Exploud

Exploud got some pretty good toys this gen. >:3

Abilities:
Soundproof - Unaffected by sound based attacks, such as Roar ect.
D/W (get ready :D)
Scrappy - Able to hit ghost types with Normal and Fighting type moves.

So this means...YES :D This pokemon now works like a special Kangaskhan :3

New Moves:(Doesn't get TOO much sadly)
Cheer up - Rasies Attack and Sp.Attack
Synchronise - Hits yourself and other pokemon with the same type as you.
Knock Down - Knock Flying type and levitate pokemon out of the air.
Troll
Echo Voice
Incinerate
Vengeance
Level Ground
Overhead throw

New moves SUCK tbh, but cheer up could be very useful...NEW SET TIME :DDD

Casper's Worst Enemy
Exploud @ Choice Scarf/Specs
252 Sp.Attack 252 Speed
Scrappy
Modest/Timid
-Hyper Voice
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Over Heat

Scrappy really gives this pokemon to shine...or be heard. :P Im sure you don't need me to explain ;D

Cheer Up your moves could be worst ;-;
Exploud @ Life Orb/Leftovers
252 Speed 152 Attack 100 Sp.Attack
Scrappy
Naive
Return
Cheer Up
FlameThrower/Fire Blast
Focus Blast

Nuff' said...some moves could be interchangeable :/

Im pretty sure this pokemon could do more but i don't see anything else that it could do that Kangaskhan couldn't.

Well Exploud got a pretty good upgrade and it now competes with the other scrappy users, but on the special side. Sadly now new good moves but Scrappy is a great upgrade for him!

cheer up can work on a mixed set. Exploud has quite a number of physical moves it can use effectively. Crunch, rock slide, and Earthquake are the best, but from the IV tutor it gets the elemental punches, low kick and Zen Headbutt. Also, I think Shadow Ball deserves a mention, because it pairs well with Focus Blast.

(A Neutral Return is almost a powerful as a SE shadowball. ~153 vs 160. But a Neutral Hyper voice is only about ~135)

cheer up can work on a mixed set. Exploud has quite a number of physical moves it can use effectively. Crunch, rock slide, and Earthquake are the best, but from the IV tutor it gets the elemental punches, low kick and Zen Headbutt. Also, I think Shadow Ball deserves a mention, because it pairs well with Focus Blast.

(A Neutral Return is almost a powerful as a SE shadowball. ~153 vs 160. But a Neutral Hyper voice is only about ~135)
Why shadow ball when you can hit every ghost type with a stab move o_e

91/91 offences aren't astounding, but Exploud is really begging for a mixed set, especially with the addition Cheer Up to his movepool. It might even function as a boar-esque wall breaker in the lower tiers.

Exploud@LO
- Cheer Up
- Return
- Brick Break/Hammer Arm
- Flamethrower/Ice Beam

Thanks to Scrappy, Exploud gains perfect coverage with Normal + Fighting alone. He can also get away with spamming 150 bp Returns early game since its neutral coverage is actually pretty decent.

Scrappy is illegal with Gen 4 Tutors since you can only get Dream World Abilities in Gen 5. I think a mixed set is the way to go with Cheer Up on Exploud since it has a powerful Return and the fact that Normal+Fighting grants perfect coverage with Scrappy, like someone else mentioned.

Hm... It seems to me that since he has perfect neutral coverage with Scrappy using Normal + Fighting, he has some room to play around with the other two moveslots for his set. He has the same attack as special attack, so a mixed set running Cheer Up, Hyper Voice, Return, <Fighting Move> could be a solid choice. Does he get Focus Punch? Sub/Focus Punch/Return/X could be solid. Or Sub/Stat-Up Move/Normal/Fighting with a berry could work as well.

Exploud is one of my favorite Pokemon and I like the fact that he got Scrappy. However, I don't think his decent mixed attacking stats should be overlooked, especially considering that he now has Cheer Up in his arsenal.

I agree, in fact, I don't think Exploud is gonna muster up anymore use even with Cheer Up. Though it has gotten better, so has almost every other Pokemon this generation. But the Mixed Scrappy/Cheer Up is gonna do wonders for exploud in UU. If only Exploud had more bulk or was speedier.

Well, seeing as how Exploud is one of those special few Pokémon that can learn Sleep Talk through levelling up with the added benefit of keeping his Dream World ability, I say he makes use of it (:

Exploud @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Scrappy
Jolly
- Howl / Cheer Up
- Return / Hyper Voice
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Seeing as how he has Scrappy he no longer has to be weary of Ghosts, thus they can't wall this set. But Steels are a bitch still.

Well, seeing as how Exploud is one of those special few Pokémon that can learn Sleep Talk through levelling up with the added benefit of keeping his Dream World ability, I say he makes use of it (:

Exploud @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Scrappy
Jolly
- Howl / Cheer Up
- Return / Hyper Voice
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Seeing as how he has Scrappy he no longer has to be weary of Ghosts, thus they can't wall this set. But Steels are a bitch still.
Exploud is too frail to abuse a Sleep Talking set.

Even with the addition of Cheer Up, Exploud will still be reliant on speed Passing or CS to rectify its low base Speed.

Still, it's nice to see it getting a boosting move that isn't Howl, Scrappy will go a long way towards keeping it from being forced to switch.

Exploud with scrappy is very easy to use as it only really needs a fighting and normal move. I ran a choice specs set and it was hilarious when shandera comes in expecting to trap and set up on me but then is 2hko'd by hyper voice. they never know what's happening. Then with focus blast to hit rock and steel types you have perfect coverage, but i'd also throw flamethrower and ice beam for good coverage and the abillity to hit shedinja if needed

Exploud with scrappy works wonders.
Hp fire (steel)
Hyper voice
Return/cheer up
Focus blast.

Gives you options I use him as sweeper on my baton pass team.

Finally, one of the coolest Pokémon ever gets some much-needed love. Scrappy is a fantastic ability, and with Exploud's decent offensive stats and fantastic movepool, I could see it work out very well. This might just bump it out of NU.

Also, Exploud naturally learns Sleep Talk, so what could work:
Exploud @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
(Adamant or Modest) Scrappy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return / Hyper Voice
- Brick Break/Hammer Arm / Focus Blast

Normal/Fighting provides perfect coverage with Scrappy, so it might work with RestTalking. Choice of EVs depends on if you want it physical or special, though mixed might work too (with Return / Focus Blast, probably).

Also, Exploud might find some use in Overhead Throw (which both damages and sends the opponent out) and Level Ground, to make up for its low speed.

Why the hell are you using HP Fire when you have Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, etc?
Should be obvious, it's an oversight.
I once used HP electric on Azelf(Counter to Gyarados with a scarf). When I found out it learned Thunderbolt, yeah, I facepalmed, but it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)