Not open for further replies.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
FEEL THE FLOW

upload_2015-7-4_14-57-33.png

Listen to me!

Introduction
Yo guys! I'm back with another team. This time, I'm not using a PU mon as the star, haha. Instead I'm focusing more on standard mons. The playstyle itself is meant to be hyper offense, being able to blitz through the foe's team. They provide a lot of coverage for each other. I also wanted to build around Mega Absol this time.

The Teambuilding Process
--->

The mon I wanted to build around. Pretty cool niche due to sucker punch + magic bounce.

These two appreciate each other a lot. Terrakion being weak to psychic opens lots of opportunities for Absol to switch in and net a KO.

I wanted a mon with defog in case hazards get up and I decided on Mew. It has decent bulk and can Knock Off any threats with Eviolite or Leftovers.

The team was still weak to fairies, and Gengar was a great option here!

I just wanted to fit Landorus Therian somewhere on this team. It fit well, due to it having some sort of momentum via U Turn.

This is a great wallbreaker. What are switchins?

Celebi actually gave my team a core (Baton pass + U Turn) so I felt it would fit well.

I wanted a Defog mon now. It also now formed a VoltTurn core. Pretty much fit the bill.

In Depth

-->

Absol @ Absolite

Ability: Justified --> Magic Bounce (Mega)
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

This is the star of the team. Really nothing special about the set, really. I run Sucker Punch because of how well it works with Magic Bounce. Knock Off is always a great dark type STAB option. Ice Beam is used to hit Garchomp and Landorus Therian hard. I aldo run Superpower for the Heatran and Tyranitar that may step into my path. The EVs allow me to have some sort of special attack in my arsenal. I'm also running naive to make sure my ability doesn't hinder its special attacking performance.

Terrakion @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
I will mostly lead with this, as it'll allow some chip damage before Absol can step in and tear stuff up. It's still powerful, packing Life Orb to increase damage output. I have Taunt in case of defog users or status users. The 2 STABs are super powerful, netting me a KO almost all the time. It also has great offensive synergy with Absol, being able to switch out against incoming psychic type attacks. However, it's still fairly weak to fairy and fighting types.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
This little bugger provides very useful momentum with Baton pass, as I'll be able to escape Pursuit. Most of my main attackers are physical, but nasty plot is for Gengar and Celebi itself if they need it. Giga Drain is a standard STAB, being able to provide some recovery without just using Recover. However, if I do want to get lots of HP back (let's say I predict a switch), then I'll just recover. This specially defensive EV spread of 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe can be used to take hits better from Kingdra, Raikou, Latios, Latias, and Keldeo.

Gengar @ Black Sludge

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute / Sludge Wave
Oh boy, here's the boogie man! I didn't want to run a straight up offensive Gengar set. Instead I wanted to annoy users with Will-O-Wisp while still benefiting from it (Hex). Taunt is in case any opponents want to stall out or just taunt me. I had a very tough time deciding on which to choose with Sub and Sludge Wave. In the end, I selected Sludge Wave. It will help me out against fairies a lot. Black Sludge will give me some sort of recovery and max speed to make the best out of Gengar (it's just a fast mon overall).

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Come in and KO or U Turn. That's pretty much what this thing does. There isn't much to say here, to be honest. EQ is a standard STAB attack and Stone Edge hits Zard Y, Talonflame, and Volcarona and OHKO's. If I feel the need to rid of the opponent's item, I'll Knock off. And to net a KO or gain extra momentum, I'll U Turn. I'm running the scarf variant because I'm already running a stealth rocker, and 2 would be unnecessary for this team as the main focus isn't stack hazards and sweep. Oh and Intimidate is good to annoy physical attackers.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
The defogger of the team. I would run Heat Wave, but I needed Defog in case hazards get up. Roost offers recovery for Zapdos in case its HP gets low and HP Ice is good coverage. Volt Switch offers a STAB and momentum once more. It also opens up a Volt Turn core (as well as baton pass). Celebi is already covered with physical defensive EVs, so I put on a special defensive set. Pretty standard here.

Threatlist
/
- After an SD, this thing can almost sweep. Especially if it has roost, then my best bet is Landorus. This would be another reason to run Heat Wave on Zapdos.
- Same applies here. After 1 Dragon Dance, it can almost sweep the whole team. Stopping it is all dependent on Landorus, tbh.
- I can easily deal with normal Gyarados even at plus 1. I just have to use Zapdos to either KO or force it out. However, this thing is another case.

Replay(s)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-246605949

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-246608320

Importable

Conclusion

I wanted to use a nice Hyper Offense team. I ended up using one of my favorite megas and made it work! I hope you all like the team.

Last edited:
Just a little detail : In The Teambuilding Process, I think you wrote 'sucker punch + magic guard' wrong.
Absol does not get magic guard but magic bounce.
And also you should really run heat wave over hidden power ice for scizor.

Thanks for using my favorite mega! And really nice team overall. I'd like to point out some things:

Zapdos does not have full 510/508 EVs. You only have 248 SpA, with 4 HP.

Also, if set-up sweepers are a problem, you could always Taunt it so it can't set up. You have two taunters on your team, plus VoltTurn to get them in.

Although it isn't that common now, you have literally no switchins to Kyurem-B. Also, if Celebi is down, BD Azumarill easily sweeps your team; and even if Celebi is not dead Azumarill can still tank a hit barring Nasty Plot and can OHKO with Knock Off or Play Rough. I would suggest Unaware Clefable in place of Gengar, which takes on BD Azumarill and checks most Kyurem variants, because to be honest you shouldn't be using Hex Gengar without multiple status spreaders and hyper offensive doesn't really spread much status anyway. Unaware Clefable can also heal status off your other Pokemon, which is quite valuable because Absol, Landorus, and Terrakion would not appreciate getting burnt.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey.

this rmt violates rule #6 of the rmt forum (only make 1 new rmt per 2 weeks) because your previous rmt was posted less than two weeks ago on 29 june 2015. i'm locking this thread for now and will unlock it once it's been 2 weeks since the date your previous rmt was posted. please don't hesitate to pm / vm me if you have any more questions about the rules of the rmt forum, which you can view here.

have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)