ORAS Doubles OU Club Squad

Intro:
During the winter seasonals tour, I used this team about once. TR usually isn't my style, but I was trying to build a team around Marowak because of its sub-breaking abilities that beats Subtran and German Aegi. I kinda just used the standard one fake out user+two setters, and it was a decently solid team. However, it had trouble taking out Kang if it set up next to an Amoonguss without sacking a bunch of mons, especially if I didn't have Jellicent available. I ended up being lucky with a crucial one-turn sleep to reset TR for the win but since I played pretty horrible with it, I ended up not using it the rest of the tourney so far. I'm hoping to get some help with changing some mons/sets to help with some match-ups vs common pairs or cores like the earlier mentioned Kang+Amoong. Also, while it's generally easy to get up TR the first time, the second time is always a struggle.

The Team:

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bonemerang
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Marowak has a niche in that it can OHKO heatran even when it has sub up. It doesn't OHKO aegi but it does a crap ton. Low kick and rock slide are both filler moves, low kick is put on because it can OHKO kang. Rock Slide gives it a nice spread move to hit Tflame and Zard in TR. The only other options that Marowak can learn is like iron head, which has almost no point since Bonemerang already ohkos diancie. The spread is pretty simple since there isn't anything specific to EV it to live, so I just dumped the remaining 252 EV's into HP. Overall, Marowak hits really hard and sometimes can even help redirect tbolts at jelli.

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
Super standard set/spread so I'm just gonna go over a few things. Safety goggles instead of sitrus or colbur because the team isn't very Bisharp/dark weak, and sitrus recovery I felt wasn't as useful as goggles so I wouldn't have to fear amoong. I dropped tect for recover since I almost never find myself using tect on jelli. It's generally a super solid setter that additionaly works well with Marowak.

Behemoth (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
Slow kang for the fake out and power. The spread lives Keld secret sword. Honestly, not sure what to write on it, but I chose it since it's a pretty easy go-to mon that can be thrown on teams. It works well with Jelli as a switch in for fighting attacks, and heatrans for the burns. With stuff like Marowak and Eruptran on my team I wanted a solid mega to shore up defenses.

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Protect
Eruptran is really fun to run on TR, and since both of my setters are fairly passive, Eruptran helped as a powerful attacker. I also had safety goggles over something like charcoal, because I needed a switch-in that could beat amoonguss. While jelli can switch in, it basically only ignores Amoong. I generally prefer fire blast over flamethrower because it does a noticeable greater amount of damage that helps finishes off opposing mons, and I'm ok with an 85% accuracy move.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock]
Similar to eruptran, I wanted an attacker that could hit hard to make up for my passive setters. The
set is fairly standard, but I put hp rock over ground because I already had so many ways to hit heatran/steels already, while hp rock would allow me to hit zard and tflame which I had more trouble with.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
Porygon 2 is super bulky and really reliable of a setter. However, looking back now I probably would like some suggestions to replace either it or jelli since having two more passive setters while reliable, probably isn't a good idea. Also it stacks normal typing with kang which loses some STAB coverage options. I originally chose it because it was a tr setter not weak to dark types and could deal with lando-T could give other members of the team trouble when out of TR.

Pretty far from perfect so I'm willing to change a lot of the team, but would like to keep the MVPs marowak and eruptran on if possible :3

Nido-Rus for suggesting cool ideas like marowak and helping out a lot. He also is the meanest person on earth-> http://pastebin.com/DiRPrsYF His name is Nido-Rus the Savage
Yellow Paint for helping with testing and teambuilding
thetalkingtree for providing advice, testing, and being nice when Nido roasts on me
Yoda2798 for letting me test stuff even if it's weird shit
Lana Del Seldo providin that moral support and letting me test even weirder shit
PS dubs room for dealing with my interesting teams in roomtours

Marowak @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Update: Forgot Quiet nature on sylv and 0 Spe IV's, also updated shoutouts :3

Last edited:
Hi Flame Road, cool looking team especially Marowak which I've only seen a handful of people use. I don't really get the concerns you have with your Kang+Amoonguss match up when Goggles Jelli and Goggles Tran deal with that decently well and how you're having trouble getting Trick Room up a second time when you have 2 extremely bulky setters plus Fake Out support.

The things i'm more worried about is you having no ground resists, a tough rain match up, only 2 mons with Protect, and P2 not really helping the team(you already have a bulky setter and P2 doesn't bring any support other than TR). So first thing I would do is change P2 to a Cresselia with Trick Room, Psyshock/Psychic, Sunny Day, and Skill Swap. This gives you at least one ground immunity, a good check to rain teams, and a TR setter that doesn't just sit around but can support the team(mainly Heatran) with Sun/Skill Swapping Levitate and annoying the opposition with Skill Swap. The rest of my suggestions are "kind of" minor and what I would prefer so take that as you will. I would use Earthquake over Low Kick on Marowak and put either Hammer Arm or Low Kick on Kangaskhan in place of Power-Up Punch. Earthquake on Marowak helps with cores like M-Diancie+Jirachi(you need both Sylveon and Heatran out and TR to be up) and Heatran + Amoonguss(not as much of a problem but can still be annoying). You also have something to EQ next to now :D. For Hammer Arm or Low Kick on Kang it all depends on whether you want to lower your speed to be faster in Trick Room or have a stronger attack for Kyurem-B and Heatran. Ok last thing is Sylveon. I don't really like how you only have 2 mons with Protect so you could try out Pixie Plate with or without Calm Mind or Life Orb. I'm not all that sold on a particular set so you can test the team using each of those and see what you like best.

I think that's it. For Cress if you don't like Skill Swap there are a lot of other options(Lunar Dance, Helping Hand, Morning Sun) but i think Skill Swap is best. Good luck with your team :O

I also noticed none of your mons except Kangaskhan had names so I took the liberty in naming them ~(^.^)~

Batman (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Monopoly Ghost (Jellicent) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Hammer Arm/Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Duck (Heatran) @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Protect

qsns is cute (Sylveon) @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Protect

Duck (Cresselia) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 44 SpA / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Sunny Day
- Skill Swap

O yeah the Cress spread is w/e they had on smogon, it takes 2 Kang Double-Edges and 2 Mega-Gengar Shadow Balls. It didn't mention what the special attack did or other things it lived other than a Mega-Heracross Pin Missile... I wish i could slap whoever actually put that in the analysis but failed to mention other facets of the spread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)