ORAS Ubers Darkrai/Xerneas Offense

After testing out tons of Ubers teams and going up and down on the ladder, i finally found one that covers a lot of weaknesses and and can dish out a lot of damage. As i went up the ladder with this team i encountered a lot of rage quits and saltiness levels over 9000 when going against Darkrai. The rest of the team is to help clean up or support the main two attackers, Darkrai and Xerneas.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 124 HP / 46 Atk / 86 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Toxic

The Xerneas is a Geomancy set. Max speed EV's and a Hasty nature to get the Geomancy up as quick as possible. Then you continue to sweep with Moonblast. There is very little that wont be 1HKO or 2HKO except Groudon. Even then its a 3HTKO/4HTKO depending on EV's. Toxic is a sort of last resort move and is used when you Xerneas is going down and the long lasting posion will better benefit you than the last Moonblast.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Aromatherapy Blissey is amazing. Blissey is also my Stealth Rock setter. I decided to go for the bulkiest option with Soft Boiled. Late game Blissey's bulk can be annoying to deal with and with access to the move Seismic Toss it can also deal some chip damage. The point of this set is to use Aromatherapy to get rid of Paralysis, or Toxic/burn.

Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I run a life orb Dialga with a lot of great coverage moves. Draco Meteor for the opposing dragons without running the risk of getting destroyed by other dragons because of the steel resistance. Flash Cannon for fairies and Ice Beam for flying types. Dialga is also a good switch in on fairiesbeacuse of the steel resistance on fairies so its neutral damage.

Darkrai @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 160 HP / 164 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Now. This Darkrai set is OP. I've had so many people rage quit against me because of this Darkrai and i understand why. It's annoying af to play against. You use Dark Void and then Calm Mind until you think they're going to wake up and then Dark Pulse spam. Then when then another mon comes in rinse and repeat.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Slam

Salamance is my defogger and it works great. Roost for longevity. Dragon Tail to cycle around chip damage and Body Slam to finish of mons. 248 HP EV's work great to further increase bulk and longevity as a defogger mid to late game is very useful.

Raichu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 60 HP / 100 Def / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Endeavor
- Nuzzle
- Discharge

Raichu is and excellent late game cleaner with its high speed stat and great moves. Quite often when going up against Deoxys Attack i switch into Raichu because Deoxys Attack will not 1HKO my Raichu so sitrus berry will activate leaving up 3/4 HP and then hit with the nuzzle. Now that paralyses and leaves a massive speed drop leaving Raichu to finish off with Discharge.

In conclusion, i feel that this team is a great competitive viability but it does struggle against certain mons such as Primal Groudon with its bulk and Jolly Rayquaza which lets be honest out speeds pretty much everything. Please leave suggestions and tell me how well this team worked out for you if you do decide to try it.

Last edited:
After testing out tons of Ubers teams and going up and down on the ladder, i finally found one that covers a lot of weaknesses and and can dish out a lot of damage. As i went up the ladder with this team i encountered a lot of rage quits and saltiness levels over 9000 when going against Darkrai. The rest of the team is to help clean up or support the main two attackers, Darkrai and Xerneas.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 124 HP / 46 Atk / 86 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Toxic

The Xerneas is a Geomancy set. Max speed EV's and a Hasty nature to get the Geomancy up as quick as possible. Then you continue to sweep with Moonblast. There is very little that wont be 1HKO or 2HKO except Groudon. Even then its a 3HTKO/4HTKO depending on EV's. Toxic is a sort of last resort move and is used when you Xerneas is going down and the long lasting posion will better benefit you than the last Moonblast.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Aromatherapy Blissey is amazing. Blissey is also my Stealth Rock setter. I decided to go for the bulkiest option with Soft Boiled. Late game Blissey's bulk can be annoying to deal with and with access to the move Seismic Toss it can also deal some chip damage. The point of this set is to use Aromatherapy to get rid of Paralysis, or Toxic/burn.

Dialga @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I run a life orb Dialga with a lot of great coverage moves. Draco Meteor for the opposing dragons without running the risk of getting destroyed by other dragons because of the steel resistance. Flash Cannon for fairies and Ice Beam for flying types. Dialga is also a good switch in on fairiesbeacuse of the steel resistance on fairies so its neutral damage.

