First RMT

My First Hyper Offense

Hi Smogon community. I built a team that wasn't weather since I am tired of weather wars. It has been working pretty well but I decided to post it for some advice. The teams seems to either sweep really fast or just die fast lol. I have bolded changes made from the suggestions of forum members.

The Team

Azelf @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower

I decided after some testing to switch out Espeon as suggested by Uomo. I went with Azelf as my new screen setter.
Though I'll miss Baton Passing from Pursuit and Magic Bounce this set still proved to be more helpful to my team.
I gave Azelf Light Clay so the screens can be up as long as possible without it having to apply them again.
Azelf sets up the all important Stealth Rock to help my team score OHKO and 2HKOs on foes that would otherwise take more to drop.
Azelf then sets up the screens if it has the opportunity otherwise setting them up later when its threats are removed. Flamerthrower is its last move as suggested by Shining Latios. It lets me OHKO Scizor outside of rain who is commonly sent in to Pursuit kill Azelf. It can also OHKO or 2HKO on switch Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Breloom.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Nature Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

My favorite Pokemon. Starmie serves as a fast heavy hitter with near perfect coverage.
I changed it to a rapid spin set as suggested but with an offensive version instead to get as much damage as possible as fast as possible.
Hydro Pump for as much damage as possible especially boosted if the opposing team is using rain.
The BoltBeam combo for near perfect coverage dealing with threats like Jellicent and non scarfed dragons. Starmie pairs well with Lucario as it can take fire and fighting Pokemon and strike back with a super effective Hydro Pump.
It also works well with Garchomp being able to take ice attacks aimed at her. Rapid Spin is Starmie's last move allowing it to remove field hazards for the team.

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dual Chop

My god this gal is a total beast! She is meant to tear through and weaken the opposing team and damn if she doesn't do that!
Choice Band lets her punch holes without any setup though of course locks me into a move.
Outrage deals with slower dragons and Pokemon neutral to it. Eartquake serves as secondary stab as well
as handling Pokemon like Heatran, Jirachi, and Metagross.
Fire Fang lets me handle Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor who could otherwise wall her.
Dual Chop lets me avoid confusion from Outrage if the extra damage isn't needed.
It also lets me reak through substitutes, sashes and Sturdy. She works well with Starmie taking absorbing Electric attacks aimed at it.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Suggested by Novaray and Superpowerdude Latios was added to help check my weakness to Chlorophyll Venusaur and Scarf Keldeo.
When not checking those two he also serves as my revenge killer.
Latios is able to handle both my biggest threats with Psyshock as well other Pokemon like Gengar and Breloom.
Draco Meteor lets him revenge kill dragons and weaken foes neutral to dragon.
Surf allows me to hit steels that resist his STABs bar Ferrothorn. Trick finishes this set allowing him to lock walls and sweepers trying to set up on him.
He also resists a few of my team's weaknesses and works especially well with Lucario who is weak to Fight, Fire, and Ground.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- HP Ice
- Thunderbolt

I change him slightly as suggested by Uomo. My clean up and possible sweeper. With both Agility and Nasty Plot he can serve as Special wallbreaker or sweeper. Leftovers was placed on him so he can recover while setting up one or both of his boosting moves. I choose Timid and this EV spread so he can be as fast as possible when not using Agility.
After one agility he outruns many Pokemon and strikes back with a nasty SpA.
If speed is not an issue then he can use Nasty Plot instead to break down walls Gliscor, Jellicent, Tentacruel, and defensive Politoed.
Thunderbolt is his stab of choice letting him deal with Pokemon like Starmie, Jellicent, Vaporeon, Skarmory, and Tornadus-T.
HP Ice lets him run through most Dragons and Gliscor. He pairs well with Starmie who draws lightning attacks for Thundurus to absorb.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

My second sweeper and main cleanup Pokemon. Life orb gives him some power while he boosts his attack.
Close Combat for stab and handling fight weak Pokemon.
ExtremeSpeed is used for heavy neutral damage as well as picking off weaken Pokemon.
I chose Bullet Punch for a second fast attack against Gengar and Terrakion. I have enough ice coverage already.
Lucario pairs well with most of team in general taking and dishing out damage for their checks.

