Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Paraplegic vs miltankmilk

Going to start with the actual conflict (important) and then talk about how it relates to DOU in a broader sense (more important).

The facts: Paraplegic and miltankmilk agreed to play on main out of respect for mental health. miltankmilk grew suspicious of cheating by Paraplegic and took back the agreement, demanding to play on tours instead of main. This was within his right to do so.

1681069776872.png

I went and watched Paraplegic's replays against zoe and tyo, because cheating is a serious allegation and has no place on the storms. And let me just say- if we truly did know sets ahead of time, holy fucking shit we're bad at cheating. Running speed boost roaring moon against tyo's murkrow dragonite and bringing glimmora vs their rapid spin tusk, letting moon get wisped and then bpressed by zoe's rogue torkoal and not bringing any hazard removal into her own glimmora. This, combined with playing against a team managed by people who sat themselves out so they could dedicate to prep, is the most pathetic accusation of cheating I've ever seen. At least do your homework before coming at us.

1681070302481.png

Given that playing the tournament match on tours wouldn't even address the root concern of illegal scouting, this move was clearly an attempt to improve win chance by pressing on the anxiety of an opponent. Again, this is not technically against the rules, but is a shameful thing to do.

We take a lot of pride as a community in being one of the more welcoming and progressive bubbles within smogon. I lost some of that pride when I saw many people in doucord valuing strict competitive gameplay over the mental health of those involved, even going as far as to question the legitimacy of such health concerns. If you did this, please take a look in the mirror and ask yourself whether you care more about being a good pokemon player or a good person. Feels like some of us lose sight of that from time to time.

On a tangentially related note, I'd like propose a rule change to allow any team member to sub in/out players when both managers are unavailable. This sounds non-controversial to me, but I'm open to disagreement. I've also given permission for any storms player to make subs at any point.

miltankmilk, I'd like an apology for falsely accusing our team of cheating and for mistreating one of our players. It's the least you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)