Darkrai @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 164 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Now. This Darkrai set is OP. I've had so many people rage quit against me because of this Darkrai and i understand why. It's annoying af to play against. You use Dark Void and then Calm Mind until you think they're going to wake up and then Dark Pulse spam. Then when then another mon comes in rinse and repeat.

EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Slam

Salamance is my defogger and it works great. Roost for longevity. Dragon Tail to cycle around chip damage and Body Slam to finish of mons. 248 HP EV's work great to further increase bulk and longevity as a defogger mid to late game is very useful.

Raichu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 60 HP / 100 Def / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Endeavor
- Nuzzle
- Discharge

Raichu is and excellent late game cleaner with its high speed stat and great moves. Quite often when going up against Deoxys Attack i switch into Raichu because Deoxys Attack will not 1HKO my Raichu so sitrus berry will activate leaving up 3/4 HP and then hit with the nuzzle. Now that paralyses and leaves a massive speed drop leaving Raichu to finish off with Discharge.

In conclusion, i feel that this team is a great competitive viability but it does struggle against certain mons such as Primal Groudon with its bulk and Jolly Rayquaza which lets be honest out speeds pretty much everything. Please leave suggestions and tell me how well this team worked out for you if you do decide to try it.
team worked out for you if you do decide to try it.[/quote]

Hi dude, I'll be blunt, this team is pretty meh, mainly because it looks like the EVs are random. I'll start from the beginning.

The Xerneas set is kinda bad because the EVs are random it seems (46 Attack EVs lol). You also don't really need 252 speed EVs because after a certain point, you outspeed everything after a geo boost anyway. Going standard Geo Xern is best here tbh.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder / Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ground

44 Speed EVs to outspeed scarf Genesect after Geo. 28 Def EVs to give Gensect a SpAtk boost instead of Atk. Max SpAtk for hitting hard enough to be useful. Rest in HP. Geomancy and Moonblast mandatory. Thunder can be used to hit Ho-Oh hard after a boost, but Aromatherapy can be used as a small cleric role. Focus Blast hits stuff like P-Don and anything that resists Moonblast hard, but Hidden Power Ground hit's some other threats, but it's team dependant.

Blissey itself is alright but you need to change the set.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Max Def and HP maximizes it's bulk and usefulness. Stealth Rocks because it's mandatory. Everything else is self explantory.

Deciding to replace Blissey with Arceus-Water. It can act as a better physical wall due to it's resistances to potent Mons in Ubers, mainly name P-Don. Also gives you Defog support because Salamence doesn't use it nearly as well.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Defog

56 Speed EVs lets you outspeed Adamant Rayquayza, and everything else is thrown in HP and Def for maximun bulk to sponge up hits. Recover is for longevity. Ice Beam over Judgement because you can't hit P-Don in Desolate Land, and it catches some mons like M-Mence and Rayquayza as well. Toxic to wear down walls that will otherwise wall you.

Dialga ----> Primal Groudon

Primal Groudon is basically mandatory on every successful ubers team. It would perform the same role better than Dialga as well, because it can switch into Xern and take a +2 Moonblast and not die. You can mess around with sets but I recommend Double Dance P-Don for a lot of offensive pressure.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 Se
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch

or

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

You can choose which P-Don set you'd like to use. The First set maximizes offensive pressure while the second set is offensive Stealth Rocks, whcih most teams need as well.

The Darkrai set is just bad. Standard Darkrai is the only Darkrai you should use.

Darkrai @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Standard DV Darkrai. Sludge Bomb instead of Thunder because you auto lose to Xern otherwise.

Mega Salamence is an amazing Mega tbh. Bulky Mence is the best set imo because of the pressure it puts out and the longevity it can have.

Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Refresh

68 Speed EVs let's you outspeed Deoxys-A after after one DDance. The rest is thrown into HP/Def for bulk. Roost and Refresh are for extended longevity against threats that can't cripple or OHKO. Return is my prefered STAB attack, but you can use Double Edge to net some OHKO's at the cost of a bit of HP each use.

Raichu ----> Doexys-A.

Raichu isn't good in Ubers, and there are so much better late game sweepers at your disposal. Here I'm recommending Deoxys-A. It hits like a nuke and its a great speed tier.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

This is one of the arguably best late game sweepers in the tier. Psycho Boost ends lives, and extreme speed is great for revenge killing a weakened mon.