Final Thoughts

So that's my hyper offensive team in a nutshell. It has preformed pretty well but I am still looking for some advice since I am new to competitive battling. Thanks for reading this and any possible advice you might give me!

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Yggdrasill00

Solid offensive team you've built here. I really like your use of some underrated offensive sets such as Choice Specs Starmie and Agility Thundurus-T. Looking at your team, a major threat to is Chlorophyll Venusaur. Under sunlight, Venusaur outspeeds your entire team and can hit everything hard with its standard coverage of Giga Drain and Hidden Power Fire. Choice Scarf Keldeo is also a threat to your team as the pony can outspeed your entire team and nothing on it can really take Hydro Pumps from its base 129 Special Attack, especially Rain-boosted ones. For these threats, I recommend replacing Choice Scarf Mamoswine with a Choice Scarf Latios with a moveset of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Trick. Scarf Latios can outspeed Modest Venusaur in sunlight and dispose of the frog using Psyshock. It also beats Keldeo easily with this move and Latios resists both of Keldeo's Water and Fighting STABs. Scarf Latios can also take on the Dragon-type revenge killer role that Mamoswine currently fills as he can outspeed all the Dragon-types in OU even after a +1 Speed boost from Dragon Dance from the lives of Salamence and OHKO with Draco Meteor. Surf is used as a coverage move against those that resist Latios' STABs such as Heatran and Skarmory. Trick is a great move in the last moveslot to cripple walls that Latios can not break through against. By Tricking them a Choice Scarf, these walls will be locked into one move and their ability to wall things is greatly decreased.

Now for some smaller changes. On Garchomp, I suggest Dragon Claw over Dual Chop. Dual Chop is nice to break Substitutes but the 90% accuracy is quite off-putting and the 100% accuracy of Dragon Claw is typically more beneficial. On Lucario, Life Orb is the superior option to Leftovers. Life Orb gives Lucario a much needed damage boost so he can achieve OHKO's that he cannot without it. Leftovers is not very useful on it as Lucario is too frail to be taking many attacks, even behind Dual Screen support so the recovery is not needed. Also, Lucario should be used as a lategame sweeper so you need to be hitting as hard as possible and not really about trying to tank hits.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Trick

tl;dr
Choice Scarf Mamoswine ----> Choice Scarf Latios
Dual Chomp on Garchomp ----> Dragon Claw
Leftovers on Lucario ----> Life Orb

Thanks for the advice Novaray. Glad you like my Starmie and Thundurus. I bolded the Life Orb change on Lucario like you suggested. I'll test out Dragon Claw though Dual Chop has been serving me well and has rarely missed. I feel you may be right about replacing Mamoswine though I'm slightly cautious of using Latios as a replacement having another pursuit weak Pokemon as well as three Pokemon weak to Dark, Bug, Ghost, and Ice.

I haven't fought Scarf Keldeo yet though my team has handled the other versions fine. Scarf Keldeo scares me though now that you have mentioned it. I haven't fought any sun teams yet but I agree that Venusaur would be a big issue.

Any more advice from you guys would be welcomed. Especially with replacements for Mamoswine who hasn't been performering as well as the others.

Hey man instersting Hype offense team you have here, it seems to break away from the standard Deoxys-D + Gengar HO teams.

One big problem I noticed in your team is the lack of the move Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is just so important to halve Volcaronas health and break Dragonite Multiscale as well as do good damage to some significant threats in the OU metagame including Tornadus-T and Salamence. Also the fact that you have no entry hazards makes Pokemon with Sturdy or Focus Sash harder to take down. You may argue that with Magic Bounce Espeon can bounce hazards back but a lot of hazard setters beat Espeon anyway. Tyranitar can threaten it with Crunch and with Psychic as it's only attacking move Steel-types can beat it easily as well. As Novaray mentioned Venasaur and Choice Scarf Keldeo are quite threatening due to their blazing speed and coverage against your team.

