Tournament Doubles Derby II - Player signups

zoe

You told me to save me from a hell on earth
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
derby (1).png

Art by NinjaSnapple, OP stolen from kaori
Doubles Derby will be a 9 week event at minimum, so sign up only if you can and will be active for a majority of this time. Make sure you stay in communication with your team and maintain a competitive attitude even after elimination.

Fill out the below exactly as written here for spreadsheet purposes.

Code:
Player name:
Tiers played:
Tiers NOT played:
Time zone:
Significant time missed:
The tiers this year will be: SV DOU, SV DUU, SV Doubles Little Cup, SV National Dex Doubles, DPP DOU, and ADV DOU.

For the duration of Doubles Derby's regular season, players are not allowed to play in the tiers listed as "NOT played" in their signups post. They will only be allowed to play those tiers starting in playoffs. We will be enforcing this rule for ALL players, regardless of price tag. This is intended to address price fixing and encourage players to sign up for tiers they are most skilled in, rather than attempt to reduce their auction price.

To be crystal clear: "Tiers NOT Played" will bind you from playing in those tiers, and you should use it only if you do not intend to play that tier under any circumstance for the entire regular season. "Tiers Played" is a non-binding field that you can use to communicate your preferences to all managers.

Players will not be able to change their 'Tiers NOT Played' in midseason. Whatever was on the original signup remains in effect.

Users that are banned from the DOU Discord will not be allowed to participate in Doubles Derby.

This year's managers and teams will be:
Amaranth + Smudge: Jubilife Jockeys :rapidash:
Arcticblast + zee: Icirrus Ice Riders :calyrex-ice:
kaori + xqiht: Neigh Bark Town :calyrex-shadow:
Akaru Kokuyo + Seraphz: Celestial Chargers :iron-crown:
eragon + Hugo: Konikoni Kingdras :kingdra:
bagel + big pichu: Twinleaf Turboblaze :reshiram:
Glimmer + sir jelloton: Gallop of the Gods :arceus:
Loudwinner + sundays: Buckhorn Rhyhorns :rhyhorn:

Signups will remain open until 24 hours before draft time. Draft time is still TBD, but there will be a post in this thread notifying players of the time when it is determined. The draft will be the weekend of May 25th to the 26th, with Round 1 being posted the night of May 26th.

Last edited:

Idyll

i'm possessed the way I play my part
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Player name: Idyll
Tiers played: SV DUU / DPP DOU
Tiers NOT played: SV DOU / SV Doubles Little Cup
Time zone: +8
Significant time missed: If I'm on a team with anyone else from DPL X Lavaridge Droughts, I'll make sure I miss time (some exceptions)

Player name: LogIce
Tiers played: SV DOU, SV DUU, SV National Dex Doubles
Tiers NOT played:
Time zone: GMT -4
Significant time missed: Trip from May 27-30, will be around in chats in and out during that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)