EPRB R4: Quarterfinals Voting

How many rappers went straight dunkaroos on the mic?

• Fisdunction

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Ulttimaa

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • SalTheThief

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • MlARF

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Borogoves

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • vonFiedler

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • DaLetterEl

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
Seeing as the poll doesn't decide anything, I really don't care that Sal put me as Borogoves, besides I said in my post that it was me. Let's just finish up the voting, there is no need for all this confusion. Just run the thread like the last 3 have been run >_>

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ulttimaa & others need to chill the fuck out. So, X5 didn't post the thread quick enough. It's an online rap battle tournament in which you rap about pokemon. On the grand old scheme of things, it isn't that important.

Will edit this with votes/comments later.

Da Letter El
Okay, this was extremely difficult. They were probably my two favourite raps in the whole round, I really wish one didn't have to go out. Ulttimaa was very good all the way through, had a wicked flow and had a hilarios intro/outro. But overrall Da Letter El had some really good witty burns. Very close though, props to Ulttimaa who was also extremely good this round.

Nanoswine
Nanoswine's was pretty cool, and he managed to pull the whole Scrafty gangsta thing off nicely. Unfortunately I didn't really dig VonFiedler's.

Fisdunction
Again, very close. It was extremely difficult to decide, I couldn't really put anything between them. In the end I thought Fisdunction had a better delivery of his lines and was slightly more witty in places. It honestly didn't come down to much though.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I posted about this last night in three words, but if I see more pointlessly antagonistic posts I'm going to start handing out infractions itt like it was a DST thread. Nobody wants that.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ulttimaa There was so much ripping apart in this rap, and the referencing to MARCEL and Mime Jr were hilarious

Nanoswine This one was really close but with boro pulling references from the ingame, anime, and metagame was what won me over in the end.

SalTheThief Porygon2 and Windows XP have a lot in common, both are outdated but still very good. I didn’t think Sal could ever top the Infernape rap but this is certainly just as good.

Da Letter L (Mr. Mime)
Ulttimaa (Hydreigon)

Very tough one to call, but I think Da Letter L just edged it with some of the cleverest lyrics of the competition so far.

------------

vonFiedler (Arcanine)
Nanoswine / Borogoves (Scrafty)
I thought both of these had faults, especially compared to the others this round. That said, I felt vonFiedler's had more inventive lyrics and structure so I went with him.

-----------------

Fisdunction (Gastrodon)
SalTheThief (Porygon2)
Wow. How do you expect me to choose when you pit the two best raps of the tournament against each other? SalTheThief's had an amazing beat and fantastic burns, and would have taken my vote in any other match-up. Just a shame he was pitted against Fisdunction, who not only had exceedingly clever lyrics but also had pretty much flawless flow. Great job both you guys!

---------------

Maaaaaan, you guys just keep stepping up the quality. Bring on the Semis!

Da Letter El Ok this was close, but DLE's sounded better overall.

vonFiedler Also somewhat close, but in the end, this sounded slightly better and I loved the "Scrafty Doo" line.

salthethief Oh, my, yes, this sounded awesome. Also loved the computer/electric speaking/background haha.

Ultimaa (Hydreigon)
That nigga ripped Mime apart mang! Sick beat too.

Nanoswine (Scrafty)
I wasn't 100% sure who to vote here, but it honestly sounds like Von has trouble keeping to his beat at times and that really ruins the immersion. Sorry boss.

Fisdunction (Gastrodon)
I'm a huge fan of Sal's beat and this was a really tough call, but, I honestly think Dis just had better flow.

Da Letter L (Mr. Mime)
Ulttimaa (Hydreigon)

Man I actually feel split on this one. Both had really clever lyrics going on. (Loved DLE's last verse) but ultimately had to go with Ult. DLE had to rush to finish his and I felt it. It really sucks that one of you has to get eliminated, especially after the Marowak Commandments last round.

------------

vonFiedler (Arcanine)
Gonna have to agree with both of them having faults, but Nanoswine stayed more consistent with the disses and self-promotion. I think von mentioned Arcanine like twice. Even though his rap was funny I feel that 4 rounds have turned this puppy into an old dog with no new tricks.

Da Letter L (Mr. Mime)
Ulttimaa (Hydreigon)
------------
vonFiedler (Arcanine)
-----------------
Fisdunction (Gastrodon)
SalTheThief (Porygon2)
--------

God has made his decree.

Ultimaa
So tight. Also that guy who voiced Mr. Mime has a really sexy voice.

Nanoswine
Wasn't sure on this so went back to listen to both again. I felt that Von hardly mentioned Arcanine and focussed a little too much on smack, plus Boro's beat was better.