While I do like Novarays suggestion of Choice Scarf Latios I really think you need Stealth Rock on your team. So changing Mamoswine to a Focus Sash Set would work great. With Stealth Rock on this set you no longer have a problem with not having an entry hazard anymore. Focus Sash may seem like an odd item choice but with Mamoswines typing he is immune to residual damage caused by weather and with Endeavor if he is on his Focus Sash he can bring an opponent down to 1 HP. Ice Shard's priority is quite cool to hopefully nab a cheap KO with Endeavor + Ice Shard. Earthqauke is their primarily for STAB. Mamoswine doesn't necassrily make a good revenge killer anyway seeing as he has acces to priority and his stab moves Ground and Ice can easily be exploited by Steel- and Flying-types should he get locked into the moves. This set on the other hand gives you the entry hazard every team needs and provides a nice form of priority in Ice Shard.

With this change you lack a Choice Scarf user. You could go with Novarays suggestion of Choice Scarf Latios which is a good one. I am not going to go into detial about it because you can just read Novarays post but it outspeeds Modest Venasaur and outspeeds Choice Scarf Keldeo while being able to hit them both Super effectively with Psyshock. Latios also resists a lot of their common moves. If you don't want to change to much you could use Choice Scarf Thunderous-T, however it has a harder time switching into Keldeo and it can't outspeed any Venasaur. If I would personally switch Starmie for Latios because your team doesn't need a spinner that much with Magic Bounce on Espeon and Latios shares similar typing to Starmie. My only other change is regarding your Espeon. If you lose Starmie entry hazard users like Ferrothorn and Forretress have a field day walling Espeon and beating it so to be able to bounce back their hazards and actually do something to them Hidden Power [Fire]>Baton Pass is a good suggestion so you can hit these Steel-types 4x super effectively. It also lets you lure in and ohko Scizor which is nice seeing as it can pick of Mamoswine with Ice Shard and trap Latios locked into Draco Meteor or Psyshock. While you do lose the ability to escape from Tyranitar, with Lucario, Thunderous-T and Garchomp you should have no troubles dealing with Tyranitar.

Good luck with the team I hope i helped!

Set

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash | Thick Fat
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock | Endeavor | Earthquake | Ice Shard

TL:DR
Mamoswine
.Choice Scarf Set--->Focus Sash Set

Thunderous-T--->Latios

Espeon
.Baton Pass--->Hidden Power [Fire]

~Superpowerdude

Thanks for replying Superpowerdude. One of the reasons I picked hyper offense was in the hopes of not having laying down hazards for once. You mention that Espeon will have issues with T-Tar and steels. I've had little issue with T-tar. Baton Passing out of there and letting him hit Lucario with Crunch. After taking a Justified attack boost T-tar would usually switch out while I boost my attack higher with SD. I haven't had to much trouble with Forretress or Forrothorn who have switched out many times most likely assuming my Espeon has HP Fire.

Now this is not saying what you said doesn't happen but through the battles so far I haven't run into the issues often enough to warrent a change there.

Both you and Novaray have agreed on adding Scarf Latios which makes me almost sure I need to fit him in there. I decided to replace Mamoswine with Latios that was suggested after some testing. I bolded the replacement in my original post.

