Strategy & Metagame Case study: metagrossite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I saw a few other case studies about other suspect tests for other tiers, so I wanted to know if I could do one for Metagross in OU. I'd basically follow the format of the other ones, but I'd like to go a bit more in depth and possibly interview well known players for their opinions on the matter due to how controversial this suspect test was.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We have been informed that you once had the custom title 'metagrossite isn't broken', and this leads to various issues such as how objective and fair you can actually be writing this article. Is it going to have a heavy bias? That's the sort of question I have at this point. With that in mind, a skeleton outlining your key points for and against would be appreciated, and someone with more competitive knowledge than me should be able to evaluate whether it represents the suspect test fairly. I'm okay with you being opposed to the ban or whatever, so long as you can still show both sides of the argument fairly.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah, i did have that as a CT. and yes, i am heavily biased towards the anti ban side, but it wont really affect how the article would be written because it would be moreso facts and opinions from others than my own personal opinion. i would write it with a slighty anti ban bias because it wasnt banned, but its not gonna be to the point where any pro ban argument is picked apart and disregarded.

an outline of it would be something like this:

• Metagross's traits
  • What it does in the metagame
    • its impact on the metagame
  • the suspect ladder
    • how the metagame played without metagross
  • arguments for and against it being banned <- for this id ask other ppl for their opinions, most likely tour players
the above is obviously very rough and id have to flush it out more, but what im really going for is metagross's impact on the metagame, and the arguments of each side of why / why not it should be banned

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like I said to those who objected on IRC last night, I won't tell someone who voted for the winning side that they're unfit to write the article due to bias. But I WILL tell you that since the vote was a close call, this article needs to be handled with care, as it both needs to cover all the manners to counter and check it while still emphasizing that it is arguable the biggest threat in OU right now.

So for me, this is approved. Might wanna wait a bit longer to let others speak their mind, if there are any.

Clone

Free Gliscor
Like I said to those who objected on IRC last night, I won't tell someone who voted for the winning side that they're unfit to write the article due to bias.
Im just wondering, if any of the other 3 possibilities were to pop up (it got banned; i was pro ban it didnt get banned; i was pro ban it did get banned), would you all have the same concerns?

and ill be sure to keep the bias out. i realize how much of a threat metagross is to ou and i can fully acknowledge the pro ban arguments, even if i do feel that some of them are over exaggerated. ill wait untill this issue goes live since i have to finish the wip that i have now, but if there are any objections from anyone else, please lmk soonish. thanks.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pro ban / not banned, and Pro Stay / banned would be the only conflicting results imo. The only reason why this is such a concern is because others saw you take a strong stance in a complex issue, so while I'd love to just write it off as drama, the fact that this suspect test ended up close makes it neccessary to appeal to both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)