SM OU Egyptian Gods Theme Team

What do you think?

• Fairly competetive with some changes(13-1400s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • looking for some help on making this the best it can be, not regionals or top 10 or something

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is a theme team so don't hate the lack of team synergy. I don't play a lot of competitive :P. Enjoy the attempt and maybe help this get better.

1529190373007.png

Ra (Heliolisk) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Ra is the Egyptian god of the Sun. Who better to represent him than heliolisk? A pokemon of base 109 speed(Same as Alola-Ninetales) and 109 base special attack(29 points better than Alola-Ninetales just as a random comparison that is unfair). Being normal and electric means it only has 2 weaknesses to fighting and ground. It is NU for reasons unknown to me, maybe because of coverage reasons, maybe because its stabs are bad, probably because it can't even pretend to be bulky in anyway because its base 94 special defense is undermined by base 62 hp(meh) and its physical defense(base 52) means it will get murdered by the earthquakes and draining punches that are so common amongst higher tiers. Choice specs ups your damage output incredibly and if this thing got ice coverage that isn't HP ice i would have a move thats not dragon pulse for dragons and surf just hits fire types for super effective damage as well as ground and rock types for supereffective damage. Dry skin makes Heliolisk a water wall and actually saved him when he was low and a beartic tried to use priority aqua jet to kill me because heliolisk already claimed 2 lives

1529192715666.png

Bast (Persian) (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Body Slam
- Gunk Shot
- Play Rough

Bast is the Egyptian god of cats so who better than Team Rocket's Boss cat. Because I knew who I wanted later another dark type would have been a terrible choice and normal persian has better physical attack which is what I was going to use him for anyway(not for stab foul play spam) Base 115 is great but with poor defenses, normal stab, but only base 70 attack to back it up so nothing crazy for damage output hence the adamant nature over jolly. Body slam is decent stab with a chance to paralyze, Gunk shot is just a powerful attack, and play rough is fairy coverage. Fake+Stab+Normal Gem+Technician is also fun opening. Not sure what to replace for U-Turn for momentum or if its even needed.

1529195444858.png

Horus (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit

Horus is the Egyptian god of essentially war. He was raised to kill Set and its just a bunch of confusing Egyptian Mythology so I'll stop here. Being base 100 makes him fast but by using scarf I ensure outspeeding where as things(like heliolisk or ninetales or other scarfers) will outspeed and the extra damage is made up for by adamant and reckless(mostly). Double edge and brave bird provide stab options and coverage while close combat(lowering your the defenses that wern't that good anyway anyway) gives ice and dark coverage which is nice for things like weavile.

1529195511941.png

Serqet (Drapion) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Poison Jab

Serqet, the goddess of scorpions, can be none other than a massive scorpion and reliable t-spiker drapion. Drapion has massive physical bulk and battle armor means he can't be struck by crits(screw you focus energy kingdra!) which is always nice. Dark and poison is a solid typing leaving only one weakness to ground which the ream has 2 of but 3 immunities and an immunity to psychic form drapion. The ability to set t-spikes for the last pokemon in the list acting as Nekhbet is also useful and poison is overall useful. Base 95 could warrant a scarf if she wasn't being used for t-spikes and she can also remove them because of that poison typing. Base 90 attack is solid and stab poison jab murders all but the bulkiest fairies who won't appreciate the earthquakes if they are steel faires like mawile and meagearna. Brick break is to break through aurora veils and screens that are rare but annoying to see. Its special bulk is lacking but base 70 HP and base 110 Physical defence ensure the ability to take physical hits(even super effective earthquakes) pretty well

1529195578810.png

Khonsu (Cresselia) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA / 216 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Khonsu is the Egyptian God of the moon so I figured the LUNAR pokemon might be a good match. Abusing its bulk and high hp(base 120 hp, base 120 def, and base 130 special def) with light clay it can use screens pretty well and with reliable recovery. That only leaves room for one attack and while psychic is stab moonblast has no immunities which is preferred. Base 75 makes me want to use it for screens rather than offensively because its only base 75 but if it can't attack then toxic would be needed but t-spikes already(but only 1 user so meh) and that would mean getting walled, ironically, by poison types.

1529195681245.png

Nekhbet (Honchkrow) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

If anyone knows Egyptian mythology by this point then you hate me utterly. Nekhbet is the Egyptian diety for Vultures and while Mandibuzz better fits the bill(pun and Mandibuzz is 100% perfect for the role) I wanted to use a honchkrow set I never use and love rather than the mandibuzz set I always bring(Bulky staller w/foul play). Choice band, bulky bird(mostly hit points because this birds defenses are garbage) and you only really lock yourself into sucker punch and moxie boosts from each kill ups the power+Stab and the band with the adamant natures makes for massive damage that ups itself. The only issue is curse users but with T-Spikes they are on a timer and if their attack doesn't kill you will deal massive damage.

