XY OU Creative voltturn name here (peaked 1880)

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
Hey what's up guys, ox the box here with another RMT. This time I have a voltturn team that i have been pretty successfull with. Sorry about how bad this is going to look, because I don't have much time to work on this.

Scizor
@ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

This is the first pokemon of the team and it gives me powerful, yet slow u-turns. I will typically be able to clean up with his bullet punch. The 48 speed evs are for outspeeding 44 speed rotom-w. Bullet punch and u-turn are pretty standard, while knock off is for removing items or killing latis if I don't want to switch, and superpower is for heatran, ferrothorn, and magnezone.

Manetric
@ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

The second member of the team, mega manetric, I feel is an extremely underrated pokemon. I outspeeds most of the tier including latios, greninja, adamant mega aerodactyl, and modest mega alakazam. The ability for it to get off a fast thunderbolt or volt switch is absolutely amazing. It also helps deal with landos (non scarfed) and ferrothorns.

Gothitelle
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

This thing is such an annoyance. It normally is dead weight against hyper offense, but against stall and bulky offense its amazing. I can bait in a pokemon I don't like such as clefable, skarmory, or heatran, and trap and setup with this mon. It's ability to trap threats to your voltturn core and setup is just absolutely amazing.

Garchomp
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
I decided on garchomp to get up rocks, as it's basically guaranteed rocks with the sash. Rocks are so helpful on voltturn as you're constantly forcing your opponents to switch out to gain optimal situations. This thing is also nice to get some rough skin damage on setup sweepers who will other wise sweep me.

Rotom-W
@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-w is on this team for a slow voltturn and to put a stop to physical threats. It's really nice for spreading burns which can hurt the opposing team even more. I opt for a lefties set with pain split over resto chesto, as I prefer more residual healing, and the occasional pain split healing.

Diggersby
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Holy crap diggersby is amazing. I can sweep late game with frustration/earthquake so easily. Scarf is a really nice bluff early, as I will typically lead with it and get a quick kill. People will usually think this is sash or life orb. Scarf is also really nice as it outspeeds popular pokemon such as greninja, latios, keldeo, and thundurus.
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the OU metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

Azumarill -will go into rotom-w and burn, volt switch on it. gets easily worn down from hazards.
Charizard (Mega-X) - I have to make sure it doesnt get a dd up, if it does it's pretty much gg.
Keldeo - I can outspeed with manec, goth, and diggers, and rotom-w+goth can resist it's stabs.
Landorus - if it manages to get a rock polish up its gg, I just cant let that happen by battering it with attacks.
Thundurus - manec, chomp, and diggers deal with it.

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the OU metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.
A+ Rank

Charizard (Mega-Y) - I'm forced to sack a mon to kill it with manectric.
Clefable - I need to trick it with goth.
Excadrill - Rotom-w beats non-mold breaker, but scarfed mold breaker destroys me.
Ferrothorn - easily worn down
Greninja - outspeed with diggers, manec, and rotom-w can deal with it
Gyarados (Mega) - scizor can live a +1 and ohko, but if it flinches im in trouble.
Heatran - annoying to deal with but I can trap it with goth, and slowly wear it down with other mons/hazards.

Heracross (Mega) - I have to sack a mon to kill it with manectric.
Landorus-T - same with heatran.
Latias - scizor beats non HP fire varients and diggers outspeeds and OHKOS (with rocks up).
Latios - ^^^^^^^
Pinsir (Mega) - mega manec and rotom-w deals with it
Talonflame -
mega manec and rotom-w deals with it
Terrakion - almost everything beats it

Venusaur (Mega) - probably the most annoying mon to face, only real way to beat it is voltturn into goth and trap it.

A Rank

Bisharp - I can't let it get up to +2, otherwise its GG.
Dragonite - Pretty easy to deal with, rotom-w normally takes it

Garchomp - rotom-w deals with it, if dead scarf can be an issue
Gardevoir (Mega) - Scizor can beat it, but gets worn down easily.
Gengar - really annoying but I can normally deal with it with scizor and manec

Gliscor - almost everyinth beats a dif set of it
Mamoswine - rotom-w
Medicham (Mega) - I need to lead with diggers/ manec and take it out with return/thunderbolt.
Mew - forces some of my pokemon to get burnt, I typically have to trap with goth.
Rotom-W - gets slowly worn down
Scizor (Mega) - mega manec and rotom-w deals with it

Slowbro - mega manec and rotom-w deals with it
Tyranitar - diggers, rotom-w can deal with it, and chomp if it still has its sash.