Hey I got your PM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, your team hasn't the Stealth Rock. It's important against many threats like Dragonite, Salamence and Volcarona therefore I suggest you to use Stealth Rock, replacing Dual Chop on Garchomp. I'd use also Fire Blast, replacing Fire Fang, I'd change its nature into Naive nature and I'd use Focus Sash, replacing Choice Band. With this set Garchomp can put the Stealth Rock easily and it can also surprise and kill with Fire Blast Skarmory, for example, and that's nice to support Sword Dance Lucario. Then, on Espeon I'd use Hidden Power Fire, replacing Psychic. On Double Screen Espeon Hidden Power Fire is better than Psychic because it allows to hit hard Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Forretress which are problematic for your current Espeon because it can't do anything against them and they can damage it with Power Whip, Brave Bird, Gyro Ball and other offensive moves. Finally, on Starmie I suggest you to use Trick, replacing Psyshock. You can already hit the fighting type with Hydro Pump, except Keldeo, which Starmie hits with Thunderbolt so Psyshock is quite a useless move on your Starmie. Trick otherwise is useful against stall teams (you can use Trick against Chansey, Blissey and Ferrothorn for example to weaken them) and against some setupper which you can lock in their setup move.

Anyways, nice HO team! Good luck!

Thanks Alexander. I made the changes to Espeon and Starmie as you suggested. I'd like to keep Garchomp as a Choice Band user as she really shreds apart my opponents with the current build. Seems my issue now is having to set SR since its been suggested twice now. I may now switch out Espeon for a lead Azelf to retain setting up my screens as well as getting SR on to the field.

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi There, nice ho team!

I want make that this team exploit at 100% the screens for gain an easy setup for your Pokémon and devastate the opposing team thanks the combo "Screen-boost moves".
In this way you have the chance to close the match very quickly and take little damage from opponent's attack.
To do this I suggest that you insert RotomW dual screener instead of Starmie, the spinner in this team is useless 'cause you have already a magicbouncer and in your team there is only one stealthrock weak, so we would go to gain a second Pokémon that puts the screens and in combination with them Espeon would almost always in the field, we also gain a good counter for Tornadus.
At this point we need to take advantage of the screen and make your Pokémon more versatile with boosting moves.
First I want to advise you to make Thundurus Double Booster with Electric-Ice coverage. This Pokemon is a really versatile monster and can be adapted to any situation: if the opponent uses an offense team you use agility for clean the opponent's team thanks to his high speed, also BoltBeam coverage is one of the best able to cover a large part of the metagame.
However, if the opponent uses a stall is sufficient to use Nastyplot to achieve his devastating special attack and create huge holes to the opposing's team, so i want recommend a quick change of Thundurus: I'm talking about Lum Berry.
Thanks to Lum Berry will have the security to cure the status conditions that prevent you hit hard and decrease drastically your staying power, specially Bodyslam Jirachi would be to paralyze Thundurus and then you'd be Flinch with Ironhead and kill Thundurus, or even Chansey with toxic can kill you very quickly.
In essence, the Lum Berry would be to help much against the defensive Pokémon that you should kill.
For the second thing you should change the set of Garchomp making SwordDancer @ YacheBerry with 3 attacks, so you can take advantage of the screen boosting yourself and take neutral damage from Mamoswine's IceShard thanks to the combination of screens and YacheBerry.
The set is the standard: outrage and earthquake are the mainstab to make the greatest possible damage to much of the metagame 'cause Ground-Dragon is an excellent coverage while as the last slot put FireFang to hit better Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress and Bronzong.
This is a particoular team, doesn't require the stealth rock like the others 'cause through the screens you have more chances to hit the opponent so the slot can exploit in other ways.
Every time that you use a screen it is active for 8 turns and the opponent has the power halved so you don't even need worry about using a turn to break the Dragonite's scale because he'll do it anyway little damage.

Sets:
>RotomW dual screen over Starmie
>Thundurus double boost @Lumberry
>Garchomp SwordDance @YacheBerry

Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-W @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Thanks for the Rate Mosquiton. I like your ideas but it seems to be bit of a drastic change from how I originally made my team. I am only really wanting to use one Pokemon for dual screening and replacing Starmie is not gonna happen for me lol. Double Booster Thundurus-T sounds neat but I lack a Modest one and getting a Timid Flawless HP Ice one was already hard enough for me to get. I'll test Yache Garchomp but its gonna be really hard for me to love it over BandChomp.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Yggdrasill00 I got your PM, sorry if i rate only now xD. I look that you built a really cool team avoiding the commons wheater teams, so let s rate it ^^

First off, I realize that you have not a Stealth Rock setter that are essential in this Metagame, dominated by the three kami and Dragon-Flyngs. In my opinion Espeon pretty useless in OU tier and i usually use it only for FullBatonPass, from the moment that you already have Starmie that could be a Rapid Spinner the magic bouncer is not to useful. The team is pretty weak to SheerForceLandorus, you re forced to use Latios as checker and this could compromise your strategy many times.

