Dynamite! (OU D/P/Pt RMT)

Not many people use explosion teams, yet they are very effective and are very potent if you know how to use them. The main problem with them were that there weren't many powerful exploders that were speedy and powerful. Electrode, for example has lots of Speed behind it but it's base 50 Attack lets it down and destroys its viability. Explosion teams also had to deal with the presence of Ghosts and Steels. I have found a way to deal with these problems and still have Explosion on every member of the team. The main goal is to use fast Exploders and wear down his team to the end before they can touch me.
Red is edit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick peek at the team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-U Turn
-Explosion
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

This Physcial ScarfZelf I crafted for my specific needs. I needed something that hits fast and hard, can get out of there easily, and can revenge kill some threats in D/P/Pt. Scarf Azelf out speeds most common leads and can take most unboosted, unSTABed, moves. U-turn is to get the heck out of there when I need to, Explosion is fairly obvious. Fire punch and Ice Punch take care of Steel types and Salamence, respectively.

Gengar@LifeOrb
Naïve
136 Atk/156 Sp. Atk/212 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion

Like I said, I needed fast and powerful Exploders, and Gengar is one of these 3 exceptions. Gengar is mainly here to take out Ghosts and then Explode on Blissey or some random stuff. Shadow Ball for STAB, Focus Blast is for Darks, Thunderbolt for Bulky Waters and skarmory, and Explosion is fairly obvious.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heatran@ChoiceScarf
Naïve
6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
-Fire Blast
-HP Ice
-Earth Power
-Explosion

Do I really have to explain this? It's fairly obvious this would be on every team especially an Explosion team. Gives a fast Explosion when needed, blah blah......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful
168 HP/ 220 Sp Def/ 120 Def
-Curse
-Selfdestruct
-Earthquake
-Body Slam

What Explosion team is there without this beauty? He gives powerful Explosion when needed and takes care of powerful threats. He Explodes on Weak (offensively) walls that have been Stalling me, and can take care of them. 2 Cursed Selfdestruct is pretty much an OHKO on the majority of pokes in the entire universe(with Exceptions for Aggron, Probopass, and bastiodon and Ghosts, if only it had Scrappy) even KOing Lugia. Curse is to boost Attack, Explosion is obvious, Earthquake for Steels, and Return for STAB.

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant
252 HP/70 Atk/188 Sp Def
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion

This is my Gengar and Weavile counter and my General Pursuit user. He provides a pretty decently powerful Explosion. Meteor Mash is for STAB, Bullet punch is for priority, Gengar, and Weavile, Pursuit is for fleeing ghosts, and Explosion is obvious.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP/ 128 Attack/ 128 Def
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake

Sets up my rocks that are vital to my team. Then most of the time, immediately explodes most of the time. Explosion is obvious, Stealth Rocks is to break Focus Sashes, Gyro ball for STAB, and EQ for Heatran.

Stealth Rock is invaluable to an explosion team as it allows you to get rid of focus sashers that would otherwise cause you a heap of trouble. I would really reccommend(sp?) putting the usual suicide azelf over your current one, as it is a much better fit overall. I find Likililililily to be overshadowed by Snorlax in many respects, and this is no different: for a bulky stat upper, Snorlax is far superior, even with Likilililililiy having SD over Curse. It also will serve as a backup Heatran counter, as without your you soon find yourself in deep shit.

personally, i think Lickilicky is better in this case, but I will test Selfdestruct Snorlax and see what is better. I'm also thinking of putting Bronzong over shiftry, for SR. Again, I will test. I will not give up my ScarfZelf lead. He's just too good.

I would use this Shiftry instead. A life orb variation would work as well.

Shiftry @ Choice Scarf
+Special Attack, -(S) Defense
6 HP/ 252 S Attack/ 252 Speed
-Explosion
-Dark Pulse
-Leaf Storm
-Hp [Fight] / [Ground

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Azelf would like a STAB move. I suggest zen headbutt over fire punch; that flinch rate is really handy too. Fire punch doesn't even 2HKO any lead Metagross or Bronzong - and those are the only steel Pokemon you are hitting with it since Skarmory switches out and Scizor has bullet punch. Personally, I would also drop ice punch, because other than Salamence, it has next to no coverage (Hippowdon brushes it off and Gliscor switches fearing psychic). Then again... you don't really have many options to replace it with... Trick? Stealth rock? The latter is as good as ice punch for mitigating the Salamence threat in my opinion.

Snorlax > Lickilicky

There are better options over pursuit on Metagross, because Blissey and Gengar are like the only things it hits that switch out against Metagross these days. If it isn't already on Azelf, use stealth rock. Otherwise, earthquake is pretty handy.

Choice scarf seems a bit of a waste when Shiftry has chlorophyll. Sunny day would allow you to allocate those speed EVs elsewhere and clears sand/hail for your team. Heatran can switch into fire attacks and a flash fire fire blast in sun is a frightening prospect. I would run something like sucker punch/explosion/leaf storm/sunny day. Sucker punch means you will not have to rely on chlorophyll all the time and leaf storm is preferred over solarbeam to beat any Tyranitar that tries to switch in and disrupt sunny day.

Metagross is a utility to counter Gengar and therefore pursuit is needed. It is also usable against Dusknoir which makes it invaluable. The only ghost I have trouble with is Spiritomb, and even then, it can be revenge killed by Heatran. The Sunny Day suggestion makes me waver from a explosion team and I dont want that to happen.

Well... I think that something with Brick Break would be helpfull here just to get rid of Light Clay Screens, which can be a bit troublesome in some situations. Shiftry learns both Brick Break + Explosion, so I think that idea with Shiftry is still good. Interesting idea would be also Trick Room Exxegcutor to help Metagross and Snorlax to get their explosions safely, when they're on low hp. But to tell the truth it's hard to find a place for it here... probably in a place of Bronzong and give Azelf a Stealth Rock. Exxegcutors Explosion with no Attack EVs is stronger then Heatran ones and with his low speed, you can invest some EVs in Atk and HP to give him some bulk, he has solid defenses. It would be also great ghost bait with his typing and solid attacking stats to KO some threats. And you would have a solid counter to some TR teams. I like balanced teams with some slow and fast pokes and they work kinda well, if you play your cards right. And Snorlax will really enjoy TR support for his cursing and that Metagross with no Speed EVs will like that support. Cheers.

EDIT: Probably Trick Room/Explosion/Leaf Storm/Psychic or Shadow Ball set with Brave Nature will fit here for Exxegutor.

Your Metagross's spread is 520 Evs i beleive lol.

Snorlax's Ev Spread is like 568. Sorry if somebody already said this but that's what i saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)