Pokémon Copperajah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
it would beg for Boomburst or other strong sound move as a elephant.
Also a roar wouldn't be bad.

Do you think it may get in future a physical steel sound move?(Bell Trunk would fit it)
It would beg for one seeing it.

Is the new G-max entry hazard immune to Rapid spin and Defog?
or lasts it some turns? or till Copperjah fainsts or transforms back?
Or works it only as steel stealth works or spikes? Flying and levitating are immune to it?
Do some abilities protect from the steel entry hazard? magma armor?
are steel types and maybe other types protected from it when entering battle?

with Gravity a nice combo here.

it would beg for Boomburst or other strong sound move as a elephant.
Also a roar wouldn't be bad.

Do you think it may get in future a physical steel sound move?(Bell Trunk would fit it)
It would beg for one seeing it.

Is the new G-max entry hazard immune to Rapid spin and Defog?
or lasts it some turns? or till Copperjah fainsts or transforms back?
Or works it only as steel stealth works or spikes? Flying and levitating are immune to it?
Do some abilities protect from the steel entry hazard? magma armor?
are steel types and maybe other types protected from it when entering battle?

with Gravity a nice combo here.
No it acts the same way as stealth rocks just as a steel type. So it has its mons it's effective against which it does 25% on them, and then ones that resists that do like 6-10%(I can't remember which), then neutral mons which it does the standard 12.

So I’ve been messing around with this thing and I think Heat Crash is a perfectly viable move even on non-Heavy Metal sets!

Both of the problems you’d want it for (Ferrothorn and Corviknight) still weight significantly less than Sheer Force Copperajah, which makes them fall into the highest damage bracket for Heat Crash even without the bump from Heavy Metal. You could take that first set listed in the OP and swap out Stealth Rocks with HC if you’ve got something else to set up rocks on your team already, and HC has the added bonus of absolutely NUKING stuff when Rajah is D/GMaxed, which means you can surprise spinners or defoggers like Excadrill, Ferrothorn, or Corviknight who try and switch in after you set up Steelsurge to take them out of the picture.

I really think it’s gonna have a niche despite its shortcomings! Using it so far has felt like using a slower but more powerful Mamoswine, and I feel like it’s being slept on super hard.

Last edited:
Anybody found any solid enough votes involving this thing? I feel like I've built a pretty solid balanced offense core to deal with a pretty good amount of stuff running around:

879-gi.png

Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Heat Crash

635.png

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

unnamed.jpg

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade

These guys cover each other pretty well and Coppereajah+hydreigon hits like a truck. Copper covers ice and fairy types for Hydra, while he takes care of fire and ground. Corsola is just the super bulky glue that handles all the fighting types that handle the other two. Hydra helps corsola with darks and ghosts, at least the ones that don't outspeed it anyway. Some speed control helps them out a lot to function really well, scarf darm I've had success with, but who hasn't it's ridiculous. They aren't all that weak to hazards which helps.

Anybody found any solid enough votes involving this thing? I feel like I've built a pretty solid balanced offense core to deal with a pretty good amount of stuff running around:
This is a cool core! Though doesn’t item clause prevent both Rajah and Hydreigon from holding Life Orbs? In that case, what would you recommend for ‘Gon? Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, maybe even Choice Specs with NP replaced with another coverage move?

This is a cool core! Though doesn’t item clause prevent both Rajah and Hydreigon from holding Life Orbs? In that case, what would you recommend for ‘Gon? Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, maybe even Choice Specs with NP replaced with another coverage move?
Yeah item clauses aren't a thing in OU man. You could have all life orbs if you really wanted.

Yeah item clauses aren't a thing in OU man. You could have all life orbs if you really wanted.
Oh yeah, I was thinking more for Battle Spot Singles tier or official tournaments! I like to use simulators to test out setups for the real deals, prevents me from having to do hella breeding before I can even try it out in-game :>

View attachment 208453
Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Heat Crash

View attachment 208454
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

View attachment 208455
Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade

These guys cover each other pretty well and Coppereajah+hydreigon hits like a truck. Copper covers ice and fairy types for Hydra, while he takes care of fire and ground. Corsola is just the super bulky glue that handles all the fighting types that handle the other two. Hydra helps corsola with darks and ghosts, at least the ones that don't outspeed it anyway. Some speed control helps them out a lot to function really well, scarf darm I've had success with, but who hasn't it's ridiculous. They aren't all that weak to hazards which helps.
I feel like scarf dracovish and a web setter would love to be on this team.

I feel like even with Sheer Force, Heavy Slam is better than Iron Head.

Sheer Force Iron Head is 104 BP, but Heavy Slam is 120 BP on everything below 130kg (20% of Copperajah's 650kg) or 100 BP if target is between 130kg and 162kg.

Most of the metagame is well below 130kg. Even Ferrothorn weights only 110kg. And most of the Pokémons that are weak to Steel would be even lighter.

So maybe Copperajah doesn't need his Hidden Ability at all, and even with Sheer Force, Heavy Slam could be more powerful than Iron Head in most cases.

What do you think ?

Sheer Force Iron Head is 104 BP, but Heavy Slam is 120 BP on everything below 130kg (20% of Copperajah's 650kg) or 100 BP if target is between 130kg and 162kg.

