EPIKNESSSSSSSSS FINALLYY lol XD

Alright after many epikfail attempts to make a decent team from the original Azelf lead, Suicune, Dragonite, Metagross, Scizor, and Jolteon, My final decision has pretty decent overall coverage collaborating much better with eachother and covering weaknesses.

Lead: Swampert
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Leftover

Move set:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Icebeam
Roar

I chose swampert as my lead due to it’s effectiveness in setting up stealth rock. Even if it isn’t able to due to Taunt leads like Azelf, it can still come in later at the given opportune since I will most like switch out to Raikou forcing them to switch to switch to counters like T-tar, electivire, blissey then in turn switching back to Swampert giving me the opportunity to stealth rock and due to its fairly decent defenses it can take a earthquake easily. Roar will be used only when they switch into something to counter my salamnce. Earthquake provides a good stab move with its pretty good attack. And Icebeam will deal some heavy damage against salamnce or latias or celibi but I will most likely roar celibi away once it comes in to counter. Just depends on what I find out from scouting with scizor.

Revenge killer: Scizor
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band/ Life Orb

Move set:
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Super Power
Pursuit

Alright originally, I was using this as a physical sweeper but since my current team has a salamance there is no need for such an over kill. Scizor is the best revenge killer for my team. Bullet punch will pick off the salamance that has been weakened by the icebeam from swampert or any other pokemon already weakened. U turn is used for scouting the opponents team so my Raikou and Salamance can find a opportunity to switch in and sweep. As mentioned before, the Azelf lead. Pursuit provides a nice counter against it while it may have Fire Blast, but its worth the risk since its not that easy to predict. Super power is deal heavy damage on the usual Heatran counter. If something else comes in with a fire attack Heatran will hope in and absorb it. It also aids Salamance against its counters like hoppowdon

Heatran
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Rash
Item: Choice Scarf

Move set:
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
HP (Dark) ß weird I know / Dragon Pulse

Alright so Heatran is kidna the glue of my team. Covering for Celebi and Scizor and getting itself ready to attack once it absorbs a will-o-wisp or any other fire attacks. Not only that, it can take hits pretty well itself so no worries there. Firblast is for the STAB and and also increase in power from Flash Fire. Earth Power is useful in removing other fire or steel types since my team now lacks suicune. Explosion plays its role in setting up a revenge kill with scizor or providing a good entrance for Raikou or Salamance after scouting. Yeah HP Dark, weird right? Haha well its to deal with the Azelf I meantioned earlier (sorry I seem to be obsessed with dealing with them) but it does it jobs, and also getting a surprise kill on a Gengar or Duscnoir especiall since it has choice scarf.

Defense: Celebi
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers

Move set:
Thunder Wave
Grass Knot
Earth Power
Recover

Celebi is pretty good in supporting my team. Especially since most of it is slow, T Wave does the job in giving my 2 sweepers a better chance in doing their job. It also aids swampert (kind of). Its great Defensive stats allows it to survive lots of hits even ice fangs from a non DD Gyarados. Grass knot can deal heavy damage on a lorge majority of the OU pokemons, especiall T-Tar and Gyarados. Earth Power is to deal with the fire types that may appose Celebi like Heatran if mine had already been defeated. Also knocks out the ever so common metagross, but Swampert can most likely deal with it. Recover is used for survival and ticking off the enemy lol but it’s not too annoying. Celebi is covered by Heatran and is sturdy enough to last long.

Phy. Sweeper: Salamence
252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Nature: Naïve
Item: Life Orb

Move Set:
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Roost

My EV spread is just a little different from smogons. I didn’t put any into SPAtk since I find no purpose for Fire blast because of Heatran. Roost was a better choice due to its entrée damage from stealth rock and recoil from Life Orb. Outrage and Earthquake can usual OhKO most pokemon after one DDance besides the steels types wich sadly are quite common. But luckily a majority of my team can deal with them with eather Earthquake or Earthpower and Even ifits a skarmory Raikou has got it covered. Heatran of coarse is a major supporter too.

