SM UU "Christ Conscious" Pursuit Spam BO

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion

(I'll update this as I ladder)
Introduction
Aye, so this is my second RMT and I've really enjoyed using this team the past few days while laddering. It all started when I randomly remembered this one Metagross set with Grassium Z that Accelgor gave me back in the washtom meta, I then remembered that ehT had a mixed metagross set. I hadn't used Metagross like once this gen, so I thought fuck it... why not make a team with it, sounds like fun.

Teambuilding Process

This set basically exists to set rocks and lure things. "Things" mainly being Scizor and bulky waters/grounds. Metagross is pretty rare to see these days in UU so I got the urge to build around this because it's a pretty neat set.

Aight so, this is like the perfect combo here. Metagross lures bulky waters/grounds and Scizor, which are pretty much Maero's main switch ins (aside from bulkier steels like Maggron). Metagross is hard walled by Chandy and Moltres, while Maero can take care of both of those mons w/o too much difficulty. Something like Swampert being out of the game early gives Maero so much fuckin breathing room to just do whatever the fuck it wants.

Scarf Krook comes through here to give some speed control, but more importantly an elec immunity. Having a non-ground type rocker in UU means you're probably gonna end up using something like Scarf Krook to make up for it. Krook is the main volt absorber and answer to Mega Manectric, while also giving MORE Pursuit support (alongside Maero), speed control, and a ghost resist.

I remember I was stuck on this slot for a minute or two, I wanted a Fairy type to combat Hydreigon (which is a p big issue for this team rn), and Togekiss kinda seemed like it'd just be making the Scizor matchup like unbearable, even with Babiri + Flamethrower it felt odd. I ended up going with bulky Prima... this mon is like the status absorber for the team and so far has proven to be a beast. Even without the absurd power of Specs, it has put the team on it's back more times than I can count. It's cool for the stall matchup while also giving me a fairy type that is kinda capable of beating Scizor and other steels.

Scizor comes through as a pivot with Pursuit to more reliably trap Lati, yes ik I have 2 pursuit mons already... but it's pursuit spam and I honestly like it more than Knock Off on CB Scizor even with Pursuit support already on the team. CB Scizor really really helps here because of the Serp matchup being so mediocre, it's relying on Maero to check it and that can't even really switch in safely with rocks up... the speed control of a CB Bullet Punch is also just really helpful since Scarf Krook is a scarfer that's outsped by common DDers such as Haxorus at +1.

Mowtom might seem like it makes the Metagross lure kinda redundant, but honestly I don't have a problem with it. Mowtom is great at coming in on Swampert and forcing it out as it defogs the rocks away, but no Swampert is ever staying in on a Mowtom. W/o Mowtom the team relies 100% percent on fuckin Metagross GKnot to break waters and grounds... which obviously isn't enough, so Mowtom w/ Defog works well in this slot... also makes a good voltturn core with Scizor.

In Depth

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
- Meteor Mash

So this is the set that starts it all here, it's basically just a mixed set with max SpA and max Spe. Hidden Power Fire to lure Scizor and Grass Knot to lure shit like Swampert, Hippo, Quagsire, etc. You can run Explosion > Meteor Mash as well, but I prefer Meteor Mash to pressure shit like Lati and Fairies w/o having to suicide.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This is pretty much standard Maero right now, this mon is just here to pressure burds and click whatever the fuck it wants when Scizor/Pert/etc are lured by Metagross. With this Metagross set, this mon seriously gets SO MUCH breathing room to just click shit throughout the game. Most of shit that Metagross lures with Grass Knot are rockers as well, which means no rocks on the field for the rocks weak Maero.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

I was kinda forced to run Scarf Krook because of the non ground rocker I'm running in Metagross. Krook also offers a Ghost resist and a solidish Mmane answer. Scarf Krook is honestly like mediocre speed control because it's slower than the vast majority of scarfers (Nape, Lati, Drei, etc.) However it's great in the sense that it can more reliably answer shit like Mmane, Maero, Raikou, etc. while holding a Choice Scarf compared to not holding a Choice Scarf. Scarf Krook is highkey prolly the most splashable and best set in general rn.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bulky rest talk prima comes in as a status absorber, bulky water, and reliable Hydreigon answer because of it's important fairy typing. This mon actually helps the stall matchup because of it being able to 1v1 most stall mons aside from Blissey, which gives my CB Scizor a free switch in most of the time to chip with Pursuit. Also the shark matchup was lookin rough otherwise.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

So this slot is a little annoying because CB is so important for the stall matchup, being immune to toxic and being generally more efficient as Pursuit trapping Blissey compared to the other two mons with Pursuit on the team... but with CB > SD Scizor, the win con is spamming Bullet Punch most of the time. SD Scizor gives this team a bonafide win con, while CB doesn't... which is an issue but I think it's fine for the most part, it's worked out fine so far n_n.

Rotom-Mow @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Pretty much standard Mowtom here, no z move on the team so obviously this thing gets it to help the Suicune matchup significantly, having this mon also helps the stall matchup because it's a grass type pivot paired with CB Scizor + Pursuit to pressure Blissey. The fact that this can fog on grounds and waters is important despite the lure Metagross set, you could see it as redundant a bit... especially since the Mowtom also has Elec Z for nuking Scizor and more importantly Mega Aggron since I literally get 6-0d by Curse Maggron w/o this lmao.