Most of the metagame is well below 130kg. Even Ferrothorn weights only 110kg. And most of the Pokémons that are weak to Steel would be even lighter.

So maybe Copperajah doesn't need his Hidden Ability at all, and even with Sheer Force, Heavy Slam could be more powerful than Iron Head in most cases.

What do you think ?
The only thing about Heavy Slam is that it fails against Dynamaxed mons, which means unless you Dynamax in return you don’t have a STAB move to use against some of the most dangerous threats in the metagame! It would feel awful having the opponent switch into something weak to Steel to bait out the Heavy Slam only to Dynamax and get a free turn of damage AND boosts/setup just because you wanted a little extra damage on your STAB.

HS is a good choice for defensive Rajah, but I just like the consistency on Iron Head more overall!

What do you think ?
I think outside of the fact that it can't hurt dynamax mons, not taking life orb recoils helps a lot too if you run it. Copperajah appreciates any hp it can keep. Not to say heavy slam is useless, but I have a preference for iron head due to its consistency and lack of drawback.

I think a spread of 120 HP / 88 Att+ / 252 Def / 48 Spe gives it the best of both worlds.
Raja (Copperajah)
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 120 HP / 88 Atk / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip / Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
If you run this set on TR, dumping those 48 Speed EVs into SpDef means that Copperajah can always live LO Modest Clefable's Flamethrower and KO back with Heavy Slam/Iron head.

If you run this set on TR, dumping those 48 Speed EVs into SpDef means that Copperajah can always live LO Modest Clefable's Flamethrower and KO back with Heavy Slam/Iron head.
Full HP Copperajah lives Modest LO Flamethrower from Clefable with no investment whatsoever:
252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Copperajah: 307-361 (79.7 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Matleo

Banned deucer.
I think its a little lame that regular rapid spind and defog can remove it? as a G-move way too easy to remove...
should be in battle and unremovable till G-Copperjah is on the battle field in future.
Interesting if they check if to add a steel entry hazard this way?

I think its a little lame that regular rapid spind and defog can remove it? as a G-move way too easy to remove...
should be in battle and unremovable till G-Copperjah is on the battle field in future.
Interesting if they check if to add a steel entry hazard this way?
That's another reason I run corsola. Spin blocking. Mandy causes problems though. I have a taunt cinderace, but it's not like he threatens Mandy so it's hard to stop it. It's a hazard so it only seems fair to me.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
please stop wishlisting in every single thread you post in
ok what do you think about using it this way.

ability:Sheer Force
item:leftovers
moveset:
Stealth rocks/Fling
Whirlwind/Stealth Rocks
Dig/Substitute
Swagger/Endure/Revenge/Rock Slide

sending it into a alredy cast sandstorm is its best option always if you can. Putting stealth rocks, switching with whirlwind and dig for physical coverage.
Taking its speed a Fling(hits first and hard), Rest(takes double damage and heals if succeds), Sleep Talk(if without using fling, can Outrage imediately and won't get confused) and Outrage is a interesting combo together.
Or a Rest, Sleep Talk set combined with 2 other powerfull moves, Rock Tomb/Scary Face for reducing speed and Zen Headbut/Iron Head(if Gigantamaxed) but it could take longer.

Or try a 3 move sheme if possible Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore, Outrage it will maybe use if Sleep talk allows to activate Rest again in future maybe?
even with reduce healing capacity should be allowed.... Outrage is here risky if meeting up with fairies... but when a Dragapult comes in his way.

I see mainly physical usage if it doesnt get Scald, Boomburst, Uproar and other options.

Using a strategy with Belch with a berry?

It main foes are:
fighting(Play rough but good against dragons in long run, Zen Headbutt is a problem if you meet a dark type),
fire(needs ground move but then flying is a problem, Bulldoze reduces oponents speed but there is also grassy terrrain)
ground(Power Whip its only counter)...

ok what do you think about using it this way.

ability:Sheer Force
item:leftovers
moveset:
Stealth rocks/Fling
Whirlwind/Stealth Rocks
Dig/Substitute
Swagger/Endure/Revenge/Rock Slide

sending it into a alredy cast sandstorm is its best option always if you can. Putting stealth rocks, switching with whirlwind and dig for physical coverage.
Taking its speed a Fling(hits first and hard), Rest(takes double damage and heals if succeds), Sleep Talk(if without using fling, can Outrage imediately and won't get confused) and Outrage is a interesting combo together.
Or a Rest, Sleep Talk set combined with 2 other powerfull moves, Rock Tomb/Scary Face for reducing speed and Zen Headbut/Iron Head(if Gigantamaxed) but it could take longer.

Or try a 3 move sheme if possible Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore, Outrage it will maybe use if Sleep talk allows to activate Rest again in future maybe?
even with reduce healing capacity should be allowed.... Outrage is here risky if meeting up with fairies... but when a Dragapult comes in his way.

I see mainly physical usage if it doesnt get Scald, Boomburst, Uproar and other options.

Using a strategy with Belch with a berry?

It main foes are:
fighting(Play rough but good against dragons in long run, Zen Headbutt is a problem if you meet a dark type),
fire(needs ground move but then flying is a problem, Bulldoze reduces oponents speed but there is also grassy terrrain)
ground(Power Whip its only counter)...
None of what you posted was of any value. Please stop posturing with useless and harmful gameplay strategies unless you can prove that they work with useful calcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)