Hope this helps out your team!

Normally when I come across these kind of teams, I just face palm, remove the image from my brain, and move on.
But since someone actually took the time to write up a rate for this, I was kind of left mind boggled.
It might be far from perfect, but most people I know would avoid rating a team like this after seeing the first couple of lines.
So in the act of actually trying to be helpful for once, I decided to give the team a rate of my own.
If I came across as an asshole, I blame Gordon Ramsey, who's yelling from the tv in the living room 2 days a week.
Now, without further half-intentional bashing, and me not knowing when to shut it, let's get into the actual rate.

Since your rmt name literally contains the words "Darkrai", and "Xerneas", I figured I'd keep the core, while letting it stay an offensive team, as you intended it to be.
Also since I don't exactly know what to quote, I won't be doing any of that in this rate.

Xerneas
The xerneas set you had there was quite unusual, as the ev spread just made no sense at all... but that's all in the past.
Having no Darkrai switch-in while having a Xerneas on your team is just sub-optimal teambuilding.
Since you wanted Xerneas to be an offensive powerhouse, I let it be just that.
Only now, with the classic Rest Talk set it is able to improve the matchup vs Darkrai.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Darkrai
Next up is Darkrai. I don't know what kind of abomination you made of it or how you did it, but let's fix it. A standard offensive Darkrai set, and truthfully, the only good set.
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder

Primal Groudon
I went with Primal Groudon -> Blissey, as Blissey doesn't belong on any form of offense.
This while Primal Groudon has defined the ORAS metagame, and now is pretty much a neccesity on every ORAS Ubers build.
Since you had no Stealth Rocker, and nothing to check Xerneas, you were team was in a dire state.
Luckily, Primal Groudon is able to fulfill both roles.
Speed creep is a thing, especially on these monsters, so I took the spread from my latest RMT.
If you want more information on the spread's exact purposes, you can find them here.
Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 108 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Arceus-Normal
Arceus-Normal -> Dialga was my 4th change.
Your Dialga set, again, was ridiculous, but I'll stop mentioning that.
Arceus-Normal, or Ekiller as it is commonly referred to brings some much needed priority to the table.
The variant I went with has more bulk instead of speed, making it capable of taking hits, and recovering from them with Recover.
Lum Berry gives you a back-up for dealing with Darkrai, in-case you get unlucky with sleep rolls/and or it is the nowadays rare Sludge Bomb Darkrai.
The berry also means a free turn vs anything that tries to status it.
Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

Mega Salamence
Since the team could use some more physically offensive presence, as well as a ground immunity/Ho-oh check, Mega Salamence didn't have to go anywhere.
I did tweak with the set and spread a bit though.
176 is the benchmark speed that Mega Salamence needs to hit.
Facade is there to abuse status, in fact, Mega Salamence even likes to get burned, as it usually gives a free turn and a Facade twice as powerful.
The rest of it is standard.
Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge
- Facade

Giratina-O
I went with Giratino-O -> Raichu... because it's a Raichu.
It has no place in Ubers, or OU, UU, or RU for that matter.
Apart from Mega Salamence, you still didn't have a solid answer against Arceus-Normal.
Ways to deal with Deoxys-Attack and Primal Groudon also never hurt.
Defog is there to keep hazards under control, as any form of Spikes can be quite Punishing.
I felt like the physical set was more useful;
Shadow Sneak deals with pokemon like Deoxys-Attack and Mega Gengar.
Dragon Tail makes sure Arceus-Normal, and other pokemon won't be able to set-up on it.
Shadow Force is just its a powerful stab move, capable of breaking through Protect.
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

So there you have it.
For anyone who would like to use, or try this team out I will include the entire time below.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 108 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge
- Facade

Good luck with your team.

Last edited:
Normally when I come across these kind of teams, I just face palm, remove the image from my brain, and move on.
But since someone actually took the time to write up a rate for this, I was kind of left mind boggled.
It might be far from perfect, but most people I know would avoid rating a team like this after seeing the first couple of lines.
I was bored and wanted to try and help :s

It might've come out wrong, but I was trying to show appreciation for people like you, who leave rates for clearly clueless players who would've probably not gotten a rate otherwise.
Ahhh, I just figured to help because I had time and we all start somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)