First RMT

Hello all, I have been lurking these forums for a few months now and just decided to make an account. I have experimented with various teams and I will be posting my current one, and I am open to any and all suggestions and constructive criticism.

Voltolos @ Focus Sash
Mischievous Heart
Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. At, 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-HP Ice
-Taunt

Comments: I *LOVE* this thing. I normally use taunt on set-up leads and stealth rock users and/or T-wave them and switch out to the appropriate Pokemon. Psuedo-Boltbeam for coverage, possibly thinking of using Volt Change

Blaziken @ Balloon
Speed Boost
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Blaze Kick
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Comments: We all know the buff Blaziken got this generation. I originally ran Flare Blitz over BK but the recoil kept killing him off too quickly. Stone Edge is for fliers and Burungeru, who are OHKO'd are a SD boost. If it manages to get 3 speed boosts, it outspeeds Jolly Doryuuzu in the sand and can OHKO with either of its STABs.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Sand Veil
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attk, 252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang

Comments: I wasn't around to use Garchomp in OU before its banning, so I missed out on how it worked at the time. With all the new strong Pokes running around this generation, it's doubtful it'll be banned again. With that said, I adore using this guy. I have made comebacks and swept entire teams with this set. With a SD under its belt, he becomes ridiculously hard to stop. DC over Outage to avoid getting locked into a move, and with the boost it'll still get the same OHKOs I'd need. Fire Fang for Natt and Skarm. EQ for being an all around great move to use. I consider him my MVP so I'd rather not change him or remove him.

Roobushin @ Leftovers
Guts
Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 40 Attk, 216 Sp. Def
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge

Comments: My bulky set-up sweeper. I run the more specially defensive set to survive super effective moves from the strong psychic-types this generation. I run SE over Payback to deal with fliers, and I still get the OHKOs that Payback would have gotten after a few BUs under his belt. Also serves as my Dory check, who gets 2HKO'd by unboosted MP.

Sazandora @ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Surf

Comments: My special sweeper. I once ran Earth Power over Dark Pulse but I switched to DP after running into problems with Rankurusu. LO DM absolutely HURTS, even after the first SA drop it OHKOs Chomp and Mence. Fire Blast decimated Skarm, Forry, Natt, and Scizor. Surf for Heatran.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attk, 252 Spe
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Comments: Standard DDTar. We all know how Sand Stream works, and how it has great syndication with Chomp. It is also useful for overriding the abundant Drizzletoad teams, and useful against Hail and Droughttales. The coverage is walled by Breloom, but I am able to handle it with Chomp.

So that's my current team. Comment and suggest please.

You have Dream World abilities, make this Dream World.

Blaziken without proper protection (balloon is decent though) will be murdered before it gets any speed. I've always felt myself not using a fire move so if you find yourself in the same position (where a different move would suffice), swap it for Protect.

For Sazandora, I'd stick a scarf on it. It's speed for a threating sweeper is blow par (compared to the 100 of most used dragons). I haven't really tried an non-mix Sazandora so maybe you can disregard my judgement on this one.

I'd say ttar needs more defense. Lots of people are running something similar to your Roobushin, which means mach punch OHKOs this ttar. Maybe lower your Speed EVs until you have 219 speed, so you can outspeed positive base 100s after a DD, which is a really beneficial benchmark. You can allot those EVs to HP and Def, where you'd probably need it more.

If you could, return the favor: :)

You're losing total stat points by making Roopushin Careful instead of Adamant. I run a bulky Roo myself and Careful is really unnecessary and really snuffs your At. You can hit the same SpD number simply by putting more EVs into it if you really want and you'll have a naturally higher At stat too.

I don't know if you like choice items, but giving Tyrannitar Choice Scarf lets it come in and revenge kill a lot of Pokemon, especially Shandera, but if IDK if he is a major problem for you. I would just take off DDance give it pursuit and/or change earth quake to Aquatail/Superpower if you give it scarf. Also you could switch it out completely since you have a double fighting weakness with Sazandora. Maybe use Hippowdon if you really need to change the weather/set up for Garchomp, also if you need a physical wall it works well.I know its water weak with blaziken, but so was ttar. Good luck

@ Lightning55:

-I've thought about using Protect in somewhere, but the Fire STAB helps combat Skarmory. I will experiment with Protect over Blaze Kick and see how the results turn up.

-I don't like using ScarfDora. With base 98 speed it is unlikely to outpace major threats in the metagame so I'm sticking to the all-special LO set.

-I'll try that out for T-Tar and see how the results are.

-Sure :)

@ Jaroda:

That I did not know, I'll definitely try it out

@ Bluecaptain:

I personally don't like the thought of ScarfTar as it seems like its main use is to take out Lati@s after it Draco Meteors. Shandera is far from a threat to my team, as Garchomp and Roobushin can KO it with their respective SE moves. I might try Hippowdon, as my team definitely has had troubles with opposing Roobushin.

Thanks for the rates, keep 'em coming

Hippo doesn't really check Roopushin since all it can do it Roar it away. With a Bulk Up it will outstall you with Drai Punch since you have to Slack Off to heal, while Roo can either continue attacking or BU again. If you want a hard Roo counter use either Gliscor or Rankurusu. Either doesn't mind sand thanks to being a ground type or Magic Guard.

I was thinking that he would still want sandstorm support. Rankurusu is weak to payback so if it gets to weak then that can pose problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)