Tournament Doubles Premier League X - Week Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host

Art by GenOne

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>
Commencement<<

Lavaridge Droughts (3) vs (5) Paldea Cratermakers
SV DOU: Shiritu vs EternalSnowman
SV DOU: Lemurro vs Ann
SV DOU: Yuichi vs shadekirby321
SV DUU: Hys vs Robbie35646
SS DOU: Grandmas Cookin vs Tenzai
SM DOU: Mizuhime vs Tman
XY DOU: JRL vs zee
BW DOU: Idyll vs Mishimono

Humilau City Hydreigons (4) vs (4) Santalune Storms
SV DOU: YoBuddy vs Genesis77
SV DOU: KeanuGrindingArc vs GenOne
SV DOU: Paraplegic vs z0mOG
SV DUU: Queen of Bean vs qsns
SS DOU: Hugo vs Iceberg77
SM DOU: zoe vs Croven
XY DOU: Yellow Paint vs laptops
BW DOU: yuki vs Smudge

Slateport City Sp_ndas (6) vs (2) Milwaukee Ducks
SV DOU: Xrn vs Enzonana.
SV DOU: Zeal vs Schister
SV DOU: jonas vs papiloco
SV DUU: kaori vs RelicanthPrimal
SS DOU: Star vs MADARAAAA
SM DOU: umbry vs SMB
XY DOU: sir jelloton vs Voltix
BW DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Actuarily

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves (5) vs (3) Snowpoint City Cold Crew
SV DOU: bage1 vs Loudwinner
SV DOU: Exotic64 vs xqiht
SV DOU: SHIMA vs entrocefalo
SV DUU: big pichu vs ratpacker
SS DOU: Railgun vs robjr
SM DOU: Charlotte vs Yoda2798
XY DOU: talkingtree vs SingleThunder
BW DOU: Fran vs DaWoblefet

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 3rd at 11:59 PM GMT -5.

Lavaridge Droughts (0) vs (0) Paldea Cratermakers

Humilau City Hydreigons (0) vs (0) Santalune Storms

Slateport City Sp_ndas (0) vs (0) Milwaukee Ducks

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves (0) vs (0) Snowpoint City Cold Crew

1708990725791.png

I can't let the people down... let's get into it.

these are just the games I'm particularly excited for and doesn't mean that I won't watch any listed games (I watch every DPL game) or think that other players are weak, thankfully no one's complained about that publicly at least but I just wanted to throw that out there. Second, the storms and the droughts are out of playoff contention as of this week while cold crew and ducks have secured their spots, which may explain a lot of the roster swapping going on.

I double checked the sheet and I can't find anything on QoB so I'm assuming this is her first game of the tournament and it's qsns's first DUU game that I've ever seen. DUU sentiment seems to be way more negative overall this DPL, citing the likes of Coaching and Roaring Moon as problematic elements. I can't say that I disagree, a lot of the complaints I've heard don't seem to overblown, but I think both of these two have the potential to challenge these notions and build something explosive if they want to... or just stack the brokens and outplay.

Yellow Paint's team last week was one of my favorite teams I've seen come out of this DPL's XY. Each week it's clear he's been trying to take some broken elements and throw in a little flair and I'm a huge fan of this building strategy. laptops, as a "student" of qsns, has opted into more of a stack the brokens strategy when he chooses to not load Gourgeist, and he's achieved a positive record so far by doing so. I think whether he loads standard or head smash hydreigon like I tried to get him to do last week, this game will have some reason to be a banger.

Zeal finally dropped his winstreak in week 5 but man what an impressive run he's had so far, and the same can be said of Schister who is sporting a 3-0. These two cost a combined 6.5k btw. I'll hand it to both of them, I did not expect anything this crazy from either after both failed to make OSDT top cut last year and then kinda disappeared off my radar, but their games this season have been really good so far. Schister in particular was off a magic potion in the builder last week and I'm pretty interested in seeing what kinda craziness is being brewed for this week (or if the ducks will save it for playoffs)

Highlighting two DUU games in one post is crazy but here we are. Sam's one loss so far is to his alarm clock and RelicanthPrimal is 3-2 with a pretty tough schedule so far. Sam's building this DPL has been insane but even crazier are his games, last week I thought for sure letting Necrozma get blown up by a Blood Moon was just game ending but he managed to bring it back, and the week prior managed to piece together a way for 5 Physical attackers and a Mew to beat a boosting Registeel. Reli's one of the few people that actually plays DUU year round to my knowledge, and I think that consistent practice is what's gotten him a positive record so far, but Sam's building is really unpredictable. Expecting this one to go crazy and/or for the post game discord chat calling for some Pokemon to be banned.

Dad1 pointed out that all the BW teams are either 3-2 or 2-3 which I think is pretty interesting. Anyway, we've got 2-3 Dad1 vs 3-2 Act. I think these are just two fundamentally solid players going at it but what's interesting to me is the style of teams they use. I feel like Dad1 BW teams like to put the emphasis on one specific attacker or two whereas Act seems to prefer a more evenly spread flavor of offense. Maybe I'm just talking out my ass. Watch the game! BW is exciting!

I'm also going to give a nod to jonas vs papiloco since neither player has lost a game this DPL! Except papiloco has 5x as many wins as jonas! Similarly, umbry vs SMB is sure to excite, but I've written about SMB and umbry a bunch of times now and everyone should know to check this one out. This is just a really good series overall.

Thieves are at 4 points for the season with a really bad differential, which means they're going to have to win both weeks to keep their hopes of being defending champions alive. A lot of that hope is going to ride on bagel to shift into maximum overdrive and collect some wins, the first of which is going to have to be against Loudwinner, who's 3-1 in SV at present. Loudwinner has really impressed me in these last few DOU teamtours, both as a player and a builder, so he's not going to be an easy obstacle for bagel to overcome.

Luis has been tearing through this SS pool, resulting in him being the only player with 4 wins heading into week 6. I've liked his team choices, a lot of them seem to be stuff he's worked on himself as opposed to recycling old Z Strats and Nails teams which is always appreciated. robjr's right behind him, only sporting one less win. rob's builder is also plenty fine, it's a good mix of bulky and aggressive that I think you need to have in your scout to not get exploited.

eragon

:gaming:
is a Tiering Contributor
back for another episode of sir jelloton and Schister carrying the commentary
Lavaridge Droughts (2) vs (6) Paldea Cratermakers

Slateport City Sp_ndas (5) vs (3) Milwaukee Ducks

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves (1) vs (7) Snowpoint City Cold Crew

baaaaaat

VGCPL Champion

Gamer tomato moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)