NOC eli loves matrices game thread [Game Over, Town Win!]

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got hardcore unmotivated with this game in general and I will apologise for my part in derailing that and advocating hammers, it's not totally NAI for Hydro to ask if he should hammer and do it when I tell him to though and he did hammer both of the last two days IIRC lol. The Salamence day I would say is absolutely hammer-worthy because they were literally """""redchecked""""" though.
It was fine schia went for style points and missed, happens

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
HydrogenHydreigon:
Day 1: Mostly joking around. Banters with Schia re: saying posts are awkward. Does not vote.
Day 2: Gives this list for who should go: " Ls > schia/vizh > the other of schia/vizh > psy " FWIW, we voted out two of them with 50% accuracy, and another 2 were nightkilled, one certainly clear beforehand. Townleans the entire Caffeine votewagon. Gives a vibes list, 2/4 good are flipped good (and other two are me and Celever), idk vibes are 1 scum, 1 good, as well as Laurel and OM, bad vibes are now both townflipped. Elaborates on vibes on request; didn't see anything glaring about the read reasoning. Suggests voting Schia or realiti. Says not Psy/Celever/realiti (flipping on realiti). Also excuses OM re: is just hosting EiMM. Minecraft banter about the iron farm. Asks M24 for elaboration on Vizh vote. Basically, seriously considers joininig the Vizh vote, says he doesn't like either full wagon: Psy or LS. Then jumps on the Vizh wagon, helping form it sort of.
Day 3: Supports Schia's even-tracker claim, though missed that I wanted an outright statement from the horse's mouth. Suggests the PRs claim, votes Schia at first. Is then persuaded to join the LS wagon, on Schia's claim.

Just noticed that Laurel cast a vote a couple hours after hammer, and after someone else said it was hammer.

Day 4: Spends a bit figuring out what's going on, then hammers realiti.
Day 5: Customary "gm" post.

... He was a driver for the Vizh wagon, and didn't go after LS until the Schia claim. I'd rate HH as 7-7.5 town. And that thing I noticed about Laurel? Yeah, bumping him back down to 6.

So, I sus OM the most. BUT, he could just be inactive town due to distractions. But in that case... can we trust him to vote next day? That is, the chance he's mafia or is town who would fail to vote in time greater than the chance he's town and would vote in time?

... I'm not sure there is a good answer. Idling is sub-optimal, but if we're wrong about him, then we're down to a relatively small chance.
I'm gonna backlog how much of a role Hydro played in the Vizh wagon. I legit do not remember his input on it at all, which is kinda wild on the back of this.

Celever

i am town
Guys what if we flashwagonned vizh
I don’t like any of the wagons
maybe. who do you wanna vote for
you/me/hydro/realiti is only 4 so plur is on me still
Anyone else down
I don’t want to see psy get voted so I’d join a flash
if you can get vizh to 4 ill vote him as well
I mean it's better than the wagon u have now, better shot of someone flipping imo
Vote vizh
Vote Vizh
vote vizh
Holy the two wagon targets coming together is beautiful
OK this is brutally towny behaviour LMFAO I did not fully recognise this before

Celever

i am town
At the end of the day Hydro either wringed Vizh' neck for no reason in a situation where he only endgames by Schia false redchecking Salamence (bc I would have moved Salamence into towncore without it) and this game has gone perfectly for him

.......or Laurel / OM is final maf and it can be brought home in the next two days regardless of vote order.

Or I mean AG is final maf and that will excite me greatly what a good game from AG.

Aura Guardian ball's totally in your court. I'm sheeping you today, it's up to you whether you want to kill Laurel or OM first IMO. Final maf is one of the two.

I think I'm pretty out of line w being last wolf regardless just context wise of d1 vote (gm it's me major cw)
I had a headache when doing these reviews; the meds have kicked in and I can agree with regarding you as less wolf especially in the contexts of being reminded how brutally short a day was and your recent posting.
OK this is brutally towny behaviour LMFAO I did not fully recognise this before
Yeah, I was amazed how quickly he went from likely scum to someone I want to NOT vote.
Aura Guardian ball's totally in your court. I'm sheeping you today, it's up to you whether you want to kill Laurel or OM first IMO. Final maf is one of the two.
I've been persuaded that it's likely Laurel but I want to give him a chance to defend himself.

