ORAS OU First Rate-My-Team

I'm fairly new to Pokemon Showdown and I'm looking for help on my OU team. Here's a list of the Pokemon in my team and their setups. I've tested them in battle and they have won at least half of the battles but I still need help with things like EVS and natures.

Celebi:
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Big Root
EVS: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
Nature: Rash
Moves: Leech Seed, Psychic, Recover, HP Fire
I chose Celebi because I wanted a grass type so I could use leech seed and steal health and I didn't want a single type grass type. As I said, Celebi will be there to steal health and with the big root it does so faster. Because Celebi is a psychic type it can clear out fighting types. Leech seed is there to steal Heath with the help of big root, psychic is there to clear fighting types, recover is used to recover Celebi's fragile body, and HP Fire is used to get rid of ice types and other grass types which are one of Celebi's main weaknesses.

Gliscor:
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
EVS: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Naive
Moves: Fire Fang, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Facade
Gliscor is in the team to resist ground types and electric types. He is also a slight annoyance because of the Toxic and Facade Combo. Fire Fang gets the ice types which are a main threat to Gliscor. Stealth Rock is used for switch-out damage to the foe. Toxic poisons the foe and Facade deals 2x damage after I set that up. The Toxic Orb on Poison Heal is better than leftovers because it heals more.

Mega Scizor:
Ability: Technician
Item: Scizorite
EVS: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Swords Dance, Roost, Bullet Punch, U-turn
Mega Scizor is on the team to attack grass types, dark types, psychic types, ice types, rock types, and fairy types. I use Scizor to switch out a lot with U-turn and to fight the fairy type threats off for my Black Kyurem. Bullet punch fights fairies and has priority. Swords dance powers up U-turn and Bullet Punch. U-turn is used to hit and switch on mostly dark types for me. Roost is for healing back up.

Azumarill:
Ability: Sap Sipper
Item: Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Nature: Adament
Moves: Scald, Knock Off, Encore, Play Rough
Azumarill is part of the team to mess with the opponent. Azumarill is my water type and my fairy type so I can take care of fire and dragon types. Scald is for attacking fire and grass types because of the chance for burn. Knock off is used to get rid of an item I don't want on an opponent (Ex. Leftovers). Encore can mess with the opponent by making them use a move that didn't have much of an effect on Azumarill or making them repeat a move that leads to their downfall. Play rough is for attacking dragon types.

Black Kyurem:
Ability: Teravolt
Item: Scope Lens
EVS: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpA
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Dragon Claw, Fusion Bolt, Shadow Claw, Ice Beam
Black Kyurem is on my team as the only Dragon type. I needed a dragon type to handle other dragon types and to attack almost all types. Kyurem is one of my sweepers on the team. Dragon claw attacks other dragon types and almost every other type. Fusion bolt is my only electric type move and it is very strong against water types. Shadow claw takes care of ghost types and ice beam doubles on dragon claw for taking out dragons.

Charizard:
Ability: Blaze
Item: Shell Bell
EVS: 252 AtK 252 Spe 4 SpD
Moves: Fire Punch, Dragon Tail, Defog, Earthquake
Charizard is on the team because I needed a fire type and a defogger. He is a fast sweeper and he can get rid of stealth rock. Fire Punch can cause burn, Dragon Tail forces switches, Defog gets rid of stealth rock and spikes, and Earthquake is for coverage.

Please help, and be free to change anything that you think would help. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, c'mon guys I want some suggestions please. I'm new and I need some help. I'll try to battle some more for a while, later. Appreciate the help. :pimp:

Your team take a 6-0 by zardy, use no mega charizard to defog is a suicide, you're very weak at the rocks, and you have to change something in all of your pokemon set . Tell me which pokemon you prefer to stay in team. If you want i can try to fix your team with you.

Alright, I tried it out for awhile KidMagic. It works pretty well and I faced a Gengar and Starmie rekt him. Thanks for helping me out, I just started this showdown thing awhile ago. :pimp:

Yeah, what they said is right and as I don't have time to do a full RMT today I will simply explain he proper use of azumarill if you choose to use him on this team or in the future.
Azumarill is really only an option because of an amazing ability in Huge Power, which doubles the attack stat at no cost! It gets amazing moves that work well with this, waterfall, knock off, Aqua jet, play rough, superpower, and it even gets belly drum! You could run a choice band set with Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Superpower/Knock Off. Or a belly drum set with sitrus berry or salac berry with the moves Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Belly Drum/Knock off. Go for 252 attack and speed and 4 in HP or Special Defense.
Hope I helped!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that belly drum set is much stronger, however it isn't used as much since it cuts half your HP off.

Just gonna run down each spread, since there are a lot of things I want to say:
Celebi:
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Big Root
EVS: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
Nature: Rash
Moves: Leech Seed, Psychic, Recover, HP Fire

Rash is not a good Nature since losing out of SpDef only hinder you. I'd recommend Modest.
Big Root is not a good item. Leftovers is a much more reliable and better in pretty much every scenario. I'd say run Recover > Leech Seed just because 50% recovery at once is really amazing over just 12% a turn. Though the whittle is a cool feature of Leech Seed, Celebi just does not have the bulk to be the most effective Leech Seed setter.

Gliscor:
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
EVS: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Naive
Moves: Fire Fang, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Facade

Ability and Item are cool, so are the EVs. I'd say run Jolly to be fast and have an offensive presence, which seems to be your goal with Gliscor.
This Gliscor set tries to do too many things. It's trying to be utility with SR and Toxic, but also offensive with Facade and Facade.
First, I'd put Earthquake on this set. STAB Earthquake is amazingly powerful and spammable. No matter the set, have EQ. If you want Utility Gliscor, I'd run HP and a SpDef and/or Def investment and Roost over Fire Fang and Protect over Facade. If you want an offensive set, I'd run Swords Dance, Earthquake, Roost, Knock Off/ Stone Edge.

Azumarill:
Item: Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Scald, Knock Off, Encore, Play Rough

It seems like a utility Azu to take on grass types? But it needs some polish.
You could run Anti-Zard Azu, because any variant of Mega Zard 6-0s your team, which would be pretty cool.
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
It doesn't hit exceptionally hard, but it will beat either variant 1 on 1.

Black Kyurem:
Ability: Teravolt
Item: Scope Lens
EVS: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpA
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Dragon Claw, Fusion Bolt, Shadow Claw, Ice Beam

Scope lens does nothing for you. Life orb or even Choice scarf (to outspeed some faster things) is a better choice (haha!). If you run Scarf, run Outrage > Dragon Claw? That's my personal preference. You don't need the bulk investment. The investment should go into Atk, SpAtk, and Speed. Mild is a better nature over Naughty. Shadow Claw coverage isn't necessary and it's better to run Earth Power, Roost, or HP Fire.

Charizard:
Ability: Blaze
Item: Shell Bell
EVS: 252 AtK 252 Spe 4 SpD
Moves: Fire Punch, Dragon Tail, Defog, Earthquake
Charizard is on the team because I needed a fire type and a defogger. He is a fast sweeper and he can get rid of stealth rock. Fire Punch can cause burn, Dragon Tail forces switches, Defog gets rid of stealth rock and spikes, and Earthquake is for coverage.

For a Fire type, normal Charizard is not a good choice For a Defogger, a Fire/Flying type is not a good choice. Zard goes not enjoy coming into Stealth Rocks. Normal Zard is extremely outclassed and Shell Bell is outclassed by Leftovers. For an effective Defogger consider Mandibuzz or Skarmory. If you want a more offensive way to get rid of hazards, consider Starmie as a Rapid Spinner.

You have some cool ideas, they just need some development c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)