Cinccino

Hi everyone, is there any chance of someone doing a special Chillachino, I know, I know it's got no special stats but I'll make an effort to make one

@Life Orb/Silk Scarf
Timid/Modest
Technician/Cute Charm :P
Cheer Up
Swift
Attract/Subsistute
Focus Blast
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed

I'm just throwing stuff out...if it's a single match attract to try and get a stall out or supsitute and maybe get a partner to have swagger abd hit Chillachino with it, Cheer up Swift, sadly you'll have to swap out on ghost pokemon

Sorry if this set fails, I made an attempt, I shall continue to play around and see what I can do, although I know Persian has better options for making a Spec Tech

To be honest, this thing really just looks like an inferior Ambipom.

And sorry to get off-topic, but anyone else thinks this guys name sounds like something you'd order at Starbucks?

breh

強いだね
I'm not sure it works that way.

It does indeed work that way... wrong percentage though I think.

It has a 40.951% (King's rock activates 1/10 of the time right? then it should be 1-(1-1/10)^5, which is 1-(0.9^5).... 40.951%) chance to flinch, assuming a hit (this means bullet seed); the lower accuracy ones (rock blast and Sweep Slap) have 34.80835% and 32.7608% chance to flinch, taking into account their respective 85 and 80% chances to hit.

Someone explain how it's Ambipom 2.0 or an inferior Ambipom to me. I don't see it at all, I see them as two completely different Pokemon with different uses and the same abilities.

This thing is cute. But deadly. I am so getting her on my team when I get Black & White in English. Ambipom has a negligible 5 base attack higher, unless that extra 5 base attack helps it KO something this girl can't. And considering it can learn Rock Blast, Bullet Seed AND Sweep Slap by level up, boy this thing is going to leave serious dents with Technician. Ambipom only has Low Kick over Chillachino offensive-wise, because Chillachino has those 3 moves mentioned to abuse it's Dream World ability, Skill Link, although in the support department Ambipom does better with Nasty Plot.

P.S: Can somebody please explain to me on how Pokemon acquire their Dream World abilities?

Someone explain how it's Ambipom 2.0 or an inferior Ambipom to me. I don't see it at all, I see them as two completely different Pokemon with different uses and the same abilities.
Same here as they do two very different jobs except for being an offensive sub breaker. Admittedly I can see Ambipom having more flexibility in roles - support, scout, batton passer. However, Chillachino is far more offensive oriented - given the multi-hit moves boosted by either abilities you choose to use - and that is precisely what his main niche is being pure offense which I see the sets being proposed to focus on.

Hence, I don't really see the point in comparing the two since they're pretty apples and oranges in most cases (Ambipom has other things going for him which Chillachino really doesn't appear to be built in usurping him from) on the point of commonality though as an offensive attacker meant for breaking subs Chillachino certainly has the upper hand over Ambipom - just look at his movesets and skills.

Edit: On another note I guess Chillachino can work as a HAX flincher (something more unique to him as a role which he would compete with Cloyster but they're probably going to be two different tiers so yeah) when equipped with a King Stone given how high the potential flinch rate will be when his ability is Skill Link. Though I find it better to focus on Technician for now since we don't know when Nintendo will release Skill Link Chillachino (though it should probably be early since he seems so cute and could possibly help to be a mascot for B/W).

breh

強いだね
This thing is cute. But deadly. I am so getting her on my team when I get Black & White in English. Ambipom has a negligible 5 base attack higher, unless that extra 5 base attack helps it KO something this girl can't. And considering it can learn Rock Blast, Bullet Seed AND Sweep Slap by level up, boy this thing is going to leave serious dents with Technician. Ambipom only has Low Kick over Chillachino offensive-wise, because Chillachino has those 3 moves mentioned to abuse it's Dream World ability, Skill Link, although in the support department Ambipom does better with Nasty Plot.

P.S: Can somebody please explain to me on how Pokemon acquire their Dream World abilities?
Dream world abilities are found by catching a pokemon from the dream world in your game (hence the name); they're event pokemon more or less. The other option (doesn't work for legendaries) is to breed them with a Dream World ability (Eccentric) Ditto.

Also Ambi =/= Chillachino; one is a pokemon that abuses a fast, powerful Fake Out and a fast U-turn, while the other abuses strong (yeah so 125 base power moves off of 95 base attack with no drawbacks is pretty good IMO) multi hit moves in a variety of ways. Plus one sounds weird while the other is an icy caffinated drink.

Dream world abilities are found by catching a pokemon from the dream world in your game (hence the name); they're event pokemon more or less. The other option (doesn't work for legendaries) is to breed them with a Dream World ability (Eccentric) Ditto.

Also Ambi =/= Chillachino; one is a pokemon that abuses a fast, powerful Fake Out and a fast U-turn, while the other abuses strong multi hit moves in a variety of ways. Plus one sounds weird while the other is an icy caffinated drink.
I see. Dumb question, but how do you access the Dream World? Do you need Wi-Fi connection?

breh

強いだね
I see. Dumb question, but how do you access the Dream World? Do you need Wi-Fi connection?
Uhhhh... I believe it has something to do with the Global Link, and yes, I believe you do need wifi.

Could be wrong though.

