First OU team RMT Please

I haven't tested this team thoroughly yet, but during the times that I did, it was quite successful. I don't really like stalling, I prefer to end the game quickly. I'm not liking the idea of choice items because it limits my moveset. This is my first team so I may not be aware of many threats.

My team at a glance

Lead

Metagross@Occa Berry
Adamant-252Atk, 244HP, 12Spe
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Bullet Punch

Metagross can easily set up stealth rock. His nice defense allows an easy and fast stealth rock. He's the replacement of Bronzong because he has more attack but is less bulky. Metagross is the lead instead of Ninjask because I don't really believe that my team is in need of speed. He can't be OHKO by common leads like Swampert and plus he can't take on Baton passers such as Ninjask. Occa berry also helps reduce vicious stab fire attacks. I don't know what more to say since Im inexperienced and am not used to threats.

Roto-C @ choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Leaf Storm
Trick

Rotom C can deal with Gyarados and Gengar. While its leaf storm can deal with bulky water types such as Swampert. Trick is always is good thing, allowing me to lock an opponent's pokemon. Thunderbolt is for starmie as well as Gyarados.

Heatran@ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Timid
252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef

Substitute
Earth Power
Hidden Power Grass
Fire Blast

After being stealth rock-ed Heatran can 2HKO Blissey with fire blast. Hidden power grass can deal with bulky waters such as Swampert.
Substitute and life orb may look a little overkill but if you sub as they switch in their bulky water you can 2HKO it whereas without the sub you would just have to predict.

Salamence (MixMence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimitate
Naive
EV's: 16 ATK, 252 SPEED, 240 SPC ATK
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Outrage

One of my favorite Pokemons. Mixmence has its advantages since its more able to use Draco Meteor to its fullest, allowing it to 2HKO Blissey. While outrage may have its disadvantages, its quite a devastating physical move. Flamethrower and earthquake allow salamence to have more type coverage.

Rapid Spinner

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid-216Spe, 136HP, 156Def
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Rapid Spin

A rapid spinner is really needed in my party since stealth rock can present a problem to my party. He can take on Nasty plot Infernape and can even take on DD Gyrados. Surf can easily take on Mamoswine. Starmie's speed and it's ability to recover makes it tough to take down. Thunderbolt is for taking on Gyrados.

Lucario@Life Orb
Adamant- 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Crunch
Lucario, being one of the best OU late sweepers, can OHKO a bronzong and skarmory, if stealth rock is already used. Frail Pokemon can be easily taken down after a Swords Danced Extreme Speed is used. I chose Crunch over ice punch and stone edge since my team lacks the ability to easily take down bulky Gengars an so on.

Im an inexperienced trainer and my party probably has many flaws. Advice and feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Hello

Your team seems the be alright, but i recommend fire blast for heatran because the damage output will be better in the long run and you should put a scarf on tran because it makes taking down Latias, Mence, Infernape, Scizor, etc a lot easier. As for Rotom-F, blizzard is not very reliable, so i would reccomend using Rotom-C because you need counters to swampert and ghosts. I recommend this moveset:

EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Modest (Timid makes you faster,but modest makes your attacks stronger)
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Leaf Storm
Trick

Or if you want a slightly less offensive approach use this moveset:

EV's: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:

Discharge
Shadow Ball
Leaf Storm
Will-o-wisp

Both of these movesets are effective, but it depends on what you want on your team, the choice scarf one allows you to revenge kill, but the leftovers one allows you to stall a bit more. Thunderbolt/Discharge and Shadow Ball are your two reliable STAB's. Hope that helped

Hey nice team :D

I have no clue why you would need to run 3 choice scarfers, and Jirachi has the exact same typing as Metagross.
Jirachi should be replaced by a late-game sweeper like Lucario, who has great synergy with Salamence.

Rotom-C should be changed to a heat form, to revenge kill opposing Lucario.
Heatran should hold a life orb, like Bulldogs said, and should have HP Grass just to deal with Swampert. Explosion is an option over Substitute to go out with a bang, possibly clearing the way for a Lucario sweep.

I hope I helped!

How the hell does a Blissey wall his team?
Every pokemon outspeeds it, and only Starmie and Heatran can't beat it.

Well, my Salamence and 2OHKO a Blissey with the help of stealth rock and Im sure that Lucario can inflict major damage with Swords dance+ Close Combat.
And what do you mean by defense? Like Im not covering a certain type?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)