Extreme Behavior

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Extreme Behavior

The Team​

Introduction​
Hello, fellow Smogonites. Today im bringin you guys my best OU team to date, ive been using this team for about a month now, and it has been having decent ladder scores going 34-3 before I stopped laddering. This team was mainly build to handle all kind off weather, but also remain strong synergy wise. The reason for me posting this team now is because I think it has reached it's final stage, and has becomed a finished product. The name "Extreme Behavior" was chosen from one of my favourite band; Hinder, and I really think the name fits well with the team. So I wanted to make a team that was well balanced between offensive, and defensive synergy, and that could manage to handle most threath's in this meta, and have a strong matchup's versus nearly every team out there, and I think it does that job very well. So now let's go to the details of the team, so you guys get a better view on how this team works.

In Detail

Tyranitar

Item: Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP | 252 Atk | 100 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Crunch
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Superpower

Why this Pokemon ?

Tyranitar was chosen to be my sand inducer over Hippowdon due to the great special defense boost it gains in sand, but also the immense power when running a Choice Band, and beeing able to wall, and get rid of the Lati twins. The set is straight forward for a Choice Band set, where Crunch and Stone Edge are both great, and strong STAB moves. Pursuit is very usefull for trapping, and is maby the most imortant move on this set. Superpower runs of for nice coverage and hits rock, steel and fighting super effectively, and neutral which otherwise would have walled this set completely.

Choice Band was chosen because of the sheer power, and it really is the best set for Tyranitar to run right know, it also fits my team's playstyle. Also now that Tornadus-T is banned, this set works even better, and doesn't have to worry about predicted Focus Blast/Superpower anymore.

Breloom

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)

Spore
Mach Punch
Low Sweep
Bullet Seed

Why this Pokemon ?

Breloom is seriously one big ass threath in this meta, it's main purpose is to shut down Politoed and Tyranitar leads, and then proceed to wreak the incoming switch in or even get an easy win for the weather. Spore is there for obvious reason's beeing the most reliable sleep move in the game, Mach Punch and Low Sweep for excellent fighting STAB, and let me beat mainly faster threaths after nailing them with Low Sweep. Bullet Seed is there for hitting water and ground types hard, and all of these moves is getting a boost from Technician, which makes Breloom even more scary.

The reason for using Life Orb + 3 Attacks, is because it's the set that benefits my team best, and I really dont like to rely on Breloom to setup Swords Dance as it is quite frail, and it wont last that long. Jolly is chosen so I can get the jump on the Breloom's that are running Adamant, and also speed tie with other Jolly Breloom.

Gengar

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Ice]
Destiny Bond

Why this Pokemon ?

Gengar, my favourite Pokemon of all time, and im really happy it fitted perfectly in to this team. This guy is an awesome revenge killer, where Destiny Bond is the crux of the set. I can't even count how many times Gengar has saved my ass from setup sweepers or other revenge killer which Gnegar couldn't ko. Shadow Ball is a spammable and a strong STAB move of choice, and Focus Blast comes in for perfect coverage in only two moves. Hidden Power Ice is really just awesome on Scarf Gengar as no one expect it to be Scarf, and let their Dragonite, Salamence or Garchomp stay in to only get raped by HP Ice. Destiny Bond as I said, probably the best revenge killing move in the whole game.

Running the Choice Scarf because that fitted the team very nicely, and also has nice surprise factor as there is no one really expecting Gengar to be Scarfed. This is what that makes Scarf Gengar so valuable to the team, having surpise factor, awesome coverage, and Destiny Bond.

Landorus-Therian

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 144 HP | 252 Atk | 112 Spd

Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Stealth Rock

Why this Pokemon ?