Possible changes:

• From the moment that I will suggest you to change Espeon, even if you are not much weak to Entry Hazards like Stealth Rock, i also think that your Starmie must be a Rapid Spinner, that s because one Random Deoxys-D HO could be a big trouble and it can hap you even against FullStall teams. So my suggestion is to try 252HP/36Def/220Spd Timid Nature with movest HydroPump-Scald/Psyshock/Rapid Spin/Recover. This Evs Spread guarantee a good bulkyness, that allow you to enter easily on ScarfKeldeo or ScarfKion, and hit them with Psyshock STAB and that give you a easilier switch in on status inducer and stand out Starmie's trait. Now it s a better switch in on SubCruel or Heatran, that could give you some problems.

• About Garchomp, I think that it could be your Stealth Rock setter, because is the only pokemon that can do it. Order not to lose overmuch offens power, you can try Life Orb moveset+Stealth Rock, another item maybe Yache/Haban Berry, that decrase your Ice/Dragon weakness, and allow you to set more easily. If you want try Life Orb option, i think that you must change Fire Fang to Fire Blast, that s because you can HOKO Forretress, or hit harder Ferrothorn/Skarmory, that are the common switch-in. The set should be this :Garchomp @ Life Orb/Haban Berry/Yache Berry Trait: Rough Skin EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe Jolly Nature Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Fire Blast/Stealth Rock. How you see, I change Outrage in Dragon Claw, the reason is that you must set the Stealth Rock, and you can t be locked in Outrage.

• The last thing on your set regards your Thundurus-T. It s agilitier setter, so it don t need Timid Nature to outspeed others pokemon because it s intent is to boost. So I suggest you to change his Nature from Timid to Modest, for more power, and move his 4HP evs in Def to guarantee 4 switch on Stealth Rock, even if it s Booster, it s better. Another suggestion maybe replace Focus Blast with Grass Knot, that s because you can kill pokemons such as Gastrodon, or SpDefHippodown, that can Phaze you. As an alternative to Agilitier set could be Double Dancer, not like someone suggested you, but with this Evs Spread Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Volt Absorb EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk) Thunderbolt/Nasty Plot/Agility/Hidden Power [Ice]. I move some Speed evs to HP, now you have a bit more bulk and can boost more easily on many pokemon, and outspeed after Agility all the Metagame, Priority aside. About Lum Berry, i changed it to Leftovers, that s because it s weak to Stealth Rock and you can t ever spin, so 6% of one turn could be essential to completely boost, it has not more problems against Status, because can be only paralyzed from Body Slam/Stun Spore, and the inducer of Spore/Sleep Powder, are usually Grass pokemon, usually slower than him, Hidden Power Ice have a reason ^ (I didn t mencion Hypnosis, i really don t consider it a Competitive Move).

• Well, now my suggestion is to maximyze your possibility to setupp and win, Espeon as i told you has poor defenses and is setupp fodder for some Dragons and general boosters. I d suggest you to replace Uxie>Espeon. The reasons are easy, you have much more defensive, so random scarfter don t give you troubles to Screen and it does not give opportunity to setupp to your opponents sweepers thanks a move: Memento.
    You should use an Evs spread of 252HP/4Def/252Spd with a moveset of Magic Coat/Memento/Light Screen/Reflect. This evs spread allow you to be quick on setupp of screens and at same time is pretty bulky, Magic Coat replace Espeons trait greatly, useful especially against status inducer (Breloom over all), two screens as you wanted and Memento that allow you to don t worry against some Booster. I thought about him because i wanted to give you a good Screener that wasn t disposable, you r not forced to use Memento on first turns, it depend from the match, you can use to give free setupp to yours pokemon without the risks of the switch-in, or switch the same and screen again later.
Hope I helped

