Far Beyond Driven

irieisagirlsname

Banned deucer.
hi, this is my first rmt. i've used this team to peak #12 on the smogon leaderboard under the username roscoe. its a semistall team, which is my favorite playstyle because its pretty easy to play with while maintaining effectiveness. without further ado, i present Far Beyond Driven:

at a glance:

in-depth:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 132 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Tar, the obligatory weather changer, sets up Stealth Rock, a must on every team, and sandstorm, which lets Excadrill do his thing. He also checks Lati@s and Reuniclus, some of the more dangerous threats in the metagame. Fire Blast roasts Ferrothorn and Skarmory who try to set up hazards in my face. I can't switch directly into Politoed but I can send in Latias or Rotom-W to scare it out before sending in Tar through a double switch or Volt Switch, respectively, so I can change the weather. Ttar is my team preview lead but thats just so I can send in Rotom and Volt Switch for the switch advantage as I scare away their Tar check.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias is a pretty underrated sweeper with its combination of speed and bulk, along with its access to reliable recovery. HP Fire mauls Scizor and Ferrothorn after a boost, especially with Spikes on the field. Max speed is nice to tie with opposing base 110s like Lati@s and Gengar, although its not exactly too necessary, I suppose, and I could use some extra bulk because its meant to take hits while setting up - an alternate spread would be much appreciated.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarm provides my hazards which aid my trio of attackers break through the opponent. He checks alot of threatening physical sweepers, such as Landorus, Scizor, Garchomp, Scrafty, Conkeldurr and Excadrill. Also, he's a pretty decent cushion to Latios' powerful Specs Draco Meteors because of his steel typing and access to instant recovery.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Scizor is a great mon in this metagame. He can grab a boost easily thanks to his excellent resistances, and once that boost is obtained, he can tear through teams with little effort. Tyranitar supports him well because he can Fire Blast the Skarms that would otherwise spike in Sciz's face. The heavy SpD investment lets him check Reuniclus.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Rotom is one of my favorite Pokemon in this metagame. I usually send it out first because it can take advantage of what the opponent will start with once they see Tar in my lead slot (see: Politoed). Trick can mess up Blissey/Chansey and HP Fire is a great move for surprise killing Ferrothorn. Volt Switch scouts well and can really force my opponent's hand in conjunction with multiple hazards.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return
- Swords Dance

My last sweeper, who also doubles as my revenge killer. He outspeeds everything in the game, which is just incredible. EQ+Rock Slide is great coverage and Return is a great attack for killing SD isn't really necessary all the time because of Exca's already-huge power and hazard support, but it's useful nonetheless because his synergy with my other guys creates a ton of free turns. An example of this would be Latias getting pursuited by Scarftar. If Scizor has sufficiently weakened their Gliscor into 2HKO range (2HKO because of Air Balloon) then it's gg.
Conclusion
So thats my team, thanks for reading and please leave advice below!

ShoutOut: BKC-Helped me with damn near the whole rmt,well actually the whole thing.Good at the game,well respected battler and great friend.Thanks :D

Hi roscoe, great team. My only issue with it is that you're lacking a solid switchin to fighting types - CB Terrakion can really do a number on this team by just spamming Close Combat. A well played Bulk Up Conkeldurr can also give you trouble. My suggestion is to try SD Gliscor over Scizor - they play similarly but Gliscor gives you a damn near perfect fighter counter.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Impish | EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Swords Dance | Taunt | Earthquake | Ice Fang

The speed investment gets the jump on opposing Gliscor, the defense EVs hit a bonus point and the rest goes into HP for overall durability.

With that change, you become quite weak to CM Reuniclus. This is easily fixed by using Roar > HP Fire on Latias - this way you can boost alongside it and then phaze it out, proceeding to sweep or at least severely dent the opposing team. This strategy is absolutely lethal with hazard support. Try an EV spread of 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 Spe - it outruns Jolly Garchomp and lets you pack a bit more punch behind your Dragon Pulse.