Landorus-T has an really important job for this team, and that is to setup Stealth Rock, and wall the hell out off Terrakion. Landorus-T is incredibly good, and way underused in this meta, it has an great typing, and a great ability + an insane attack stat of 145! The moveset is quite self explainable with Earthquake for incredibly strong STAB, Stone Edge so I can get that famous EdgeQuake going on. U-Turn is just amazing to have because Landorus-T is forcing so many switches making it easy for me to gain momentum. Finaly it's Stealth Rock, probably the best move in the game, and Landorus-T does an amazing job setting them up.

Bulky Landorus-T is mainly just amazing, and really needs more love, the awesome resistances and the sheer fire power coming from this awesome Lion is freaking insane. The EVs are made to gain some bulk but also hit as hard as possible, the speed evs are made to outspeed standard Jirachi, Celebi, Tentacruel and Adamant Breloom.

Rotom-Wash

Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP | 28 SAtk | 232 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)

Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Rest

Why this Pokemon ?

The glue of the team, and main water and bird resist. Rotom-W is by far one the most valuable team members due to the awesome typing, and great bulk. It has awesome dual STAB, and can cripple fast sweepers or fast pokemon in general with Thunder Wave. The set ive chosed for Rotom-W is quite standard, Hydro Pump as it's main STAB move and Volt Switch for gaining momentum. Thunder Wave is there for helping my team out as it is quite slow, Thunder Wave also helps me beating stuff like Keldeo easier. Rest is it's last move, and is extremely important for Rotom as it carries Chesto Berry, and let it recover to full healt, and recover of any status that might have bothering it.

ChestoRest Rotom-W was chosen because it can be used as an status absorber, and it really benefits sand the best as it has better longivety than leftover in sand. Pain Split can be used over Rest but I dont like Pain Split that much as it can be quite unreliable, and can be used against you if you forget that there might be some other pokemon on the opposing team having low hp.

Scizor

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP | 40 Atk | 216 SpD

Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Swords Dance
Roost

Why this Pokemon ?

So then we are finaly down to the last member of the team; Scizor. Scizor is my late game sweeper, and is only beeing bringed out vs dragons or late game when stuff like Heatran and Jellicent is eliminated from the enemy team. After this is accomplished, Scizor can easely setup an Swords Dance and win me the game. The set im running is as you see the bulky SD set where im running Bullet Punch + Bug Bite as my main STAB moves, Swords Dance is there as you guys might know to boost Scizor's already high attack into legendary heights, and then finishing off with Roost so it can setup easier, and basically stay around for a longer time.

The reason for running bulky SD Scizor without Superpower is that Scizor is my main dragon check, and my team already handles Heatran nicely with Breloom, Rotom-W and Landorus-T. This set is really good, and shits all over Gliscor and Forretress which are only becoming setup bait, and then demolished.

Conclusion​

So now there really isn't anything more to tell about this team other than Sableye beeing a bitch to face, thankfully it isn't that common. So hope you guys enjoyed reading, I made a lot of work into this RMT trying to make the layout as simple and easy as possible. So anyway thank's for reading, and I hope you guys will have a great day further.

Recent Changes:

180 HP | 252 Atk | 76 Spd --> 156 HP | 252 Atk | 100 Spd

Will-O-Wisp --> Thunder Wave

Importable
Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 Spd / 180 HP
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Low Sweep
- Spore

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Destiny Bond

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 112 Spd / 252 Atk / 144 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 232 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 216 SDef / 252 HP / 40 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Hi, there

Very solid team, a person only significant weakness in my opinion: Keldeo, both in its moveset Scarfer and even worse Specser under the Rain, which between Hydro Pump and Secret Sword can do great damage to virtually the whole team because you have not entered on him.
The only way you can kill him is groped the revenge-kill with Gengar, which may not come on its Hydro Pump / Surf, and Keldeo is a major threat for the team.
The problem is solved by giving Thunder Wave> Will-o-Wisp to Rotom-W, in this way the paralyze and after that attacked you do if Rest mean recover HP or directly Volt Switch, thanks to paralysis Keldeo would become slower than all your Pokemon and easier to mend KO.

