College Decisions: Where are you going?

I've got a transfer to University of Oregon. Still dunno what the hell I'm doing, but wtev.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tufts University for a double major in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, possibly minoring in Italian or Psych or something.

I'm going to the University of Chicago in hopes of successfully completing my Pre-Medicine (specifically Biology.) It's also a great school for Economics, I might look a little into that, or just go ahead with my original plan to get degrees in Psychology & Psychiatry.

I have a buddy who's going to U of Chicago doing pre-med. Not surprisingly he tells me it's like going through hell.

I'm just about finished with my 2nd year at Northwestern, majoring in Econ with a minor in Sociology.

Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London provided I get the grades.
I know a couple of people who got in to do the course. A*AA right? Though, one turned it down to do the equivalent at Cambridge, which is where I'm going too, to read Economics.

I know a couple of people who got in to do the course. A*AA right? Though, one turned it down to do the equivalent at Cambridge, which is where I'm going too, to read Economics.
Yeah, shouldn't be too hard to get that A* since I did well in C3.
Didn't bother applying to Cambridge because I knew I wouldn't get in, looking back I think I made the right decision since I prefer 5 conditional offers over 4 and a rejection, even if it is Cambridge and all ;(

I'll be going to MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) for my academic year. I plan to major in nuclear engineering. Anyone here going there?
Congrats, man, that was my dream school.

I'm going to Auburn University to major in Aerospace Engineering, hopefully I can transfer or do grad studies at MIT.

Whoop to the (environmental) engineers!!!

Sophmore (credits eqv of second semester sophmore) Environmental Engineering Major at Southern Methodist University

Yeah, shouldn't be too hard to get that A* since I did well in C3.
Didn't bother applying to Cambridge because I knew I wouldn't get in, looking back I think I made the right decision since I prefer 5 conditional offers over 4 and a rejection, even if it is Cambridge and all ;(
Chances are that if you got into Imperial, you would have had a chance, probably at the very least an interview. Personally I think it's always better to be rejected than to not try and think what could have been. Though Chem Eng at Imperial is a pretty damn good alternative lol.

Hmm, college decisions. Well, after failing at Aberdeen University a good few years ago, I'm gonna be cracking at a HNC on Information Technology (I think is it, the SQA sorta changed that computing shit around this year) at Banff and Buchan college, Fraserburgh branch.

Of course, this means getting up and to the bus at five to 8 in the morning, which is sorta balls, but them's the breaks. And yes, I doubt anyone's heard of that college.

Chances are that if you got into Imperial, you would have had a chance, probably at the very least an interview. Personally I think it's always better to be rejected than to not try and think what could have been. Though Chem Eng at Imperial is a pretty damn good alternative lol.
Exactly; I was fairly confident I'd make it to the interview stage, but that'd be the end of it. Especially since I wouldn't be given a pure ChemEng series of interviews, but rather Natural Sciences/Engineering as a whole depending on what I chose.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Tulane University yeeeaaaa

Majoring in something like poli sci or something and I should go in as a sophomore if I didn't mess up massively on my AP tests.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
University of Tennessee (Knoxville) for Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, almost went with Biomedical Engineering.

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I'm going to University of Maryland, College Park next year to study mathematics and probably economics.

I'm going to Northeastern for pharmacy (just graduated) but lately I've been thinking of transferring to biological engineering with a minor in econ or computer science. I might transfer to a different school next year, most likely one that focuses more on my subject, like carnegie mellon or princeton (the latter which I most likely won't get in). However, it's extremely difficult to transfer, and I don't want to lose my scholarship in NE for a school that doesn't offer money.

Also, how do I make the transition smooth? And is it worth it to give up pharm for biological engineering? I know the field is growing a lot recently, but I don't know much about it. Is it as safe to find a job in that field as it is in pharm?

Another thing is that I can go to u of michigan or champaign this year and forget about transferring, but it's already past May 1st and I think their positions are already full....

Of course, this means getting up and to the bus at five to 8 in the morning, which is sorta balls, but them's the breaks. And yes, I doubt anyone's heard of that college.
I attended four 8am Advanced Maths lectures a week, commuting 2 hours by train, getting up at 5am to catch them, in first year.

Now, I get up at a leisurely 7am (although my first class is at 11am, I get to uni at 9.30am due to various conveniences in getting a lift to the station).

I'll be attending Tulane University in New Orleans to double major (maybe) in Trombone Performance and Political Science. I may end up doing drama or something with writing or who knows what though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)