Dragon Pearls- A gen 5 LC RMT

___Dragon pearls-A 5th gen Lc rmt___

This is my first Rmt as all my fourth gen teams were awful. I made this team around my favourite style of play, trick room. As this is a wifi team I lead with whoever I think leads best. I have had great sucsess with this team winning 2 lc tournies and reaching top 5 on the ladder. Sorry about the short descriptions but my laptop ran out of battery TWICE when I was writing this.

Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 48 Atk / 240 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Bronzor is a Tr supporter to the team. He is in my opinion the most reliable tr supporter in the game. Gyro ball is very powerful as he is slow. Earthquake is useful against fire,steel and electic types. Stealth rock is for stopping threats especialy houmdoor who gives me huge problems. I use him to wall stuff but usally there is not much to wall in little cups metagame. The evs and nature are to make sure he can take a hit.

Porygon @ Oran Berry
Trait: Download
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Porygon is a powerful Tr sweeper. He has decent bulk, is very slow and with a download boost reaches 28 SAttk. Oran berry is to heal him. I chose thunderbolt and ice beam because they have nearly perfect coverage and he does not have any reliable normal stab. Trick room is obviously making him faster than the other team. The evs and nature max power and then max bulk.

Yuniran (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Psycho Shock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Yuniran is very slow and is powerful. Trick room is important for me checking faster threats. Psycho shock is my main stab breaking down special Walls. Hp fighting and shadow ball give me perfect coverage against the whole of lc. These 2 attacks help check ghost and dark types which are annoying to this team he is my status absorber as he has magic guard preventing Lo recoil. The evs and nature are again to maximise bulk and power.

Dokkora (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 76 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback

Dokkora is like a Machop v2. He is fast and powerful and bulky in tr and slow bulky and powerful out. Bulk up boosts his attack and defense. His main stab attack is Drain punch which keeps him alive by heling him. Payback is used with this to make hit all of lc neutrally except Croagunk. Outside of trick room he can use Mach punch to eliminate sweepers that have set up. His evs boost his low SDef making him a tank and sweeper.

Kibago (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 228 HP / 216 Atk / 28 Def / 36 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Dig
- Rock Tomb

My first sweeper!!! Kibago is a more powerful, bulkier and slower dratini making it ideal for trick room. I have Maxed her attack with a choice band, brave nature,Max attack and rivalry boost. Outrage is really the only attack he needs breaking down Walls as it is immensly powerful. *Kibago is a girl because by default pokwmon are male on PO meaning that she will get a rivalry boost.

Clamperl (M) @ DeepSeaTooth
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 164 SAtk / 24 SDef
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Boil Over

Clamperl is the most important member of the team. With his exclusive item, deepseatoorh he reaches over 30 SAttk and has more SAttk than modest choice specs abra with the freedom to switch attacks. Surf,Ice beam and hp grass. I chose hp grass over electric because it means he beats chinchou. It also helps becausenothing is immune to it. He usally clears up the opponents team. Even Lcs special wall munchlax is 2hkoed by his immense power. Boil over is filler

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shell Smash > Boil Over

While it shouldn't be your first move, you should use it if you get the chance. It's doing more than Boil Over currently is anyway.

E: Yeah change to Modest if you go for Shell Smash.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rivalry pokemons should be male, not female.

Berry juice should be used until it's banned (has it been?). Fantastic item, and obviously better than oran.

Bronzor should not be using gyro ball. The standard is earthquake and psychic because it has great coverage (I doubt it changed between generations at least).

Bulk up + trick room doesn't work too well, especially since crap like gligar can tank a +x mach punch, and it gets like +2 MAX before dying. And, with Iron fist and a lot of power in general, you don't really need the boosts as much as you should just be attacking. Stone edge is probably the best option avaliable (why'd they kill the elemental punch tutors, ice punch would be fantastic for it...).

I actually don't think you should add shell break, as you're not gonna be sweeping anything with a reduced speed spread.

Looks fairly solid, TR is sort of tough to pull off in lc because of all the switching required, but it looks fairly good.

Rivalry should be female. Berry juice is banned. I will edit bronzor to run that.. I'm adding shell break because it's beter than boil over out of tr.

Yuniran is so cute. <3

Why does Dokkora have Encourage? Use Iron Fist, or Guts if Dream World abilities aren't allowed. It's not like Encourage does anything...

Also,

Rivalry

When this Pokémon attacks an opponent of the same gender as itself, the move power increases by 25%. When this Pokémon attacks an opponent of the opposite gender, the move power decreases by 25%. The damage is unaltered if either Pokémon has no gender.

Actually Rivalry should ALWAYS be Male. People either balance their genders or leave them as the default which is male hence male being the best choice for rivalry.

Yuniran is so cute. <3

Why does Dokkora have Encourage? Use Iron Fist, or Guts if Dream World abilities aren't allowed. It's not like Encourage does anything...
Encourage boosts the Poemon's attack by 1.3x, but takes away a moves secondary effect. (So therefore Drain Punch may (1)not heal)

(1)- I can't really say since I don't have B/W, I just did a Google (:

drain punch's healing effect is a primary effect as it always happens, not a secondary effect. Also iron fist boosts mach punch to base 48 base power and drainpunch to 90 which i imagine would be better with LO than guts, so iron fist seems like a better switch seeing as encourage is not boosting any of dokkora's moves.

Also i agree that shellsmash > boiling water for the slightest chance of being useful compared to the outclassed boiling water to surf.

If Kibago is your TR sweeper may I suggest a LO or Oran Berry > Choice Band. Being restricted to one of those moves could spell doom for you. Let's say you use Dig, and a Rain Dance Mantyke uses it as an opportunity to make you its set up fodder. Same as Outrage, RP Aron will set up and have a field day. Choice Items just seem off on Kibago.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
How do you deal with Scarf Tsutarja? If it get a Leaf Storm in on the swith against anything really, it's pretty much gg if TR isn't up.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I have never been a huge fan of TR teams. However, I have played a fair few of them in my day, and one of the big things that all of the historically successful Trick Room teams have that this team is lacking is simple: insurance. You can't always guarantee that you'll be able to set up TR. For the times when there are one of two Pokemon standing in your way, you'll want to have a fast, strong Choice Scarf-user or a set-up Pokemon that can take advantage of one of your Trick Room sweepers fainting.

1) I would change Clamperl to be a Shell Smash sweeper. As it is, it will be underspeeding most common Pokemon under Trick Room. You can even bluff it being a normal TR Perl and surprise your opponent with Shell Smash.

2) I would replace Dokkora with Choice Scarf Machop. While you lose your priority, Machop has several advantages over Dokkora, namely Dynamicpunch and Ice Punch. Dynamicpunch allows Machop to force the opponent to have a 50% chance to themself, while Ice Punch allows Machop an OHKO on Gligar, something Dokkora can only dream of without resorting to sill stuff like Hidden Power Ice. Setting up under Trick Room is also a pretty lame strategy, since you're really just wasting the turns that you're setting up.

I think that these address your speed issues outside of Trick Room. I hope that you continue to play Little Cup and enjoy yourself doing so!

Machop@Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
36 HP/196 Atk/36 Def/196 Spe
-Dynamicpunch
-Ice Punch
-Payback
-Bullet Punch/Rock Slide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)