ORAS OU DD Mega Latios

Introduction

My friend asked me to do an OU live with him and asked me to build a team. I thought about a mega I have not used used yet, Mega Latios. Why use mega latios when normal latios with life orb hits harder. Dragon Dance. I knew pursuit trappers would be a problem, so I though about luring in pursuit trappers
Thats where focus sash alakzam comes in. Without chip damage, can basically OHKO or 2HKO the main pursuit trappers with Focus blast and shadow ball respectively. Speed ties with other lati@s are a problem so I ran my own pursuit trapper in tyranitar. Excadrill is used to abuse the sand, and tangrowth and heatran to switch into moves.

Introduction

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Here is what I built my team around. Max attack max speed jolly so that i get more outspeeds and hit as hard as possible with it. Dragon Dance is the only thing that gives real value to mega latios. Dragon claw and zen headbutt are our stabs, and EQ so that we are not walled by steels such as heatran.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

Here is the pursuit lure. Focus sash just to be able to take the pursuit. Max sp.atk and max speed for obvious reasons. Focus Blast to take out the puruit trappers. dazzling gleam is for Mega saybleye and thunder wave is to prevent sweeps from set up pokemon.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

This is of course the standard CB tyranitar set and i like it best. Max attack adamant to destroy lati@s with crunch and pursuit OKHO latios after rocks. Superpower to destroy steel types and stone edge as another powerful stab.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

A pokemon to abuse the sand doesn't hurt and this is why i picked excadrill next. Life orb Adamant because in the sand im out speeding everything anyway. This also allows me to 2HKO zapdos. Earthquake and Iron head for stab, Rock slide over sword dance because Excadrill doesn't really have good oppertunities to set up. Rapid spin as hazard support, incase im facing spike stackers.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Tangrowth recently rose to Ou, and for good reason. This is such a fat pokemon. This was before a Landourus but I didn't like another water weakness so i swapped this in. Basically a standard set, I really like sleep power to support the team and allow latios to set up a dragon dance.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Sp.def Heatran was the glue this team was missing. I needed rocks and a fire immunity is nice. A much better fairy check than just excadrill. I also needed something to take special hits too. Toxic to stall out over pokemon and lava plume for a good chance of burn.

Conclusion

Thats the team. I have not come up against stall surprisingly, but i imagine i will have trouble with it. I don't know what else i would have problems with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)