Pokémon Decidueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
What`s the 40Def EV on the OP for? Trying to find what it survives by doing that instead of going all on SpDef but I can`t find any posts on that.

Clef doesnt have a bad defensive typing lol and also has an amazing ability that compliments it well i dont see how the two are at all comparable...but we can just talk about the mon itself without arguing about how good it is or isnt cuz clearly we dont agree and we will leave it at that fren :]
This thing had a pretty decent defensive typing that allows it to come in on a lot of different threats pretty freely. Whenever Keldeo decides to rears it's colorful head around again it will be shut out pretty hard by this thing, hp or icy wind wont cut it on pretty much all of it's bulky variants. Also being able to force something to stay in is huuuuge. Heatran is already a very common answer to decidueye and one of the biggest reasons I pair decidueye with dugtrio, because decidueye can set up a free meal for it essentially. If you know a heatran is about to come in you can either uturn out on the switch and bring in yer duggy, or shackle it and switch/uturn to ensure it stays. Either way you are setting up an opportunity for duggy to effectively do it's job rather easily. I really don't think people are going understand the utility this thing has until they have either seen it used properly or just use it themselves. He sets up a lot of great opportunities for other mons.

What`s the 40Def EV on the OP for? Trying to find what it survives by doing that instead of going all on SpDef but I can`t find any posts on that.
I had them to minimize chances of Starmie Psyshock 2HKOing, but I had Decidueye's defense stat as 77 instead of 75 accidentally at that time. Thanks for checking me on that, full SpDef is probably optimal, as it does take Starmie Ice Beams better as well as HP Fire from Serperior.

How about a Curse set? It learns it through egg move somehow. Spirit Shackle + Curse might be a funny set to pull. This set kills faster that Toxic, but beware about Normal and Ghosts types being able to check it (still Ghosts must be wary when switching into a Spirit Shackle).

Well, here goes nothing, I hope you like it:

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Long Reach / Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 262 SpD (or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD)
Impish / Careful Nature

- Spirit Shackle
- Curse
- Roost
- Protect / Leaf Blade

Last edited:
How about a Curse set? It learns it through egg move somehow. Spirit Shackle + Curse might be a funny set to pull. This set kills faster that Toxic, but beware about Normal and Ghosts types being able to check it (still Ghosts must be wary when switching into a Spirit Shackle).

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Impish / Careful Nature

- Spirit Shackle
- Curse
- Roost
- Protect / Leaf Blade
It's been mentioned before. Cool on paper, but against opponents that know what they're doing, it falls against most non-Stall teams.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Impish / Careful Nature

- Spirit Shackle
- Curse
- Roost
- Protect / Leaf Blade
Use those last 4 EV on Speed to outspeed and OHKO other Decidueye.

And I have been using Decidium Z over Lefties to avoid being OHKOed by common Knock Off users, as Z Crystals are immune to being Knocked Off.

Use those last 4 EV on Speed to outspeed and OHKO other Decidueye.

And I have been using Decidium Z over Lefties to avoid being OHKOed by common Knock Off users, as Z Crystals are immune to being Knocked Off.
On a general set, 4 speed would be decent and Decidium might be useful. This is a curse set, though. So speed investment is pointless and leftovers provide some longevity. Leftovers will help to take extra hits of any kind rather than just knock off.

So this may be a silly observation, but Spirit Shackle and U-Turn provides unresisted coverage, right?

Outside of MegaBunny and Pyroar I suppose.

theres Pidgeot , Wiggglytuff , Staraptor and Dodrio as well...idk how relevant these pokemon will be in whatever tier it ends up in though

theres Pidgeot , Wiggglytuff , Staraptor and Dodrio as well...idk how relevant these pokemon will be in whatever tier it ends up in though
It'll probably end up in UU somewhere tbh, but it is good enough to be used in OU with support imo. I'm finally getting really comfortable with him and no matter what set I run as long I don't try to do too much with him he does his job really well.

hey guys, i saw this set on some youtube video. its completely different from what seems to be defining him in the discussion here. the quality that peaked my interest was the speed boost gained from Z-sunny day...

decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
hidden power fire

ik theory is one thing. im probably not as good a player as you guys, so i was curious as to your thoughts.

hey guys, i saw this set on some youtube video. its completely different from what seems to be defining him in the discussion here. the quality that peaked my interest was the speed boost gained from Z-sunny day...

decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
hidden power fire

ik theory is one thing. im probably not as good a player as you guys, so i was curious as to your thoughts.
Doesn't hidden power only function as breakneck blitz? (I.e. normal type z-move?)

decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
hidden power fire

It's an interesting strategy, but I can't help but wonder if there are better users than Decidueye for the Z-Sunny Day strat. The Ghost STAB is something, but... otherwise.. not sure. It's also worth noting that you only get the 5 turns of sun without a Heat Rock or something.

Maybe this would be okay on something like Solar Power Tropius...? IDK

Hidden power's Z move will always be normal, regardless of IV's

that would be seriously bonkers if Decidueye could just pop off an Inferno Overdrive

decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
hidden power fire

100 Special Attack isn't to work with for a sweeper, especially without an item slot. If you want Solar Beam spam, it'd probably be better to user Roserade. She also learns Weather Ball, which I believe gets its power doubled in sunlight alongside the normal fire-type boost.

But if you really wanted to take advantage of Z-Sunny Day, it'd probably be best to use a powerful fire-type who uses Solar Beam just for coverage, because sun boosted Fire Blasts can get ridiculous. Heatran and Chandelure sound like they could be neat, although now that I think about it I can't think of a lot of reasons they'd be significantly better than a MegaZardY with Flame Charge.
Maybe this would be okay on something like Solar Power Tropius...? IDK
Unfortunately Tropius only has 51 base speed. I'm too lazy to do the math or whatever, but I don't think that's enough to deal with some offensive pokemon even at +1 speed. Otherwise, it'd be a really cool idea.

decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
hidden power fire

Yah I also saw a similar strategy, but the player replace HP fire with nasty plot. as what was mentioned, 100 spA is not enough to sweep, and u definitely need the nasty plot SpA boost and speed boost from Z-sunny day. but these means that u need 2 turns to set up, which won't be that easy. still a pretty fun, unexpected set though

Hi Jaguar360,

Great job on the set, I was having a hard time coming up with something for Decidueye lol. That said, there's a small error here i.e. the defensive set has 262 EVs in Sp. Def ^^

decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
hidden power fire

the replay for the sunny day set.but moveset is like
decidueye@ firium z
sunny day
solar beam
shadow ball
nasty plot

pretty creative, but tough to get the opportunity for it to work though.

making decidueye a sun sweeper is pushing it imo. I mean I guess it works, but honestly I'd rather run A Chlorophyll Sweeper like Lilligant.

Im talking about it competitively...its lore is irrelevant to me Im not complaining merely stating.
It was just a general statement for the many people who were surprised about its speed stat. I wasn't referring to anyone in specific or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)