Chicken with a side of falsehood

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
the problem is not their beliefs, the problem is they are actively funding gay hate groups.what's so hard to understand? I don't have a problem going to a Christian restaurant,I have a problem with them openly using the money I give them for something unethical.
People aren't boycotting CFA because it's a Christian fast food joint, It's because they donated millions of dollars to gay hate groups with money they make off their products.
Again, people aren't boycotting CFA for its beliefs (they were already known) but for funding gay hate groups with the money they get from their products.
They have never funded a single hate group. They have not given money to the KKK. They have not given money to the Westboro Baptist Church. If you want to disagree with the groups they've donated money to, feel free. But they are not hate groups.

What does this place have over KFC?

Seriously I'm thinking colonel's secrete recipe + gravy > religious anti-gay restaurant that happens to serve chicken.

KFC is usually paired with the fish place to as a combo, so you can get hush puppies and deep fried fish for Christ's sake. I don't get it.

Seriously I'm thinking colonel's secrete recipe + gravy > religious anti-gay restaurant that happens to serve chicken.

KFC is usually paired with the fish place to as a combo, so you can get hush puppies and deep fried fish for Christ's sake. I don't get it.
Finally, the voice of reason. I was questioning this throughout this entire thread.

Honestly, is chicken so sparse in these places where there's a CFA that you can't afford to put in one KFC?

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
They have never funded a single hate group. They have not given money to the KKK. They have not given money to the Westboro Baptist Church. If you want to disagree with the groups they've donated money to, feel free. But they are not hate groups.
stop with that lame game. only if you're on KKK's level (which i guess would be subjective???), you can be called a hate group? nice goalpost.

but ok, I'm gonna play your game.

Southern Poverty Law Center said:
In late 2010, reacting to reports that his group had once again been listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, Cameron told The (Colorado Springs, Colo.) Gazette that he believed homosexuality should be criminalized in America and that he was fine with a proposed bill in Uganda that would punish some gay sexual acts with death (“Whatever they decide, I’m OK with”). He also proposed heavily taxing gays and single adults because of their failure to produce children. And he suggested that gays and lesbians undergo a “public shaming” of some kind.
source

since you said "hasn't funded a single hate group" I'll leave it at this, but if you want, I could spend 3 minutes looking for evidence about Exodus International being a hate group.

edit: another one, for the Family Fundation this one gets a BIG cash wad from CFA)

Crosswalk said:
Potok in his editorial also charged that leaders of the religious right were guilty of using "bully-boy tactics" such as "cruel name-calling." The contention of many Christians, that they hate the sin but love the sinner, is "a hard one to swallow," according to Potok. "When perpetrators of hate crimes against gays use identical words to describe their victims, you have to wonder where it began," he states.
source

edit2: im kinda bored. Exodus International now.

SPLC said:
Through annual events such as the “Day of Truth,” groups like Exodus International and the Alliance Defense Fund have kept up a drumbeat of anti-gay misinformation that reverberates in our nation’s schools. One of the biggest and most dangerous lies promoted by these groups is the claim that gay people can change their sexual orientation through what is commonly known as “ex-gay” or “conversion” therapy.
source

and American Psychological Association says, on sexual orientation
APA said:
The longstanding consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions is that homosexuality per se is a normal and positive variation of human sexual orientation
source
and
APA said:
most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation
source

oh and Exodus is supported by Family Research council (see above) and Focus on the Family, both SPCL-certifed hate groups.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
except that quote you claim is about the family research council (which CFA happens to have donated money to) happens to be about the family research institute (which CFA happens to have not donated money to)

please read your sources

and concerning EI and the others, opposing homosexuality legally and morally does not make any group a hate group

again:
wiki said:
A hate group is an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society. According to the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), hate groups' "primary purpose is to promote animosity, hostility, and malice against persons belonging to a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin which differs from that of the members of the organization."
Neither Chick Fil A, nor the organizations they have donated money to meet that criteria.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Both of you are ridiculous.

The charities in which Chick Fil-A donates too are clearly pro hetero charities, and discourage gay and lesbian couples from marriage. Something is clearly fucked up there as a whole if we do not allow same sex couples the same rights as opposite gender couples. It's inhumane to not allow people who are born that way the same rights as people born differently. In the next 30 years (God I hope it's less) our children will be looking at us the same way we view our parents with Black rights, "why did it take you guys so long?"

As for Phantasia and the likes, they are not hate groups. They do not go around spreading such words, however they are not good charities. Like most God fearing (or is it loving?) people they do not believe in the acts of same-sex marriage due to the bible. You shouldn't condemn someone for their beliefs. In your face atheists are just as obnoxious as in your face Christians or Catholics. \

You're both right and you're both wrong, on many levels!

Why is the government even in the business of deciding who should or shouldn't get married?

I'm anti-government marriage.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The government has a duty to protect equal rights under the equal protections clause in the 14th Ammendment of the Constitution.

That's why the Federal Government is involved. It's not up to the states to determine whether they're allowed to give a group of people an inherent human right. It's out of their jurisdiction.

yeah they're funding groups that actively try to deny minority groups equal rights. you can justify it however you want but saying "oh they're not hate groups because it's just their beliefs" is bullshit. it's hardly different than "blacks should be separate but equal" and it's disgusting and "hate group" is a very accurate term.

I'm going to go ahead an take back the few things I posted earlier. So, sorry for making myself look like a fool with a stupid post.

For the few of you still arguing with each other: You know neither side in this is going to convince the other that it's wrong, right?

I'm going to go ahead an take back the few things I posted earlier. So, sorry for making myself look like a fool with a stupid post.

For the few of you still arguing with each other: You know neither side in this is going to convince the other that it's wrong, right?
how dare you interrupt our mindless hate with your logic

The government has a duty to protect equal rights under the equal protections clause in the 14th Ammendment of the Constitution.

That's why the Federal Government is involved. It's not up to the states to determine whether they're allowed to give a group of people an inherent human right. It's out of their jurisdiction.
I didn't specify Federal government in my statement. I meant all forms of Government.

Food for thought: If gay marriage is legalized, you still won't have to see gays marrying in your favorite churches because a priest doesn't have to fucking be the one to marry you

I don't know how good your local KFCs are still, but all of the ones where I live suck pretty much. I mean don't get me wrong, I used to love KFC as well and they used to have good (and moderately priced) food, but nowdays they just suck and are overpriced for the most part besides the biscuits, potatoes, and cole slaw (which are still overpriced, I mean their individual size is just sad considering the portion they used to have). Also, Long John Silver's sucks as well besides the hush puppies, they are still good.

lol at the whole idea of "christian companies", shouldn't restaurants (and their customers) be occupying themselves with their food?

fuck the church, fuck anti-gay rights, fuck blatantly lying to customers

so glad i live in europe

edit: slightly off-topic but for anyone who used to like r/atheism but grew sick of it, this might be for you
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheismbot

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think most people actually believe a vegetarian diet is better for them and can help maintain weight and saturated fat in-take. A study done in 2003 seems to confirm that. However when it came to non-vegetarians discussing their diet they believed that a meat filled diet tastes better than a vegetarian one. I think that most people who do eat meat don't have entirely all of the facts about diet and health, though I think that the same argument could be made for vegetarians. Anyway I'll leave the study here because it's kind of neat:
see two posts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)