ORAS Doubles OU Doubles Trick Room

Long time lurker, first time poster. This is the Trick Room team that I've been working on for a while, have been testing on Showdown and making tweaks to suit and am looking for second opinions.
I'll try to be as clear as possible.

(Bruce) Gallade (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Night Slash
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat

(VeryShellfish) Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast

These two are the all important Trick Room users in the team, trying to set them up offensively so I don't need to waste Trick room time switching out. Double Ghost weakness it an issue, and any +1 Priority attacks could also cause problems (especially Sucker Punch against Slowbro). Between the two of them the cover enough types to threaten most Pokemon in some way, although choosing which one to lead with could still be really important. Hopefully the rest of the team should be able to cover the gaps.

(Puck) Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Follow Me
- Stealth Rock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Arguably the second most important Pokemon on the team, it's whole purpose being a damage magnet/sponge with Follow Me while Gallade/ Slowbro set up Trick Room. This will hopefully set up one of two situations, either Clefable take's very little damage on the first turn, allowing the Trick Room user a little bit of damage free time to lay out some of their own, or otherwise taking enough to faint and allow a free switch. While running Leftovers at the moment, but also considering Lum to avoid early game sleep that would shut down Follow Me. Also, considering Sitrus as it doesn't necessarily live long enough to benefit from leftovers effectively.

(Rocksteady) Tyranitar @ Iron Ball
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Fling
- Stone Edge

Currently set up more for support, Stealth Rock currently on the list for when it's needed and Clefable was unable to set them up/ the opponent has a spinner. Currently the more questionable move considering how circumstantial it's usage is. Iron Ball aids it's movement under Trick Room and also provides a very powerful Fling, having the added benefit of Speeding the T-tar up as Trick Room Ends. Wondering if I need to spec it out for more damage or if it's current moveset is currently adequate.

(Knuckles) Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Ivs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- ThunderPunch
- Protect

(Nettle) Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Claw

The Final two heavy hitters on the team, hoping to use their move pools to fill the gaps made by the Trick Room users. Ferrothorn is brilliant under Trick Room, especially seeing as it's STAB Iron head can handle the Fairy Types that the team otherwise has 3 Pokemon weak against. Also works as a useful switch in to wear down physical attackers. Conkeldurr is in a similar boat in regards to low speed but decent attack spread, and as mentioned before hopefully I can use the Clefable's fainting as an opportunity to get an early switch in to really land some heavy damage.

Known Weakness:
  • 3 Pokemon weak to Fairy
  • Higher Priority Attacks (Brave Birds especially, but Pokemon with Prankster can also can troubles)
  • Low speed enforces heavy reliance on Trick Room and can often be punished if it can't get back up.
  • Anything running a stall set that forces me to chew through Trick Room turns
  • Other Ferrothorns, being very defensive and incredibly slow. Not as so much since Mega-Slowbro began sunning Fire Blast, but it can make using Trick Room hazardous before dealing with the threat.
  • Dazzling Gleam/ Pixilated Hyper Voice get around Follow Me and present a real danger to Gallade, forcing a usage on Slowbro should that opener become a possibility.
Hope this covers enough details, happy to answer any questions if I've missed something.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Hello there, welcome to Smogon! Based on the Pokemon you're using, it looks like you're attempting to make a full Trick Room team. In which case, I suggest you check out this video. Its a full guide on how to use and build Trick Room teams, and its a great introduction to good Trick Room teams in the doubles metagame. To be frank, I suggest after watching it to make some major changes to your team, as most of these Pokemon are not good in Trick Room, or in doubles in general. If you need any help with teambuilding, feel free to PM me or stop by the Doubles chat on Showdown, we would be happy to help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)