A- Rank

Aerodactyl (Mega) - Haven't faced one, but mega-manec outspeeds adamant
Alakazam (Mega) - I can deal with it through u-turn
Amoonguss - Really annoying, I have to trap with goth
Breloom - I will lead with diggers, u-turn into goth, hope it doesnt get spored and if it does I will go into scizor.
Chansey - mega manec baits in, then volt switches into goth

Diggersby - scarf wrecks me if rotom-w is gone, diggers can speed tie with it though.
Gyarados - mega manec, diggers, and rotom-w
Hippowdon - rotom-w and goth traps it
Kyurem-B - really annoying but I can normally deal with it with scizor.
Manaphy - mega manec
Skarmory - mega manec

heracles (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

modestric (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

trapped (Gothitelle) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

scarfchomp (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

standard pivot (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

hoes on mah bed (Diggersby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Hope you guys enjoy, feel free to test the team and let me know f you have any suggestions for it, thanks!! :D
Edit: I'm thinking of changing goth to 3 attacks trick, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hey there Ox the Box, I'm liking the Volt-turn team you have here, especially when you have Gothitele to get rid of all the bulky things that don't really care about the rest of your team. Now, looking from the threats you identified, a majority of them can be dealt with just having a different scarfer in place of diggersby. I do like scarf Diggersby as just a powerful mon, but for revenging Dragon Dancers that give you trouble, it doesn't do much. Now, a pokemon that provides a similar purpose to your Diggersby, is faster, and can deal with mons like Zard X, Heatran, and even M-Heracross would be Scarf Landorus-Therian.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 Atk / 72 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- U-turn

Let me explain, this specific scarf Landorus outspeeds Adamant Mega-Charizard X by 1 point, and with the scarf this means that it can outspeed +1 MegaZard and kill it, along with any other Dragon Dancer. This might look gimmicky, but Hidden Power Flying with 72 SpA OHKO's Standard Mega-Heracross 50% of the time, and 216 Atk to still hit hard physically. It also fits in with your volt-turn team as another fast threatening U-turn mon.

Other then that, your team is really good, I can see how you got that high up. Hopefully this change helped you out. :]

Thanks to Goth's Shadow Tag, you can actually not run Trick because there's no need to predict a switch. You can run Choice Specs and something like Psychic / HP Ground / Energy Ball / TBolt or other moves you need to trap and decimate those defensive cores. If Goth isn't really pulling it's weight, I suggest replacing it with Kyurem-B. Kyurem B has all the moves to decimate those Bulky pokes and would be and has some really useful resistances and thanks to all the switch advantage that VoltTurn gets, it's quite easy for him to switch in.
Kyurem-B @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 SAtk / 204 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I'd also point out that your team may get worn down by opposing hazards, limiting the number of times you can VoltTurn. I suggest fitting a Defogger / spinner here somewhere. Other than that, a pretty solid team! Good luck on the ladder!

Nice team! But when manetric mega-evolves doesn't he get the ability intimidate instead of lightingrod? (This is just me guessing I could be totally, I'm still new to the whole pokemon competitive battling world)

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
Hey there Ox the Box, I'm liking the Volt-turn team you have here, especially when you have Gothitele to get rid of all the bulky things that don't really care about the rest of your team. Now, looking from the threats you identified, a majority of them can be dealt with just having a different scarfer in place of diggersby. I do like scarf Diggersby as just a powerful mon, but for revenging Dragon Dancers that give you trouble, it doesn't do much. Now, a pokemon that provides a similar purpose to your Diggersby, is faster, and can deal with mons like Zard X, Heatran, and even M-Heracross would be Scarf Landorus-Therian.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 Atk / 72 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- U-turn

Let me explain, this specific scarf Landorus outspeeds Adamant Mega-Charizard X by 1 point, and with the scarf this means that it can outspeed +1 MegaZard and kill it, along with any other Dragon Dancer. This might look gimmicky, but Hidden Power Flying with 72 SpA OHKO's Standard Mega-Heracross 50% of the time, and 216 Atk to still hit hard physically. It also fits in with your volt-turn team as another fast threatening U-turn mon.

Other then that, your team is really good, I can see how you got that high up. Hopefully this change helped you out. :]
Hey I really appreciate the comment, but after some testing lando-t is not worth it on this team, the suprise factor diggers gives me, and the ability to spam frustration late game is just too good, thanks though.

Nice team! But when manetric mega-evolves doesn't he get the ability intimidate instead of lightingrod? (This is just me guessing I could be totally, I'm still new to the whole pokemon competitive battling world)
Yes, when he mega evolves he gets intimidate, super useful for surviviing physical hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)