Tl;dr

Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Reflect
- Magic Coat

Garchomp (F) @ Haban Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spd
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Nasty Plot

Thanks for the rate Uomo. First off replacing with Uxie could work though I prefer Azelf over Uxie for screens. Also you said only Garchomp can set Stealth Rock but can't Uxie/Azelf set these up as well. Then I wouldn't have to sacrifice a move or Garchomps damage just to lay out rocks. I agree that if I drop my Magic Bounce user then Starmie should be changed to a rapid spinner. I have used the defensive Starmie and found I don't like it with the drop in power especially for a very offensive team. I'll change it to an offensive spinner if I remove Espeon.

Sup, cool team. The team is solid and seems to be finished since everyone else pretty much covered anything. One thing I did find quite annoying is Jellicent + Ferrothorn cores who can really be a pain with the constant switch opportunities. You can try using Hidden Power Fire somewhere on Latios so you can smack the expected switch in. Another suggestion I recommend is using Flamethrower over U-Turn on Azelf. Scizor tend to come in on psychic-type leads thinking they can U-Turn out for the easy momentum early on. However, with flamethrower, Azelf roasts Scizor for the easy OHKO and your opponent won't expect it. I also recommend trying Lum Berry out on Thundurus-T. This allows you to get a free setup on a Pokemon that would normally try and status inflict you, which can come in helpful. Honestly, nothing really else to say. It's a solid team and like I said before everyone else covered the rest.

Thanks for the rate Shining. Glad to hear you think its pretty solid. Scizor has been an issue for me as well when leading with Azelf so addeing Flamethrower sounds like a good idea. I'll also try out Lum Berry on Thundurus-T and see how that works out compared to Leftovers.

Hey i got your mp, so ill rate this team.

The Pokemon that places the screen seems too fragile to be able to put Stealth Rock, Reflect and Light Screen. So I suggest Deoxys-D> Azelf, thanks to the defenses of Deoxys-D and good HP, you can place more securely Stealth Rock, Reflect and Light Screen, you may also give him Taunt to block almost any type of wall or special physical may annoy, for example Blissey, Chansey Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Skamory, also Jellicent etc.. Scizor can beat the well with Lucario, Thundurus-T (that is resistant to both Bullet Punch that U-Turn), with Starmie that resists U-Turn and OKHOa with Hydro Pump plus support of Stealth Rock. The Bullet Punch Scizor does not in any 1OKHO your Pokemon, then I'd say it's still manageable.
To put Garchomp Naive> Jolly and Fire Blast> Fire Fang, Fire Blast because this does more damage to physical wall as Skamory for example, hitting the special defense.
For Thundurus-T Lum Berry instead of Leftovers, Lum Berry is useful because it helps you use Agility and Nasty Plot, of Pokemon that definitely will use something like Toxic, Will-o-Wisp or Spore / Sleep Powder, so you gain a turn to Agility / Nasty Plot. That is all.
Good luck, with your team!

tl;dr
Deoxys-D @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Naive > Jolly (for Garchomp)
Fire Blast > Fire Fang (for Garchomp)
Lum Berry > Leftovers (for Thundurus-T)
Modest > Timid (for Thundurus-T)

Thanks for the rate Mr Green. I'll definitely switch leftovers to lum berry on Thundurus-T. I tested this out and found it was overall more helpful with Spore Breloom everywhere. Your advice for Deoyxs-D is spot on but I am sick of seeing the thing as a lead no matter how good it is lol. I know its a bit silly but I haven't had any issues so far with Azelf who has also roasted several Scizor at the start of matches which can ruin the match for some teams. I'll test out a Naive Garchomp with Fire Blast though the drop in special defense for one move puts me off a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)