Deoxys-D

breh

強いだね
"oh, it's a Psychic type. It MUST suck."

That's probably why you never see it.
He can be tough to kill, so I'm surprised he's not used more...oh wait...people automatically think Psychic types suck.
Base 70 attack a good pokemon does not make.

For fuck's sake, this is effectively Castform's attack we're talking about here... Basically the problem is that deoxys can't hit back. Sure it can phaze and stall and whatever it wants but it simply has trouble doing damage.

In any case, by your logic, Reuniclus and Mewtwo and Mew must suck terribly.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
True, Deo-D's main problem is its offense. Since it doesn't have Roar or Whirlwind, it can't do much to prevent faster offensive Pokemon from boosting up, unless it happens to be carrying the appropriate coverage move.

His awesome stalling set, while awesome, causes a considerable amount of support to pull off. Maybe he'll be bannable material when we get a UU.

Base 70 attack a good pokemon does not make.

For fuck's sake, this is effectively Castform's attack we're talking about here... Basically the problem is that deoxys can't hit back. Sure it can phaze and stall and whatever it wants but it simply has trouble doing damage.

....night shade, if chansey can get by with just seismic toss,then so can deoxys.

And if I recall correctly, alot of peoples ignored mr.jellys stats, loomed at the typing and declared it (does it have a gender?) UU. Then they saw what he could do to stall, then voted him uber (lol!).

Ya, this can be a great stalling poke.
While it has Cosmic Power and recover, it can have ice beam, and possibly another set up move or just seismic toss/toxic.
I was completely destroyed by a totally set up Deo-D a few days back, and since it was paralyzed from earlier in the match, i was unable to barely touch it.
Also, Pressure sure as hell gets the job done when walling an opponent.

Not my logic.
Either you misunderstood or I wrote it poorly.(Probably the latter :/)

I never judge a pokemon by just its typing, otherwise I wouldn't have used Reuniclus myself even before it became popular.

breh

強いだね
....night shade, if chansey can get by with just seismic toss,then so can deoxys.

And if I recall correctly, alot of peoples ignored mr.jellys stats, loomed at the typing and declared it (does it have a gender?) UU. Then they saw what he could do to stall, then voted him uber (lol!).
Night Shade is admittedly pretty cool. It's just that Deo-d starts to run out of moveslots after a few are gone...

The most economical set would seem to be something like Cosmic Power/Rest/Night Shade/Recycle with a Red Card, I think.

Also, when I saw Reinclus, I didn't exaaaactly think "bulky sweeper"; I thought TR GOD (which led to me running TR as my first PO 5th gen team)

This guy on youtube is amazing at making movesets. He made a deoxys D with recycle and red card. That is insanely cool.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Recycle + Red Card is not a new set. I saw it in C&C somewhere and used it myself and its not half bad. Basically I ran Spikes/Recover/Recycle/Ice Beam with Red Card and it worked really well getting up layers really fast.

Taunt Knock off is the way to go guys. Except when you are hit by SE, you can practicaly fuck every item dependent wall and rape nattrei everyday with deo-D.

Hes so underatted its not funny

Mega bumping this topic, its been over a year. But seeing as how Deoxys-d is going to become OU (strong possibility) there is a good reason to welcome him with some discussion.

What I like about Deoxys-d is that if you want a spiker on your team it doesn't ass an automatic fire weakness. The most common spikers; ferrothorn, forretress, skarmory, and even Roserade all added fire weaknesses that would get in the way of team builing. The only way was to use cloyster, but he has mich better things to do with sheel smash.

He makes a ptretty good fit on a stall team since he is one of the few walls that can beat him one vs one. The only problem is that he a bit susceptible to status, but with taunt that is decently fast and a cleric, he is pretty hard to take down. He also acts as a decent backup counter to specs latios since he isn't destroyed by psyshcock unlikes blissey.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one who finds that the fast Deoxys-D does the spiking job even better than Deoxys-S? (Not that Deoxys-D is as good a screener or attacker)

Maybe it's because I'm a damn jerk and I put a Quick Claw (yes, it's legal, to people who think it isn't) on my Deoxys-D, but even when it doesn't activate, I find Deoxys-D laying down Stealth Rock and Spikes very easily, and he's not easy to OHKO without a Choiced move. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because the opponent's leads don't tend to be as fast as they used to, but I find that he's always able to get Stealth Rock + 1 layer of Spikes down, at least.

The only problem I see with Deoxys-D is that he's rather offenseless, and can't really do much to the opposing spinners, although I suppose you could argue for putting STAB Psyshock on for Tentacruel. But when it comes to spiking, I find him to be #1 in OU right now, especially the 252 HP/252 Spe Timid spread for HO players like me.

Full hp full speed are pretty solid on Deo-D
Ive been trying a support set way back then, and its working pretty well
the biggest problem for Deo-D IMO is faster sub user, such as rare case of Terrakion using Sub

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think deoxys-D is truly amazing and I'm surprised how many people haven't tried utilizing it yet. at max hp/speed, it outspeeds any bulky set up sweeper and taunts them, proceeding to get a minimum of two layers of hazards out. Deoxys-D + gengar is a nightmare for stall teams and softens up offensive teams so that your own team can more easily finish them off.

