Ditto

Why would you trick a CScarf onto an enemy? I mean, if youre running a ditto revenge killer, and you see your enemy has trick on their toon... your whole goal is to outspeed them... not pass them the thing that lets you outspeed them.

You would essentially just cripple the whole point of running ditto.

Good job, just now understanding what the entire thread is about.

Seriously though, welcome to the ditto party.

Don't be limited to just revenge killing ghosts and what not. Ditto can do whatever the enemy can, so you can utilize enemy supporting roles they try to pull off.
I can think of one of those situations. When Ditto is up against a sleep lead, it can use the copied Pokemon's sleep move to put the opponent to sleep, then switch out.

I can think of one of those situations. When Ditto is up against a sleep lead, it can use the copied Pokemon's sleep move to put the opponent to sleep, then switch out.

Lol. You really haven't read much of any of the thread. But thats fine, it IS 450 posts long. It's hard to expect anybody to read that much.

Another topic that has been brought up repeatedly that Ditto takes care of... You can also taunt the opponents supporters, such as mischievous heart user. Erefuuns are stopped pretty quick apparently.

Lol. You really haven't read much of any of the thread. But thats fine, it IS 450 posts long. It's hard to expect anybody to read that much.

Another topic that has been brought up repeatedly that Ditto takes care of... You can also taunt the opponents supporters, such as mischievous heart user. Erefuuns are stopped pretty quick apparently.
I've been here for a few days, so yeah.

Since I can't be bothered to go back into the thread, are there any other possibilities that Ditto can take advantage of its new ability?

I've been here for a few days, so yeah.

Since I can't be bothered to go back into the thread, are there any other possibilities that Ditto can take advantage of its new ability?

The biggest advantage ditto has over an enemy is preventing them from setting up heavily with stat boosting moves.

If an opposing player sits there and dragon dances 3 times with his salamence (not that they would), as soon as they kill your mon, you send ditto in for revenge killing. He gains all the stat ups that your enemy just set up for himself. So you basically let him do all the work as you sweep his entire team with his pokemon.

That is basically the entire jist. He revenge kills, can work as a supporter/anti supporter, and takes advantage of stat up users.

and since most of the generation 4 sweepers were stat uppers dittos got it made :) so basically Ditto is now amazing...he is now a jack of all trades and a master of all...seeing that he can do whatever any other pokemon can do. Whenever I think of the new ditto i think of this song:

"ANYTHING YOU CAN DO I CAN DO BETTER!!!! I CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOU!!!! NO YOU CANT YES I CAN NO YOU CANT YES I CAN!!!!"

Well, there appears to be something wrong with the Search for the site, so I'm just gonna ask since the thread is so long:

Does Quick Powder work while Ditto is transformed?

Well, there appears to be something wrong with the Search for the site, so I'm just gonna ask since the thread is so long:

Yes but only once. Scarf is prefered because you can use it an unlimited amound of times so switching out is not a problem.

@Granstafer

I think it is a good thing it doesn't copy items because he can technically outrun everything. So basically ditto will either kill the poke that it copied or force a switch.

I'm liking ditto A LOT so far this gen. He can really fit on almost any team.

Quick powder will only work while Ditto is still ditto. As soon as Ditto transforms it is no longer considered the ditto species and loses its speed boost.

So there's all this mentioning of how Ditto must be OU or Ubers, but assuming he doesn't go into Ubers, why would he be locked into OU? He can only be as good as the pokemon he's battling against, so wouldn't he be equally viable in UU or NU since he couldn't be an OU poke in a UU battle.

So there's all this mentioning of how Ditto must be OU or Ubers, but assuming he doesn't go into Ubers, why would he be locked into OU? He can only be as good as the pokemon he's battling against, so wouldn't he be equally viable in UU or NU since he couldn't be an OU poke in a UU battle.
Yes but if you can use him in OU very effectively he will start being used a lot so he will be OU.Then he will be raged upon and so will be the trainer using him.Then someone will make some sort of great set that is totally amazing and people will start insulting ditto even more and so will the trainer.And then he will become uber.End of story.

Ditto + Bronzor with Pre-Evo Stone would be a great combo.

Use Bronzor as a lure to get your opponent to set-up, and in the process you do laem shit like flail around until Ononokusu gets its 6 DDs and decides to kill you.

Then you bring in Ditto and the rest is history.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@N00b Lyf3: That's not how Ditto will work...it's only set is the Choice Scarf set, with one move and max HP. And anyway, the suspect process is much more complex than you make it out to be; look in the Policy Review forum for some great discussion regarding how to test suspect OUs.

And @king_wallace: if Ditto's use is high enough (around 4% I think)in OU play, it will be OU. That's how tiers are determined.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ditto will never be uber due to it not being overpowering in any way
sure, you copy a opponent except their HP.
this is OBVIOUSLY going to allow you to wall the entire opponents team/sweep the entire opponents team/reliably take out something

Lol i was just joking =P with only one move there aren't a lot of possiblities ;O.But yeah i do think it will be uber as all you do is act dumb let the opponent get 4 Dragon dances and uhh win?Thats kind of broken if you ask me.I really wonder how duscussing Ditto of all pokes go to page 19...I mean there arenlt a lot of Movesets and potential coverage moves and what Hp is superior etc etc to argue about really.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But yeah i do think it will be uber as all you do is act dumb let the opponent get 4 Dragon dances and uhh win?Thats kind of broken if you ask me.
If you have a scarf, you will be locked into a move though. Granted +6 outrage from a ono-drag-guy will probably kill a steel, but they might not boost to 6. And if you don't have scarf, you will only speed tie. Also since Hp stays the same (it still does right?) priority is a solid counter. And a wonderful counter (maybe the best) is prediction. Hmmm, I carry a move that hits me for SE, a ditto switches in, what move do you think ditto is using? If you have good synergy, a quick switch to a poke that is resist/immune to the move that is SE, and ditto is locked into a move, and the momentum is for you, not him. All in all, a great poke, but not the uncounterable I-can-always-turn-the-game-around people are talking about.

At most your sweeper is forced out, but you keep momentum. Ditto can't make a clean sweep anyhow; it's only got 5 PP per move.

And @king_wallace: if Ditto's use is high enough (around 4% I think)in OU play, it will be OU. That's how tiers are determined.
I know tiers are determined by usage. What I was trying to get at was that if ditto is deemed OU (given its usage) that would effectively ban it from being used in lower tiers, correct? However, it would seem it shouldn't be banned from other tiers because it wouldn't be overpowered in lower tiers: you can't transform into Garchomp in UU, just whatever UU pokes your opponent is using, Since ditto's prowess is directly related to those pokemon, it wouldn't be overpowered in UU or NU if it wasn't in OU. Let me know if there's something I'm missing about that.

So basically, would it make sense not to determine Ditto's tier by usage (assuming it isn't put into Ubers), and instead make it effectively tier-less? It would be the opposite of putting it on a banlist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)