ORAS Doubles OU First RMT - OU Doubles Trick Room Team

I started off playing in Monotype and OU, and after a while I've got a bit bored of them, so I wanted to try making a Trick Room Doubles Team, as it seemed like quite a lot of fun.

The team still needs some ironing out, which is why I asked for help here I guess ;)

The Team

Now for a closer a look at each of the individual Pokemon!

Cresselia

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Cresselia is usually one of the first Pokemon to be sent out in a battle, unless I have a very good reason for doing so. She is a good supporter, and she usually sets up both screens, which is extremely helpful, but she doesn't hit very hard, and I can't help but think that I could probably be doing something much more useful with her.

Aromatisse

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Charge Beam

Aromatisse is usually my other lead, along with Cresselia. She hasn't failed to set up Trick Room yet, and Aroma Veil makes her really frustrating and stops her from being taunted etc. Heal Pulse is also good to use once Cresselia has been picked off, and it's very helpful to heal Gallade and Diancie when their health runs low. Attack wise, she doesn't really do much. I tried changing up Moonblast for Dazzling Gleam, but the amount of damage it was doing really wasn't worth it most of the time. Charge Beam is for when she doesn't really have much to do, and I can hope that she gets the Sp. A boost so she can start doing some damage. I really need advice on what I should be running on her, tbh.

Chandelure

Chandelure (M) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Chandy is where I start to get more confident. He can come in after a Trick Room (or after setting up his own, if I have the opportunity) and spam Heat Wave against most teams that don't carry Heatran. Shadow Ball is for STAB, and taking out any Psychic or Ghost types, and Energy Ball is for coverage against Water and Ground types. Chandelure boats massive Sp. A and with Infiltrator, he can hit past screens and subs, which makes him an amazing sweeper.

Gallade

Gallade @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room

Gallade is this teams answer to Steel-types. Close Combat can pretty much OHKO anything it needs to, while Sitrus Berry gives him enough longevity to survive more than one turn. Knock off is a useful filler move that can help me against many pokemon, especially Dusclops. Wide Guard stops people from spamming Heat Wave and Earthquake to keep Abomasnow long enough to hopefully take the enemies down. He's also a pretty good Trick Room user as well, and once in a while I lead with him instead of Aromatisse.

Diancie

Diancie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Trick Room

Diancie is an amazing Trick Room sweeper, no doubt about it. Diamond Storm is a very reliable attack that I can spam a few times, and can do pretty heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Moonblast is there to take out Dragons like Salamence and Garchomp, and is also there for STAB. Heal Bell is there to help cure burn or paralysis that threatens my team, but I think I've only used it once or twice. I think I may replace it for another attacking move. Trick Room is there to help the rest of my team in the late game, when my Trick Room-ers have normally fainted, and allows her and what is left of my team have an advantage. I feel like I need to find a new item for her though, Expert Belt just doesn't seem to be doing enough, but I don't want her to get slowly beaten by Life Orb.

M-Abomasnow

->

Abomasnow (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Protect

Abomasnow is the Mega Pokemon of this team, and he does an amazing job. Guaranteed Blizzard does a number on a lot of Pokemon, and Giga Drain and Earthquake are good coverage moves that allow him to hit most Pokemon pretty well. He can only really be sent out when I'm sure anything carrying a fire type move is out the way, but if I have Gallade or Diancie, I can protect him with either Wide Guard, or knock the Fire type out of the way with Diamond Storm. Protect is there for when I'm pretty sure that both opposing Pokemon are attacking him.​

So that's my team! Any input on them would be amazing, especially on Aromatisse and Cresselia, who I feel could be doing more to support my team. If I need to, I can replace Pokemon if another does a better job.

First off you don't need that many trick room setters on your team. For full trick room 2-3 setters is usually enough. Some of your sets are a little unorthodox and you also have no support to get trick room up(fake out, follow me, rage powder ect). I would recommend getting rid of Gallade, and swapping it for a Scrafty with fake out so it can help you get trick room up. I would also swap out Aromatise for a specs Sylveon to give your team some offensive presence. I changed some of the sets around as well.

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Scrafty @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard/Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp/Protect
- Trick Room

Thanks for adding pictures into your rmt, really makes it enjoyable to look through :] If you have any questions about the spreads or doubles in general just ask.

Thanks, those changes look like they could really help my team out!

I didn't think about using Scrafty, but it seems like it would be a better Pokemon to use over Gallade, so thanks for that! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)