Some other nitpicks: try X-Scissor over Return on Excadrill. This helps pick off weakened Lati@s and Reuniclus; losing the ability to hit Rotom-W isn't too huge because Latias eats them alive. Also, on Skarmory, drop 4 EVs from SpD and put them into defense for a bonus point. That's all I can really suggest; great team, good luck!

irieisagirlsname

Banned deucer.
Hi roscoe, great team. My only issue with it is that you're lacking a solid switchin to fighting types - CB Terrakion can really do a number on this team by just spamming Close Combat. A well played Bulk Up Conkeldurr can also give you trouble. My suggestion is to try SD Gliscor over Scizor - they play similarly but Gliscor gives you a damn near perfect fighter counter.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Impish | EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Swords Dance | Taunt | Earthquake | Ice Fang

The speed investment gets the jump on opposing Gliscor, the defense EVs hit a bonus point and the rest goes into HP for overall durability.

With that change, you become quite weak to CM Reuniclus. This is easily fixed by using Roar > HP Fire on Latias - this way you can boost alongside it and then phaze it out, proceeding to sweep or at least severely dent the opposing team. This strategy is absolutely lethal with hazard support. Try an EV spread of 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 Spe - it outruns Jolly Garchomp and lets you pack a bit more punch behind your Dragon Pulse.

Some other nitpicks: try X-Scissor over Return on Excadrill. This helps pick off weakened Lati@s and Reuniclus; losing the ability to hit Rotom-W isn't too huge because Latias eats them alive. Also, on Skarmory, drop 4 EVs from SpD and put them into defense for a bonus point. That's all I can really suggest; great team, good luck!

Hey BKC thanks for the rate.I see exactly what you mean.Bulk up Conkeldurr really got to me and scizor plays a very small role in my team anyway so ill definently give scizor a chance.Thanks for the rate :D

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A nitpick - Excadrill have 4 spare EVs that can be used.

Roar is a good alternative choice over HP Fire. Makes the most use out of the entry hazards that Skarmory and Tyranitar set up, and allows Latias to phaze out Calm Mind Reunicles and Virizion. Since it is a defensive monster that cannot dish out damage immediately, Spikes Shuffling is an effective method to wear down the opposing team. Taking out Ferrothorn with HP Fire is just as useful though, but it also makes Latias an easy TTar bait, which has Pursuit more often than Scizor does.

Do you really need the Special Defense on Skarmory, with a Specially Defensive Scizor, Latias, and Tyranitar? I prefer investing those EVs into either Defense or Speed. With Speed investment, Taunt > Brave Bird may be good for this team to prevent the opposing Skarmory / Forretress / Ferrothorn from just Spiking up with you, but that may put you at a disadvantage against Magic Bounce Espeon. However, Magic Bounce Espeon is a set-up bait for Latias and Scizor anyways.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hello Roscoe, this team is very good although you should watch out for rain dance teams as Specs Politoed really hurts this team being able to pretty much switch in and 2HKO everything, even Latias has a good chance of being 2HKOed after Stealth Rock damage is taken into account. For starters Tyranitar could use a more defensive spread. Specs Latios threatens to 2HKO that Tyranitar if you switch it into surf which is never optimal. I would suggest that you switch to an EV spread of 252 HP | 48 SpA | 200 SpD | 8 Spe with a Chople Berry over Leftovers. This will allow you to not get 2HKOed by Specs Latios' surf meaning that you can switch in much more safely. 48 SpA guarantees a 2HKO on both Skarmory and Ferrothorn with Fire Blast still, although you may want to try out Superpower over Pursuit since you can hurt other Tyranitar with it as you outrun them since you're running 8 Spe EVs. Chople Berry just helps you against threats such as Thundurus, Reuniclus, and Gengar since you can take a focus blast and KO back with the respective move. To be honest, I would just try bulking up Rotom's EV spread a bit. This will allow you to at least take water attacks slightly better. A defensive Rotom with the spread of 252 HP | 168 Def | 88 Spe and a Modest Nature with Thunderbolt | Hydro Pump | Will-o-Wisp | Pain Split and Lefties will allow you to actually check Excadrill a bit better. Although the big change is that you could try running Ferrothorn over Skarmory. Ferrothorn will allow you to harass rain teams in combination with Rotom-W and Tyranitar. Also, if you decide to run Roar on Latias, the loss of Whirlwind with Skarmory isn't really that big anymore. You should also try running Gliscor like BKC said since its one of the best Excadrill checks around and it doesn't leave it all up to Rotom and your Excadrill, and allows you to check Conkeldurr much more easily!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP | 48 Def | 208 SpD Iron Barbs
Spikes | Gyro Ball | Power Whip | Leech Seed

Other than that, this team looks pretty nice. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)