Now I want to change the Evs spread in this Tyranitar: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd Evs unlike your spread, this can outrun Skarmory and with the support of Stealth Rock, get the two Okho with Stone Edge.

Last thing I suggest Life Orb> Leftovers of Scizor, to increase the damage, you still have time to recover HP Roost, with Life Orb increases the attack, increasing your chances of making Okho on a Pokemon.

tl;dr
Thunder Wave > Will-o-Wisp (for Rotom-W)
156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd (for Tyranitar)
Life Orb > Leftovers (for Scizor)

You finally posted it! You know I think that this is a great team, but seeing it laid out before me like this has shown me a couple of threats that you may find difficult to handle. Keldeo is a big threat, as it can deal massive damage to all Pokemon on your team, and you have difficulty revenge killing it. I'm also curious as to how you handle a well played Gyarados, for similar reasons as Keldeo. First I think that you should run Thunderbolt on Gengar over Destiny Bond. This allows you to revenge kill these two important threats. Locking yourself into destiny bond, while it's unexpected, can allow people to set up all over you. Gyarados can just stall you out of pp by setting up a substitute and then dragon dancing. You could also try thunder wave over wow on rotom, as it's really useful for making sure that keldeo wont sweept you. Specs keldeo in particular is a gigantic threat that you really would want to slow down.

Wow kinda sloppy rate, i'll make it better when i'm fully conscious lol. That said, the team is incredibly solid and has ways of dealing with the majority of playstyles.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rates Mr. Green and Cherub Agent !
So I do agree with that strong water pokemon really is a pain to face sometimes but they are all handable. The suggestion to run T-Wave on Rotom-W sounds like an good option as my team is fairly slow and can easely benefit from T-Wave so I will try that out. I will also try out the ev spread for Tyranitar as Skarmory can be quite a pain to face. Other than that Gyarados can be handled with smart playing between Rotom, Landorus and Gengar.

Hey BROStime!

This is a cool sand team and its fairly solid as well. A few things look like major issues, however. The first noticable thing is the fact that you only have one water resist really. Breloom doesn't really count since his defenses are a meager 60 / 80 / 60, and this is going to leave you open to opposing rain teams. Keldeo looks like it has a great time versus your current line up since everything is 2HKO'd after Stealth Rock from one of its STAB's, even Rotom-W. Sun teams seem to be a weakness as well since you lack a Dragon, a Pokemon sun teams are commonly weak to, and you do not have a good switch in to Venusaur. Any form of Scizor is pretty problematic due to the fact you lack a Fire-type move. The rare Psychic Landorus can give you some problems as well, but that's not very common. Gengar seems like the most redundant member. For starters, its Ghost-typing isn't necessary on your team due to the fact you lack any form of Spikes. I understand that Gengar is your favorite Pokemon, but I don't think it is serving you well. Replacing Gengar with a Scarf Latias should serve you well as both a decent Water-resist and a Venusaur check. Additionally, Scarf Latias can afford to run Hidden Power Fire which somewhat helps with your Scizor weakness. I recommend Latias instead of Latios due to Healing Wish which can benefit one of your two sweepers. If this team lacked a major sweeper I'd have recommended Latios, but I digress. With EV's of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe and a moveset of Draco Meteor / Healing Wish / Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire and a Timid Nature, Latias should serve you well. I wish you the best of luck in your teambuilding endeavors.

