ORAS OU Did someone say OU?

Hey guys, Biskit back here with another rmt. After watching this video by emvee, I decided that I would delve through the lower tiers to bring up a threat. What we have here is an electivire team, pretty cash, if I do say so myself. In the testing I did recently with it I went about 8-2 so a great record. Let's dive right in

TEAM OVERVIEW
-------------------------------------------------------

Electivire has a good surprise factor, and along with scizor are great clean up mons. Tankchomp is just too good to not use it, and healing wish support is nice on hyper offense.
DETAILS

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake​

Running all three elemental punches + Earthquake to give great coverage. TPunch is his best physical electric move (I don't like the recoil on wild charge). Fire punch is for ferrothorn and scizor, Ice punch for garchomp and lando. Earthquake is for heatran, and hits ttar and other pretty hard. Expert belt is to bluff the scarf and just hit harder without the recoil of LO. Bring this in on a mega-mane's tbolt and it can often times be game.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower​

Standard banded azu, hits like a truck, needed to prevent myself from getting swept by zard-x. One of the best water types and fairies in the meta, banded azu gives me both needed priority and just damage output to break things like hippo. EV's are to outspeed standard BD azu by one point. Set should be self explanatory.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish
Latias is my best switchin to keldeo and raikou, and gives me defog and healing wish support. Chose it over latios for its extra bulk + access to healing wish. Also the only ground immunity on the team (RIP scarf excadrill).

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
Fast heatran outspeeds, mega scizor, bisharp, tankchomp, etc. Leftovers are to increase longevity and because I don't want to instantly die. I might go for magma storm over fire blast, but I don't want a repeat of focus blast (somehow manage to hit 0/8). Earth power is for opposing heatran, my best move to hit keldeo as well. Flash cannon is STAB and for fairies like gardevoir. Taunt is to prevent set-ups or defogs from slower mons.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
THE best stealth rocker rn imho. Tankchomp gives me a needed switch in to most physical attackers. Ya de ya de ya. Really nothing to be explained here as its a perfectly standard set.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
Bulky scizor eases the pressure from both garchomp and heatran by switching in on weaker physical or special hits. At the same time SD gives me offensive pressure + the potential to clean up late game. Simply running priority STAB + knock off for heatran and what not. Max hp, enough spDef for things like mega diancie hp fire. Latios Draco + hp fire, clef flamethrower, with impish nature to not get 2HKO'd by mega lopunny and just its a nice number.

Threatlist:
Mega Medicham - RIP switchins
Zard X - Keep garchomp and azu healthy and pray he isn't WoW or doesn't have EQ
Diancie - We meet again scizor.
More to be added?

Hey Biskit, your build is very solid. Latias + Garchomp + Azumarill is a nice offense + defensive core to check a lot of the common threats in the meta, especially with Scizor in the back to check Azumarill and Heatran to check Serperior. I only have a few suggestions since your build is pretty solid, mainly being tweaking to your sets to help your function a bit better.

Electrivire is completely outclassed by Kyurem-Black as a wallbreaker since it not only has better bulk and more switch-in opportunities, but it also hits harder and has the same exact coverage as the set you're running. So, you should run Kyurem-Black > Electrivire. This also acts as a soft check to M-Manectric and Analytic Starmie which can both annoy your team quite a bit once Latias starts taking too much damage, and makes better use of your EVire's coverage due to Teravolt allowing it to hit through M-Venusaur's Thick Fat and Rotom-W's Levitate with Ice Beam and Earth Power respectively.

Next, since your team struggles a lot with stall, you should run Magma Storm > Fire Blast, and Toxic > Flash Cannon on Heatran. This set allows it to trap and beat Chansey 1v1, and acts as a better Volcarona and Talonflame check with the addition of Toxic. By being able to remove Chansey, Kyurem-B generally has a great matchup against stall builds, especially with Healing Wish support. You should also run a spread of 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe on Latias to be able to avoid a 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus' HP Ice, as well as consider Thunderbolt > Psyshock since this allows you to hit SpDef Talonflame and Skarmory to support M-Scizor, as well as prevent Slowbro, Manaphy, and Suicune from using Calm Mind on you, while still being able to hit Keldeo, Manaphy, and Tornadus-T, and be more of a reliable revenge killer for Belly Drum Azumarill.

Lastly, you should run Bug Bite or U-Turn > Knock Off on M-Scizor. Dual STAB on M-Scizor is much better than Knock Off since Aegislash is no longer in the tier, you're not beating Heatran with Knock Off since you're not running any speed, and you beat Skarmory 1v1 anyway without needing to use Knock Off. U-Turn is nice for being able to pivot into your wallbreakers like Kyurem-Black or Azumarill on Skarmory or Heatran switch-ins respectively, as well as out of Magnezone switch-ins, while also being able to be used as a win condition late game with Swords Dance. Bug Bite is good for closing out a game more safely against stuff like Ferrothorn without having to resort to going for U-Turn and losing your boosts.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Roost
- Earth Power

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn / Bug Bite
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Hope i was able to help!

What do you actually do when they drop Sand Rush or Scarf'd Excarill variants? At a glance he gives your team a helluva time, and while Garchomp can migitate that, you might as well upgrade to Lando-T. Keeps the x4 Ice, picks up a x0 Ground. Still offers Rocky Helmet, but upgrades you to the (arguably) better Intimidate, while offering u-turn pivoting to ease on the amount of predicting you actually have to do. Regardless, in either scenario you're pretty reliant on keeping 1 pokemon healthy to wall an entire potential sweep. You may addtionally consider Air Balloon on Heatran, to be additionally sure that you can pressure/eliminate opposing driller threats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)