Eviolite in UU

I have one that I use but is probably not viable to anyone else: Eviolite Rhydon.

Rhydon@Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
Impish Nature
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Hammer Arm
4 HP/252 Def/252 SpD

With this EV spread, Rhydon has 352 HP, 558 Defense, and 310 Special Defense after Eviolite's 1.5 boost to defenses, allowing it to tank some attacks while hitting back from 296 Attack. Also, Max HP Chansey can use wish to fully restore HP (704/2=352).

It's just an idea that I use, do not try to use it above RU.

Edit: Rhydon doesn't have Solid Rock and its special defense is 283. I guess you can choose any ability of Rhydon. Maybe Rock Head for Double Edge.

Last edited:
So how do you guys feel about Togetic? It's not as viable as it was now that Zygarde got banned, but I think it still has a little niche in tanking hits and clearing hazards.

So how do you guys feel about Togetic? It's not as viable as it was now that Zygarde got banned, but I think it still has a little niche in tanking hits and clearing hazards.
I'm thinking Calm 252/4/252 which makes 314/207/339 (314/310/508 after Eviolite. It can switch into ground and dragon moves. I'm not sure if Togetic learns defog...

I used a bit of a core between Analytic specially defensive magneton and Physically defensive Eviolite togetic. Magneton takes care of any ice, electric, poison, steel and rock moves that togetic ohso hates, while togetic can switch in on any fighting dark and threaten it with a dazzling gleam. Analytic magneton hits pretty hard as well and rest-talks while togetic can heal bell for it. I also use dun deals AV Scrafty to complete the core who baits attacks that both of them can come in on for days (fighting moves, fairy moves, while it can act as a very decent switch in to many knock off users with intimidate. while being the obligatory knock off user of the team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-104072738
its just to show the synergy

Last edited:
I'm thinking Calm 252/4/252 which makes 314/207/339 (314/310/508 after Eviolite. It can switch into ground and dragon moves. I'm not sure if Togetic learns defog...
Yeah Togetic can Defog. It also has perfect Ghost + Fairy coverage with Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam, which can also be supplemented by Tri Attack, Psychic/shock and Flamethrower if need be. Togetic could actually be a good Defogger/tank here.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 SDef / 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic / Tri Attack / Heal Bell

Togetic is honestly pretty lame in this meta imo, especially for the while that Zygarde is gone, but it has a niche for its 2 key immunities (ground and dragon), access to Defog, and great special bulk. I know someone suggested Calm 252/252, but I think Bold is more appropriate, at least from my use of it. Regardless, it still has that 105 SDef stat boosted by eviolite. 313/442/372 defenses are pretty solid, avoiding 2HKOs from LO Starmie, Scarf Mienshao, M-Blastoise, and a lot of other threats. Sadly, it will take a while to OHKO back with Dazzling Gleam (doesn't get Moonblast). Hence, Toxic is in the fourth slot, but Tri Attack is also an option for that 40% chance to burn, freeze, or paralyze. Heal Bell could be used too, if you really needed it.

I tried Togetic on a stall team and it really doesn't work. Florges and Aromatisse both outclass it, and Rapid Spin is a better option for hazard removal in UU--the SR weakness is also a pretty big deal. Only use Togetic if you need Defog. There's no other reason to use it, honestly. That being said, Togetic appreciates being on a balanced team where its Defogs won't sap too much momentum and it can Heal Bell to help out the team. Knock Off is kind of annoying, although it will probably only happen if you switch in on it, as Mienshao and other dark/fighting types are 2HKOd by Dazzling Gleam.

Ultimately, I don't think Togetic is going to take the metagame by storm, but it has unique and useful qualities that balanced teams can take advantage of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)