Anyone tried the PP stall set successfully yet? Agility / Taunt / Cosmic Power / Recover with hazard support and Pressure is no joke.

Anyone tried the PP stall set successfully yet? Agility / Taunt / Cosmic Power / Recover with hazard support and Pressure is no joke.
they're taking damage on every switch.

On another note I've used deo-d to great sucsess in ou, with a mamoswine to force flying type switches and rack up spike damage. My only problem as of now are the latis setting up cm's on me.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah the Agility/Taunt/Recover/Sub set has a lot of potential if used right. T-Spikes are a must though, since they help your job a lot, so Rapid Spinners should be eliminated first since they can freely spin against you.

Common OU spinners = Tentacruel, Starmie, Donphan, Forretress, Hitmontop (sorta).

I guess CB Tyranitar could work, beats Tenta and Starmie 1v1 and the others can be lured in and potentially 2HKO'd. Rotom-W + Spikes could work pretty well too at racking up passive damage. Any other suggestions?

He works great on stall teams, being able to screw over reuniclus with taunt. Additionally, being able to take a few hits from terrakion is always a nice thing to have. With appropriate speed investment he can stop quite a few of the slower setup sweepers this way too, taunt then night shade/s-toss them to death. He can function as a wallbreaker this way although that particular task is better performed by others. His bulk and versatility make him a very underrated poke. That hp stat is a let down though but i guess he can't have everything.

I did not find it too much versatile really.

It has tons of options due to its huge movepool, but a lot of them are useless.

It is like the Blissey's case.

About the poke, It would be curious trying Knock Off on this poke.

Pressure is a good ability in this poke, specially when it has Recover.

I have used Deoxys S in an offensive Spike Stacking team and it worked wonders for me, Taunt lets it shut down other pokemon that rely on Taunt, Status etc. and with it's superb bulk it could 9 out 10 times get me 2-3 layers of spikes.
Offensively it's not the best but if you use him to his strengths which is to support your team and take hits you really cannot go wrong in my opinion

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Offensively I don't think Deoxys-D has been truely explored. I see the odd Ice Beam or Fire Gem set, but not as far as Trick Choice Scarf as of yet. The latter is something I have been testing for a couple of months on a casual alt. of mine. You cripple so many Pokemon who think they can Substitute in your face; lock their Starmie/Forretress/Donphan into using just one move; and generally because Deo-D's defences are one of Standard OUs' most impressive, you have the freedom to choose your target and survive most attacks in the game, without setting up Stealth Rock at the same time.

Deoxys-D @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Trick
- Taunt

I used to run 260 Speed and balanced its defences out equally with maximum HP to finish. We all know the foundations of what it takes to be "TrickScarfer", but Deoxys-D has the stats to abuse a similar version to how an old Smeargle set was used in Generation 4 (minus Spore).

Offensively I don't think Deoxys-D has been truely explored. I see the odd Ice Beam or Fire Gem set, but not as far as Trick Choice Scarf as of yet. The latter is something I have been testing for a couple of months on a casual alt. of mine. You cripple so many Pokemon who think they can Substitute in your face; lock their Starmie/Forretress/Donphan into using just one move; and generally because Deo-D's defences are one of Standard OUs' most impressive, you have the freedom to choose your target and survive most attacks in the game, without setting up Stealth Rock at the same time.

Deoxys-D @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Trick
- Taunt

I used to run 260 Speed and balanced its defences out equally with maximum HP to finish. We all know the foundations of what it takes to be "TrickScarfer", but Deoxys-D has the stats to abuse a similar version to how an old Smeargle set was used in Generation 4 (minus Spore).
That set seems so fun to use.
I'll try it out on my Hyper Offensive team later today.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad Deoxys-D is finally seeing use. I remember back when Deo-S was about to be banned, I predicted Deo-D would fill that void, and there were some people that said no and ultimately got Deo-S banned. -,- Well, let's look at the metagame now. ;)

I think Deoxys-D has the potential to surpass Deoxys-S and possibly get into Ubers. He makes getting Spikes on the field so easy it's ridiculous. I can't wait until someone makes an all out offensive team with that offensive set and see everyone screaming Uber! I'm going to kick back and just watch. :D

I was just wondering. What EV spread do you guys think will be the most efficient for the OU metagame in terms of surviving specific attacks long enough to maximize hazard output? I can see something like this going for it considering its bulk is nothing short of fantastic. I was just wondering.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Major bump to this thread, but deoxys-d is really starting to get very popular. Forget any notions of using it as a wall, this thing is the best hazards layer in the game. The fact is, on hyper offense it is viewed as acceptable to sacrifice one pokemon for stealth rock, and deoxys can do that no problem. Then, with amazing defenses, it can proceed to set up even MORE hazards. Things that can straight up OHKO it are not fast enough to prevent it from getting up at least one layer, if not stealth rock and spikes. It also has the speed to set up taunt and paralyze any more threats to it. If you don't lead with something that immediately shuts it down (which is a very small pool), then they are almost guaranteed hazards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)