doubles team/help & improvement. (mostly theory craftin until I finish breeding the team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimikyu-back up/opening sweeper with swords dances and with the clefable tanking hits with follow me

-red card-for forcing into bad switches
-Jolly
- attack 252 evs & 252 HP evs

-Play rough
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords dance
-protect

-Red card and setup allow for punishing bad openings or team comps that cant deal with mimikyu well.Priority red card shadow sneak works well too and punishes set-up mons. Protect is also for earthquake spam.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Clefable-Big support opening and gets moonlight,spotlight and follow me

-bold/calm
-magic guard/unaware
-rocky helmet/leftovers
-252 HP & 252 DEF or split DEF & SP.D for calcs

-Protect
-spotlight/healing wish
-moonlight/healing wish/toxic
-follow me

-Clefable for a reliable opening/support for mimikyu to set up swords dance. or disrupt enemy strats with spotlight follow me and protect.toxic/protect/moonlight does also allow to stand alone as a staller too while still being able to take the hits.Magic guard is for the follow me supportive set and to prevent toxic,paralysis,spore,and burn. Unaware is for punishing setup when your're not encountering much stall/status.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Marowak-Sweeper/trick room counter/xurkitree counter/physical wall

-Brave/Sassy
-Lightning Rod
-thicc club
-252 Attack EVs & 252 SP.D or HP

-Shadow Bone
-Will-O-Wisp/Protect
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake

-Marowak fills a lot of good roles in this team. Thicc club is an obvious choice for marowak so I don't think I need to explain my reasoning for that.Lightning rod and the moves are pretty much just cookie cutter.He is a slow Pokemon so he has some good speed in trick room,which seems to be quite common as of this post.He also bodies xurkitree which is an absolute monster.

_________________________________________________________________________________

-Salamance-

-Adament or Jolly
-Intimidate
-life orb
-252 HP EVs,split EVs of ATK & SP.D

-Protect
-Scary Face/Fire Fang/Ice Fang
-Fly/roost
-Dragon Claw

- I think the only thing I really need to explain about this set is that scary face is there for the current trick room meta going on.The idea is using on your own Pokemon to make them faster in trick room.The fangs are for dragons,steel types,or bewear.

Last edited:
Mega Salamance-

-Adament or Jolly
-Intimidate
-salamancite
-252 HP EVs,split EVs of ATK & SP.D

-Protect
-Scary Face/Fire Fang/Ice Fang
-Return
-Dragon Claw

- I think the only thing I really need to explain about this set is that scary face is there for the current trick room meta going on.The idea is using on your own Pokemon to make them faster in trick room.The fangs are for dragons,steel types,or bewear.
Megas are not allowed in VGC this year :/

Also we have a mandatory team building assignment thing, so this thread will probably be locked soon.

(You should do the assignment. It's actually super helpful)

Oh thank you. slamance is still really good with a life orb though.I saw the assignment but I didn't know that it was still up.What do you think of the idea though?

Last edited:
I like your team comp so far. Just try optimizing the EVs and moves a bit and I think you’ll have a great core. I do have some quick suggestions for your team:

-Give Mimikyu a Life Orb instead of a Red Card. The Red Card could end up causing you to lose a favorable matchup, and Clefable should be redirecting attacks away from Mimikyu anyway.
-Try a set of Ice Beam / Follow Me / Encore / Protect with Leftovers on Clefable. Follow Me and Encore are two of Clefable's best options, and in tandem they're a pretty great niche.
-Try a special set on Salamence (your team lacks special offense and looks pretty susceptible to Intimidate). I would recommend a Choice Specs set. And don't use Scary Face; it's a niche move that's outclassed in most situations.
-Definitely go with Protect on Marowak. The benefits of Protect in this meta are too big to ignore.
-Try out some other setup attackers. Mimikyu is good, but there are a lot of good options for a setup mon in this meta. You could also pick two setup mons to use (Mimikyu could be used pretty effectively in the same team as mono attacking DD Gyarados, for example).
-Add something to check bulky water-types (named Milotic), since you kinda don't have anything for those.

But yeah, do the assignment. It was super helpful to me and I think you could probably benefit from it too :)

Last edited:
-Give Mimikyu a Life Orb instead of a Red Card. The Red Card could end up causing you to lose a favorable matchup, and Clefable should be redirecting attacks away from Mimikyu anyway.
I heavily agree the few times I've fought an opponent with red card a few time and every times its allowed me a sweet into something that I want and let me win the game, Not to mention if its a best of three and they know about that red card its really easy to play around it.

Thank you for all of the input I appreciate it greatly and will work on implementing these ideas into the team I really appreciate it.I'm still kinda new to doubles so all the input is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)