potent STAB combination that threatens metagame staples like Natu, Ponyta, and Diglett. Psychic Fangs complements these two moves by handling bulky foes like Foongus, Mareanie, and Mienfoo. Carvanha can also be quite difficult to revenge kill with Protect, which can let it stall out Grassy Terrain from Grookey and block First Impression and Fake Out from Trapinch and Mienfoo, respectively. Spikes support from Ferroseed and Dwebble greatly enhances Carvanha's cleaning potential, weakening bulky foes such as Ferroseed, Koffing, and Porygon. Trapinch removes Grookey with First Impression and weakens Ferroseed into KO range for Carvanha.

Last edited:

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
as a late-game cleaner
I think it's actually being used more as a wallbreaker, maybe find a way to include both?

which lets it stall out Grassy Terrain from Grookey
add the word potentially, or something to that effect. It cannot do this consistently but it can do this eventually.

Is it worth explaining the Zero HP IVs? I know its above the scope of the readers but use your judgment there.

QC 1/1

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add Remove Comment
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Carvanha has recently rose in popularity in LC as a wallbreaker and late-game cleaner, outspeeding the unboosted (*) metagame and common Choice Scarf users like Porygon after Speed Boost. Liquidation and Crunch form a potent STAB combination that threatens metagame staples like Natu, Ponyta, and Diglett. Psychic Fangs complements these two moves by handling bulky foes like Foongus, Mareanie, and Mienfoo. Carvanha can also be quite difficult to revenge kill with Protect, (*) which lets it potentially can let it stall out Grassy Terrain from Grookey and block First Impression and Fake Out from Trapinch and Mienfoo, respectively. Spikes support from Ferroseed and Dwebble greatly enhances Carvanha's cleaning potential, weakening bulky foes such as Ferroseed, Koffing, and Porygon. Trapinch removes Grookey with First Impression and weakens Ferroseed into KO range for Carvanha.

i am surprised that "protect letting it accumulate speed boosts" goes unmentioned. i imagine this could let it outspeed more than just the unboosted metagamate and contribute to it being hard to revenge kill with protect. but i also dont play lc. i marked both of those parts with *. do with it as you will tm

hikari.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)