Sp. Sweeper: Raikou
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb

Move set:
Calm Mind/ Charge Beam
T. Bolt
Shadow Ball
Substitute

Alright so this replaced Suicune. Also, I know maybe jolteon would have been a better choice but I want to mix in a UU into my team and I love Raikou. It a great special sweeper even though its countered by swampert and hippodon and Blissey. But my team can counter them all. Raikou will be saved for later though as long as how I mentioned before, its not an azelf lead. The choice between Calm Mind and Charbe Beam is still undecided I feel they both do great. T bolt is of coarse for the stab and once it gets the Sp.Atk boost it can ohKO many things. Shadow ball is to deal with the annoying Gengars or any other common ghost/Psy type my team faces. Substitute will be used when given the chance so I can set up a calm mind for sure.

So this is my official team :D please give me any recommendation and I’ll try my best to accommodate them to my team. But the Hidden Power stuff I can’t do I know in some cases it would be better if I had that but I’m honestlye too lazy for the IV stuff :\ and my team can cover decently for the lack of it. Well thankyou for your time!

Its hard to read, Brian, and your images won't work if they aren't pulled from a website source not your computer, but HP Dark on Heatran is no more useful than just using a STAB Fire Blast. I would switch over to Dragon Pulse instead.

Two things:

1, I would wait for Raikou to come out with Aura Sphere, until then, it's pretty ineffectual in OU.

2, get rid of the Naive nature on Salamence if it has no special attacks.

Make the Salamence Jolly if you aren't using a special attack move on it so you can save your defenses on it. And swap out Hidden Power: Dark for Dragon Pulse. If you were going to be using a Hidden Power at all, it should be Grass to surprise bulky waters or Ice for anti-dragon utility if you didn't pick up Dragon Pulse.

Hi,

Got your message, so here is my rate.
Okay, this team is quite well-thought and most dangerous threats are covered. But as always there are some things that could be improved and exactly those I'll try to find. Although your team features reliable counters for most threats, there are still some that will give you problems. This is first DD Gyarados, who when carrying Earthquake will easily destroy your whole team. Jolly DD Kingdra will be in a similar position, although Swampert will at least be able to roar it out. You should also watch out for Mix Salamence, as nothing in your team can switch into its attacks safely. Indeed Draco Meteor will ohko Raikou and your Mence, while it even hits Heatran (who even gets 50% on average), Swampert (who gets 85% on average) and Celebi (about 50% chance to ohko after Rocks though) and Scizor (60%) hard. Scizor and Celebi will suffer a plain ohko from Fire Blast while Earthquake decimates Heatran. You will have to play around it as this is very hard to fix. Anyway, onto the suggestions.

Swampert, Scizor and Heatran are absolutely okay and don't require any changes. They should play their roles well.

Celebi: The EVs are okay. The only thing you should maybe reconsider is Earth Power. Your team should handle Heatran pretty well, so I'd say it isn't necessary on Celebi. HP Fire seems to be a good choice, not only to hit Scizor for the ohko, but also to kill Breloom, who Celebi will have trouble with using Grass Knot + Earth Power. Leech Seed is also an option, but usually HP Fire should be okay. You should not rely on Heatran too much as it's scarfed and will recieve damage throughout the match, so an additional fire move comes in handy.

Salamence: As you say you don't want to use Fire Blast over Roost, I would try a bulkier spread. Mence will have problems to sweep effectively without Fire Blast, so you could even go with less attacking power in order to take attacks much easier. What I would try is a spread of 252HP, 180Def and 76 Speed, Jolly nature with Leftovers. This Salamence will be able to come in on myriads of physical attacks throughout the whole game and still be an effective late game sweeper once it's counters have been removed.

Raikou: Well, I really think without Hidden Power it won't really compete in OU. The combination of TBolt and Shadow Ball is walled by too many pokemon. But as I see that your team would benefit by a fast electric type in this slot and as you said you wanted to include an UU pokemon, I guess you can keep it. However maybe you should try a Choice Scarf in order to deal with DD Gyarados and DD Kingdra, because they really screw your present team completely. A set of Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory and Toxic/Thunder Wave could work for example. Extrasensory will take care of Machamp, who is always a dangerous threat. Toxic can be a very effective attack in the last slot as all of Raikou's common switch ins in OU will absolutely hate an unexpected Poison.

Hope I could help. Good Luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)