SalTheThief
This was really difficult to decide, but I think Sal just edged it with those burns and that hilarious beat. Also that guy who voiced the announcer saying Gastrodon was OU has a really sexy voice.

Da Letter L (Mr. Mime)

Ulttimaa (Hydreigon)

------------

vonFiedler (Arcanine)

-----------------

Fisdunction (Gastrodon)

SalTheThief (Porygon2)

--------

I'll edit in commentary later if I get a chance. Good job guys, this is shaping up to be an epic last two rounds!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nano's rap and mine were too close for comfort, and I worried that his smoother rapping would cause him to win.

I've adapted to, at some times harsh, criticisms, and it's the only reason a bad singer/bad editor like me got this far. It's not a bad place to lose, or a bad opponent to lose to. Just don't tell me my rap isn't about Pokemon, that's really all I have going for me and I will defend it.

My beauty is admired, the ladies are enthralled

Pokedex said:
A Pokémon that has been admired since the past for its beauty. Many people are charmed by its grace and beauty while running. A Pokémon whose beauty is legendary in China.
You're going home alone, your crest is just too small.

Pokedex said:
The one with the biggest crest is the group leader.
You see their smilin faces, but they ain't laughin with you
See all girls love a puppy, but they hate a Scrafty Doo

Pokedex said:
Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon
Your generation sucks, the people already know
What's that Hamlet, Ugly, thy name is Unova
A trash pokemon and a rapist clown, and you look worse than both combined
The Magikarp raps were funny, but you're a bad joke all the time

Clearly about Pokemon here, almost everyone has pulled the generation card (Including Nano) and that's fine by me.

Brag about your power creep but that ain't what playas after
You're only high tear cause we're all crying with laughter

Meta humor, I don't love huge amounts of it but it's not quite movepool rhyming.

Original generation represent, gonna bring all the boys in
You think you're spitting acid, but you don't have any poison

Pokedex said:
Each can spit acidic liquid from its mouth.
You use Crunch and Jump Kick, I slap you with my fist and my dick
Fancy yourself a pimp do ya, but you can't even handle a Trick
How do you Dragon Dance holding your pants, that stance has no chance
Of stopping my advance, so go ahead and prance askance
Course you don't act like a rappa, but a Smogon profressa
You pull out your movelists, I pull out my baretta

Certainly about Pokemon here

So you're a Dark hoodie Pokemon who thinks he's got rhythm

Pokedex said:
Scrafty, the Hoodlum Pokemon
Well Jynx just called, she's missing her racism

But I can see why you would want to metagame
Cause in character you are really fucking lame
You say you're gangsta but you're just a poser
Call me Lil Wayne, I'll call you Mike Posner
You ain't no Tookie, Capone, or Moriarty
You look like a kid at a pokemon slumber party
Nigga I slobber, I bark and I cuss
But lookin at us, you're the one from the shortbus

All ties into how Scrafty is supposed to be the "gangsta" Pokemon, but comes across more as a retarded white poser

Some world class fighter, Pokedex says you use a group and gang up
Should have gotten those monkeys typewrighters, would have spiced your beat up

Pokedex said:
Groups of them beat up anything that enter their territory
So go ahead and call Dialga, he's the god of time but I'm faster it's true
You see me in the distance and squint, but next second your tackled I sprint

Pokedex said:
This fleet-footed Pokémon is said to run over 6,200 miles in a single day and night.
You're losing face, literally, like Nic Cage got no dignity
Your only fans love you surreptitiously, You're lucky you even have symmetry

His face molts off and he uses it as a hoodie, amidst other truly mean spirited insults directed at one of the worst Pokemon.

You dug your own hole, you're a bone I'll bury

Cause I'm a dog

Still unchallenged, species legen (WAIT FOR IT) dary

Pokedex said:
Arcanine, the Legendary Pokemon
So lizard it's the time to get your shit and pack
Cause when I cut you off, you ain't gonna grow back

Scrafty is a lizard, some lizards have tails that can grow back after being lost

I understand why you'd want help, picking this fight is an action you'll Rue
You got Moxie that's cool, but take a hint these rhyme are Mint

Oh, sure got me. Two lines that aren't about Pokemon (they reference the beat). I knew I just couldn't contain myself.

Clearly my rap was so poor that some people didn't even listen to it.

you know how when you make a joke and nobody gets it, you have to explain the humor, and suddenly it's not funny anymore

that's kinda like when you detail the wittiness behind every line in your rap

Hey guys what's up? I just want yall to cool your jets before people be tripping about voting fraud and all that, especially with my name and all. It's just DLE is my boy and I wanted to show my support. Him and Ulttimaa both had some tight raps this time.

So yeah, peace. Mime Time for all time bitches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)