Overall I wouldn't mind dropping Cresselia and/or Persian
Other Options
Umbreon as Khonsu for bulky wish and cleric support
Hippowdon as the hippo god Tawaret for sand veil heliolisk and rock setter
Krookodile for rocks or scarf moxie sweeper as the Egyptian Crocodile Diety Sobek
Mandibuzz as defogger and bulky pivot instead of HonchKrow for Nekhbet
Passimian or Oranguru for Egyptian god Babi who is the lord of baboons/monkeys
Lucario or Houndoom for Anubis the Egyptian god of Death

I want to hear your ideas on other options, make sure it fits the theme(mostly)

Remember this is OU and the theme is key and it was made for fun(mostly)

Attachments

Personally I don't see how this team is going to be competitively viable, while you mentioned before you like to play offensive teams this lacks most of those requirements ranging from hazards to set-up sweepers. Every team carries hazard support being the likes of Stealth Rock and sometimes spikes too. So not only does this team not have a stealth rock setter but it lacks a defog user, which is an issue when your running two flying types. By sticking to a theme you limit yourself so much, I would advise if you want to build around a 'theme' use it for one or two Pokemon or at least opt for more competitively viable Pokemon.

I would attempt to rate this team but it's way too much of a hassle to look up Egyptian gods and find a match so I'm just gonna leave you with some comments.

1) This team gets completely walled by a large amount of Pokemon such as scizor and celesteela, zapdos with cresselia being your best thing for Zapdos (which loses 1vs1) and heliolisk being your best answer for the others. When building a team you must take this into consideration especially with what's played in the OU metagame. Not to mention there are a large amount of set up sweepers that would just run through this team as well one being Zygarde whom is probably one of the best pokemon right now.

2) I would advice following these standard builds if you are new to OU as it helps people out a lot. It helped me out a ton when I was new to competitive Pokemon. By doing this you'll reach higher in the ladder and grow as a player. This will increase your teambuilding success and make it easier to pull off these niche teams. Not to mention there are plenty of posts in the OU metagame forums which have a lot of useful information.

Right well that's all I'm gonna say about the team because in my opinion it lacks the necessities of a team and any general format behind it. It seems you just slapped mons on that fit the theme rather than considering what you would have to play against which makes it almost impossible for someone to properly rate this. Do look at the links I showed above, and don't be discouraged from making unique teams because trust me I love doing off meta stuff, but you have to make sure you build to beat the current meta at the very least

Personally I don't see how this team is going to be competitively viable, while you mentioned before you like to play offensive teams this lacks most of those requirements ranging from hazards to set-up sweepers. Every team carries hazard support being the likes of Stealth Rock and sometimes spikes too. So not only does this team not have a stealth rock setter but it lacks a defog user, which is an issue when your running two flying types. By sticking to a theme you limit yourself so much, I would advise if you want to build around a 'theme' use it for one or two Pokemon or at least opt for more competitively viable Pokemon.

I would attempt to rate this team but it's way too much of a hassle to look up Egyptian gods and find a match so I'm just gonna leave you with some comments.

1) This team gets completely walled by a large amount of Pokemon such as scizor and celesteela, zapdos with cresselia being your best thing for Zapdos (which loses 1vs1) and heliolisk being your best answer for the others. When building a team you must take this into consideration especially with what's played in the OU metagame. Not to mention there are a large amount of set up sweepers that would just run through this team as well one being Zygarde whom is probably one of the best pokemon right now.

2) I would advice following these standard builds if you are new to OU as it helps people out a lot. It helped me out a ton when I was new to competitive Pokemon. By doing this you'll reach higher in the ladder and grow as a player. This will increase your teambuilding success and make it easier to pull off these niche teams. Not to mention there are plenty of posts in the OU metagame forums which have a lot of useful information.

Right well that's all I'm gonna say about the team because in my opinion it lacks the necessities of a team and any general format behind it. It seems you just slapped mons on that fit the theme rather than considering what you would have to play against which makes it almost impossible for someone to properly rate this. Do look at the links I showed above, and don't be discouraged from making unique teams because trust me I love doing off meta stuff, but you have to make sure you build to beat the current meta at the very least
Thank you so much for the help, I left some of my other option ideas at the bottom for those who didnt want to look up a god list or something. My version of "competetive" for theme teams is not so much ladder climbing as it is to be good up until a certain point. In the poll thats why I said 1200 and I put the "you know nothing of pokemon" answer for those who think I'm actually trying to reach top tiers with this team. I am not even going to bother with that. I like using theme teams and seeing how far I can go with them. For me thats my competetive, fighting meta teams with weird s*** till you accomplish a victory or move on to another theme. Thanks for the articles and I'll look into those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)