Threats
Mega Aggron - Aight so this is a rough matchup, especially if it's Curse Maggron... cause you're pretty much relying completely on Elec Z rotom and random Hp Fires to break this thing with a Def boost, however it's still manageable w/ Elec Z on Rotom.

Stall - This is a doable matchup for sure, with a grass pivot + pursuit support on top of the rest talk Primarina... stall is something you can pull off with some outplays. However it's still not a super good matchup in general, it requires outplays and/or the opponent being fuckin stupid half the time tbh, it's shaky at best.

Serperior - This is also a 100% doable matchup, and it's definitely less shaky than the stall matchup. CB Scizor Bullet Punch along with Maero Ice Fang is definitely enough to keep Serp at bay for the most part, but 100% switch ins to Leaf Storm + Hp Fire aren't all there, and it comes in for free on Prima, choice locked Krook, Mowtom, etc.

Scizor - Another doable matchup for sure, it's really not to big of a deal. It's lured by Metagross and Primarina can scare it with Scald burns... however if it gets to +2 and you play it poorly, it's prolly game.

Mega Manectric - Yes, I have Scarf Krook, but it's still kind of an issue when literally nothing else on my entire team can switch into Mega Manectric. A few stray Hp Ices onto the Krook, and shit... the game's prolly over. Mmane can prolly just come in and click Volt Switch whenever tf it wants until everything is dead honestly. Play Scarf Krook carefully.

Replays (click on the images for replays)

I wanna keep this shit as short as humanly possible, I will miss A LOT of people, trust me... don't get your feelings hurt, it was just way too fuckin long last time LOL, you know how much I love all of you.

Amane Misa - You’re my best friend, legit. I’m really fuckin proud of you for everything you’ve accomplished, and I’m really fuckin proud to be your friend. You do so much for me and I can’t imagine shit without you.
sei - The OG day 1 homie I've had on this shitty ass shit. You seem to pop up right when I need you to every single time and your pep talks always help motivate me, fr. Thanks for everything you've done to help me get better at this dogshit game and for believing in me when no one else would.
Sage - I remember when you randomly popped up in my pms cause we were both doing research week, I'm really fuckin glad you did that cause we've been friends ever since and you're one of the nicest humans I've met, so nice sometimes to the point where it like legit confuses me LOL. Thanks for everything.
CSB - Not only were you my first tutor and you're still like a legit big brother to me in this stupid ass community, no matter how little lessons we had together... you still taught me a lot and I really appreciate it. I hope to see you around more often, thanks for everything.
Chloe - Easily one of my favorite people in this community, you're always fun to talk to and you're always there for me when I'm lonely. You've helped me get into the oms community w/o much difficulty and you have no chlue how much you've really helped me, thank you.
Jake - Day 1 OG goon squad, never forget the times watching seiballion do absolutely nothing every game but we still tried to justify it, and absolutely never fuckin forget the legendary Superpower Mamoswine cteam. You've been here for me since the beginning and while this game is ass as it is, it'd definitely be much worse w/o you.
Bnast - Thanks for listening to Dedication 6 with me on a loop for like 3 months straight, and all the ghosting we did when I was desperately trying to be half decent at this dogshit game, that shit actually helped me out a lot LOL. We can talk later.
Accelgor - I don't think I could ever repay you for all the shit you've done for me tbh, you always gave me chances when idek if I deserved them. You're easily one of the chillest dudes on PS and I appreciate you. Hopefully OKC won't be a first round exit this year ;w;.
yeezyknows - Ik you're always there for me when I really need it, you've also been a day 1 homie and you always chall me whenever you see me online to try and push me to get better, believe me... I appreciate you a lot. Thanks for everything.
Martha - Let's keep getting better at this god awful game together, lmk if you need anything cause I'm always gonna be here. You do a lot for me without you even knowing it, fr. Thank you :].
Toads - You've been one of my longer time friends on this site. Thank you for stickin with me this whole time, you do a lot for me and I'm more comfortable talking to you than I am with most people, thank you. fr.
Junny - We miss you come back ;w;.
Sparrow - You, Cake, Surg, and a few others pretty much taught me how to rate and build without even trying. Watching you guys do what you do whenever you'd shit on one of my garbage teams fr helped me so much throughout trying to get better at this awful fuckin game. I appreciate everything you do, ty. (Btw elec z on mowtom was his idea).
Drew - You've got a long ways to go but deep down I think you're a good kid. Try your best to be the best you can be, you can come to me if you need help even if you're hanging by like a string rn. Just stay motivated and you'll go places, after you find yourself and figure out what you wanna do.

[00:27] itsjustdrew: if i dont get a shoutout ill beat you in basketball
[00:27] itsjustdrew: ill dunk on you
[00:27] itsjustdrew: you know i can
^ I better shout him out ;w;

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
- Meteor Mash

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Rotom-Mow @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

BHRIS BROWN IS HIDING A CHILD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)