All that I know is that dream world abilities can be bred if the mother or ditto has them... for example an ingame hihidaruma with daruma mode (dream world ability), if female, can breed Inner Focus (which is, IIRC, the Dream World ability of Darumakka) Darumakkas.

Uhhhh... I believe it has something to do with the Global Link, and yes, I believe you do need wifi.

Could be wrong though.

All that I know is that dream world abilities can be bred if the mother or ditto has them... for example an ingame hihidaruma with daruma mode (dream world ability), if female, can breed Inner Focus, which is, IIRC, the Dream World ability of Darumakka.
Oh I see. Thanks for the information.

technician lets you use wake up slap for a fighting move. you would replace u-turn with it probably since that would give it really good coverage.

Chillachino is looking pretty good. She is able to do 47.0% - 53.8% to 252/252 Bold Lugia with Rock Blast, with 289 attack and no boosting item. Wow just wow. She is so going to murder Hippowdown, Swampert, Vaporeon and Suicune with Bullet Seed, although she is only able to OHKO Swampert out of the 4 of them.

It does indeed work that way... wrong percentage though I think.

It has a 40.951% (King's rock activates 1/10 of the time right? then it should be 1-(1-1/10)^5, which is 1-(0.9^5).... 40.951%) chance to flinch, assuming a hit (this means bullet seed); the lower accuracy ones (rock blast and Sweep Slap) have 34.80835% and 32.7608% chance to flinch, taking into account their respective 85 and 80% chances to hit.
Smogon got it wrong i think, its 11.7% chance per hit.
bullet seed 46.3% chance
for rock blast 41.7% chance
sweep slap 39.4% chance

According to the research thread it looks like ditto does not count as female parent. And it's the female parent who can pass the dw ability, so I guess breeding a skill link chinchilla wont be possible until it gets released by nintendo. Makes sense imo, as DW pokes are pretty much event pokes and they would make the events useless if you could breed them with a dw ditto already.
I like this thing and his ability to go through subs.
A big disadventage of it's multiple hit moves are the herbivore pokes (that come in to get 2-5 atk boosts from bullet seed) and rough skin/rugged helmet pokes. My bro lost his chinchilla in a battle against me as I switched in kurimugan with rugged helmet and he lost 100% because he got 4 hits with sweep slap.
anyone knows if flame body/static/poison point have a chance to activate for every single hit? I guess they have, cause herbivore will activate for each hit as well

A big disadventage of it's multiple hit moves are the herbivore pokes (that come in to get 2-5 atk boosts from bullet seed)
Nope. They would only get one boost:
Multi-hit moves are treated as separate attacks, triggering some abilities multiple times. This includes recoil from Rough Skin\Iron Barbs\Rugged Helmet, Breakable Armor activation. However, if the ability makes the target immune to the attack, such as with Bullet Seed against Herbivore, the ability only activates once.
Herbivore isn't that common, anyway.

My bro lost his chinchilla in a battle against me as I switched in kurimugan with rugged helmet and he lost 100% because he got 4 hits with sweep slap.
anyone knows if flame body/static/poison point have a chance to activate for every single hit? I guess they have, cause herbivore will activate for each hit as well
only sweep slap would effect the first ones, so it isnt all too bad, you can run return over it if your worried about being killed that way
because the others are non contact moves
and yea, Immaterial pointed out that its been found that herbivore doesnt proc more than once

i love chillachiino, the second i learned sweep slap on my ingame runthrough he instantly outdamaged the rest of my team, and it only got better when i got to the move relearner

i personally would run technician to use wake-up slap, which lets you hit steels
however if you want to run u-turn to just swap out on a steel to a different counter, or just regularly swap, then it would be a toss up between the abilities based on preference, since thats the only other noteworthy move to benefit from technician

one thing i can only hope for though is bone rush and icicle spear given in the future(having a choice of 5 different typed 25BP multi hit moves would be SO cool)
unlikely to happen though.. but we can wish!

okay I was out of date on how herbivore works (I just had in mind that people stated it would activate several times).

sweep slap/bullet seed/rock blast/u-turn with kings rock is borderline broken haha.

not completely serious but really try it its amazing

On your Last Resort set, I was confused as why you ran Technician. No moves benefit from Technician on that set anyways. While ability is not the point in the moveset, the only ability that would help out at all on that set would be Cute Charm.

Is it just me, or does this Pokemon seem to be begging, "I'm the only Pokemon that would actually appreciate Claw Sharpen. WHAT THE HELL GAMEFREAK."

Is it just me, or does this Pokemon seem to be begging, "I'm the only Pokemon that would actually appreciate Claw Sharpen. WHAT THE HELL GAMEFREAK."
Well Aianto could baton pass that - I believe he's the only batton passer capable of such. Only issue is they may not necessarily be the best synergy. Sides Chillachino kind of has 4 slot syndrome as he certainly does have a great amount of moves to choose from - not just from the offensive but possible support as well with U-turn/Cheer Up/Encore.

Once upon a third version, Game Freak visited Old Man Move Deleter and forgot how to use Troll. So they realized that this thing really is cute. So they finally realized what Cloyster looks like. So in this third game, the hopes for Icicle Spear and Bone Rush should happen. Then Game Freak whipped themselves into a Pokemon fanart frenzy and learned Troll again from some maniacal collector.

All in a perfect world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)