Hi there.
It's a very interesting team, I appreciate a lot Rotom-W Chesto Rest, it is a formidable Set, but I see a weakness against Rotom-W, I explain you: even if you possess Breloom, it is a sweeper and Breloom is not a very good counter for Rotom because it can take a Will o Wisp and he's 4HKO by Volt switch, then the opponent can put a counter to force you to switch after Volt Switch and with this set breloom does not Drain punch or poison Heal, then you can't swap Breloom because it is your only counter for Gastrodon/Quagsire/Ferrothorn /..., then your team is very disadvantaged against Thundurus-T, if the opponent has Agility you can do anything, cauz Gengar is OHKO by Thunder, Tyranitar is OHKO by Focus Blast, then Rotom can easily die, (252 + SpA Life Orb Thundurus - T Thunder vs. 248 HP / 232 + SpD Rotom-W)(: 212-251 (69.96 - 82.83%) - guaranteed 2HKO) then Thundurus-T is generally played with the Rain and Keldeo that you can only counter with Rotom-W, the opponent can therefore weaken Rotom before set up with Thundurus, if the opponent does not have Keldeo it can also use Politoed. Then your team is very disadvantaged against the Teams Sun, you have nothing to Counter Venusaure or come easily on Ninetales, Landorus can take a Will O Wisp or a Solar Beam, and Rotom can't do anything against Ninetales under Sun because Hydropump is decreased, I suggest you put Latios LO on Gengar, Latias is a very good pokemon for your team, it can come easily on Rotom-W because it is a very well tank against Volt Switch and Hydropump, then he has Recover to heal, then he's 2HKO by Hidden Power Ice of Thundurus-T and you can kill him with Draco Meteor or kill him after with Bullet Punch of Scizor or Mach Punch of Breloom and Latias is a very good counter against the Sun's Teams, It can easily come on Ninetales and Venusaure and now you can tank easily Keldeo.

For Landorus-T I suggest you this spread "200 HP/244 Def/64 Atk (Impish Nature) because Landorus-T is your only counter against Salamence-Dragonite-Terrakion but with your spreadhe's 2HKO by Stone edge of Terrakion Bander after Intimidate, and it is 2HKO by Outrage of Dragonite/Salamence (Adamant) after Intimidate (-1 252 + Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 160-190 (45.07 - 53.52%) - 1.17% chance to 2HKO), now you can easily come on Salamence-Dragonite-Terrakion.

Finally I suggest you swap Thunder Wave with Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W because you are weak against Scizor SDBulky, with Will-O-Wisp you can burn and kill him after.

Ps:ninj'd by brii and Mr.Green xD

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover
- Draco Meteor

Tl;dr
Gengar--->Latias
Landorus-T---> 200 HP/244 Def/64 Atk (Impish Nature)
Rotom-W--->Will-O-Wisp

Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your Team.

~Leftiez

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thans for the rate guys !

Hey BROStime!

This is a cool sand team and its fairly solid as well. A few things look like major issues, however. The first noticable thing is the fact that you only have one water resist really. Breloom doesn't really count since his defenses are a meager 60 / 80 / 60, and this is going to leave you open to opposing rain teams. Keldeo looks like it has a great time versus your current line up since everything is 2HKO'd after Stealth Rock from one of its STAB's, even Rotom-W. Sun teams seem to be a weakness as well since you lack a Dragon, a Pokemon sun teams are commonly weak to, and you do not have a good switch in to Venusaur. Any form of Scizor is pretty problematic due to the fact you lack a Fire-type move. The rare Psychic Landorus can give you some problems as well, but that's not very common. Gengar seems like the most redundant member. For starters, its Ghost-typing isn't necessary on your team due to the fact you lack any form of Spikes. I understand that Gengar is your favorite Pokemon, but I don't think it is serving you well. Replacing Gengar with a Scarf Latias should serve you well as both a decent Water-resist and a Venusaur check. Additionally, Scarf Latias can afford to run Hidden Power Fire which somewhat helps with your Scizor weakness. I recommend Latias instead of Latios due to Healing Wish which can benefit one of your two sweepers. If this team lacked a major sweeper I'd have recommended Latios, but I digress. With EV's of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe and a moveset of Draco Meteor / Healing Wish / Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire and a Timid Nature, Latias should serve you well. I wish you the best of luck in your teambuilding endeavors.
Thanks for the rate Princess Bri.
So your suggestion about Latias is quite nice, but Gengar is not on my team only because it's my "favourite" pokemon it's there because it can revenge a lot off the meta especially boosting sweepers which can pose a huge threath especially pokemon's like SubCM Jirachi and Keldeo. Also Gengar give my team perfect synergy with not more than two pokemon sharing the same weaknesses, but the team covers it up, this means that im really playing this team on resistances. Also Mamoswine will pose a huge threath to my team if I change Gengar for Latios, which I won't feel really comfortable with.