Celever

i am town
BTW AG, I'd like to say it's been a lovely and nostalgic time playing with you again. You were a memorable player from my first ever mafia game about a decade ago (Twilight Princess, here on Smogon) and for several years after that where I was a young teen and all around worse person than I am now, and IDK, I've just enjoyed the experience of interacting again in this setting greatly :sphearical:

IK we're not close to hammering to the night where I die but I don't get sentimental very often so if I don't say it now I won't later lol

BTW AG, I'd like to say it's been a lovely and nostalgic time playing with you again. You were a memorable player from my first ever mafia game about a decade ago (Twilight Princess, here on Smogon) and for several years after that where I was a young teen and all around worse person than I am now, and IDK, I've just enjoyed the experience of interacting again in this setting greatly :sphearical:

IK we're not close to hammering to the night where I die but I don't get sentimental very often so if I don't say it now I won't later lol
Wow, NOC was different for the community back then. Ten years ago, really? Wow.

Celever

i am town
Wow, NOC was different for the community back then. Ten years ago, really? Wow.
It's pretty crazy thinking back on those times and A) how different mafia used to be (where custom role madness was the norm, lowk kinda miss that) and B) how different the playerbase used to be. From time to time I run into a community with an old Smogon mafia player and they're like "wow this is the 13 year old who I used to play with" and I'm like oh yeah lol I have a bit better grasp on the game now and most importantly am no longer 13 lol.

If Smogon managed to put together a game of exclusively old guards I would be so into it. I reckon it could be possible since so many are still online in MU etc..

At the end of the day Hydro either wringed Vizh' neck for no reason in a situation where he only endgames by Schia false redchecking Salamence (bc I would have moved Salamence into towncore without it) and this game has gone perfectly for him

.......or Laurel / OM is final maf and it can be brought home in the next two days regardless of vote order.

Or I mean AG is final maf and that will excite me greatly what a good game from AG.

as the only clear you should step up and lead yourself tbf

Celever

i am town
Celever are you positive that ag isn't scum?
I mean AG's D1 does not make sense if he's maf. Caff picked him out as the safe misvote and set him up to be that, and he ultimately sent Caff home over OM in a situation where if AG voted OM he would not have caught a lot of heat for doing so (see: Salamence where they voted OM yet would have got into the towncore without the fake redcheck). Only way maf!AG makes sense if is maf!OM is real and there's one maf left so they can't both be IMO.

Celever

i am town
Also if i need an alibi i would have killed you n1 cel because from the rip you were clearly the most town player. when you said i'm surprised i'm alive, frankly I was too.
I mean my personal take is that OM is the final maf but it's up to AG, he decides the next two votes because I die tonight.

Celever

i am town
frankly, does vizh do that really weird vote onto OM at the end of day 1 if OM is mafia? doesn't that just mean it has to be HH?

vote hydrohydreigon
Hydro was instrumental to the Vizh vote though, where if Hydro did not cause that to happen a town dies and maf as a faction is in a much better position.

Celever

i am town
if ur positive on AG then i trust ur judgement. i'd prefer to go HH into OM but you've been far more active than me, what did schia think?
Honestly I can't recall Schia passing particular judgment on any of the current PoE. I genuinely think Schia was so sold on Salamence maf that they faked the redcheck for (as OM termed it) style points which kinda blew up lol.

Schia's clear was Psy and he died so :row:

i guess fmpov i have 0 faith in myself picking correctly as i've been v not active but i know i'm town and we have 1 clear so town has a 66% chance of winning if i just don't get lynched

i also don't see how my voting pattern would look anything other than a VT who doesn't care.. considering i've been a vt who doesn't care

Celever

i am town
For me I think the likeliest thing that happened was just that Vizh was too human and really didn't want to put the nail in the coffin of Caff or OM, as they were both his scumbuds. But the hold-up with that is why Caff and Vizh, who had considerably capital at the time, didn't just push a vote on a townie.

Honestly I can't recall Schia passing particular judgment on any of the current PoE. I genuinely think Schia was so sold on Salamence maf that they faked the redcheck for (as OM termed it) style points which kinda blew up lol.

Schia's clear was Psy and he died so :row:
wait don't you have a clear then too? or was ur clear schia and wait didn't schia clear me?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)