Hi there.
It's a very interesting team, I appreciate a lot Rotom-W Chesto Rest, it is a formidable Set, but I see a weakness against Rotom-W, I explain you: even if you possess Breloom, it is a sweeper and Breloom is not a very good counter for Rotom because it can take a Will o Wisp and he's 4HKO by Volt switch, then the opponent can put a counter to force you to switch after Volt Switch and with this set breloom does not Drain punch or poison Heal, then you can't swap Breloom because it is your only counter for Gastrodon/Quagsire/Ferrothorn /..., then your team is very disadvantaged against Thundurus-T, if the opponent has Agility you can do anything, cauz Gengar is OHKO by Thunder, Tyranitar is OHKO by Focus Blast, then Rotom can easily die, (252 + SpA Life Orb Thundurus - T Thunder vs. 248 HP / 232 + SpD Rotom-W)(: 212-251 (69.96 - 82.83%) - guaranteed 2HKO) then Thundurus-T is generally played with the Rain and Keldeo that you can only counter with Rotom-W, the opponent can therefore weaken Rotom before set up with Thundurus, if the opponent does not have Keldeo it can also use Politoed. Then your team is very disadvantaged against the Teams Sun, you have nothing to Counter Venusaure or come easily on Ninetales, Landorus can take a Will O Wisp or a Solar Beam, and Rotom can't do anything against Ninetales under Sun because Hydropump is decreased, I suggest you put Latios LO on Gengar, Latias is a very good pokemon for your team, it can come easily on Rotom-W because it is a very well tank against Volt Switch and Hydropump, then he has Recover to heal, then he's 2HKO by Hidden Power Ice of Thundurus-T and you can kill him with Draco Meteor or kill him after with Bullet Punch of Scizor or Mach Punch of Breloom and Latias is a very good counter against the Sun's Teams, It can easily come on Ninetales and Venusaure and now you can tank easily Keldeo.

For Landorus-T I suggest you this spread "200 HP/244 Def/64 Atk (Impish Nature) because Landorus-T is your only counter against Salamence-Dragonite-Terrakion but with your spreadhe's 2HKO by Stone edge of Terrakion Bander after Intimidate, and it is 2HKO by Outrage of Dragonite/Salamence (Adamant) after Intimidate (-1 252 + Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 160-190 (45.07 - 53.52%) - 1.17% chance to 2HKO), now you can easily come on Salamence-Dragonite-Terrakion.

Finally I suggest you swap Thunder Wave with Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W because you are weak against Scizor SDBulky, with Will-O-Wisp you can burn and kill him after.

Ps:ninj'd by brii and Mr.Green xD
I agree that Rotom-W can be problematic, but it is handable which I do accept as it is not more than an annoyance for me. Landorus-T's spread is made to handle a portion off special walls, and making it that defensive and no speed will not help me out at all, but I will try to find a bulkier spread for it as it will help me vs Banded Terrakion. Also Thundurs-T is handable with smart switching, and they never expect Gengar running HP Ice which makes it fairly easy to revenge. The reason for running Scizor is because it's my main dragon check, therefore I run a more aggressive spread for Lanodrus-T. Venusaur is very handable, standard Venusaur is handled by Gengar + Scizor or even Gengar himself if Venusaur is weakened enough. But I might consider running W-O-W again as Scizor and Breloom now is even bigger threaths.

Conclusion:

So my conclusion is that I do think this team is a finished product, and there isn't a whole lot more to do without changing sets spreads as changing pokemon's will ruin the synergy. But anyway thanks for all the rates it has made me look at my team from another view, and for that im thankfull. :pimp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)