First team, need critiquing!

So this is basically my first team as I was never really into proper battling until I picked up X/Y.
I have been using it on showdown and it has been quite successful, I have won more than I lost, I'm hovering around 1620 rating.

OK so...

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit

Scizor is my favourite pokemon and I didn't want to run a choice band set because I wanted him to be able to sweep with swords dance. I know scizor isn't a very fast sweeper unless Bullet Punching (but then steel as an offense is pretty bad coverage) but the plan is to basically switch him in late game after counters are out of the way, SD and sweep.

Garchomp (M) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Garchomp with his mega evolve. Basically he can be used to semi-sweep in his regular form, or I can mega evolve him to give him crazy mixed wall-breaking. Also, he perfectly compliments scizor as he covers scizors fire weakness, he also covers steel-types which scizor can't really do anything against, and electric types which Scizor's Bullet Punch is resistant against. In return, Scizor covers Garchomps Ice, Dragon, and Fairy weaknesses.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot / U-turn

Greninja was going to be used as mainly a fast revenge killer with his crazy and speed and STAB coverage on all his moves. It works quite well and sometimes he can even sweep but really he is my only answer to bulky waters, (which annoy both scizor and garchomp) switch him into a water attack and grass knot for super effective damage. Rotom-W really gives me trouble though, same as Gyarados.

Hawlucha (M) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up / Swords Dance
- Roost
- High Jump Kick

Hawluchaaa, I love this guy. Surprisingly he has been the one to sweep mostly in my matches and he has pulled out so many wins. Flying gem > Unburden > Acrobatics is pretty crazy. I can bring him in to a fighting or ground attack, and if I predict well, I can sometimes set up a few Bulk Ups, roost off any damage, pop acro to get Unburden and sweep from there.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

This guy is my only wall but he does his job extremely well. He is my lead as well. Basically send him out, Stealth rock, and poison everything I can, and roost off any damage. He is my switch-in to most physical attacks and I mostly try and get the toxic off because most people expect an earthquake and switch to a flying type.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

I really like scarf Chandelure because he outspeeds a lot of pokemon I have found and he doesn't really need the extra power from specs or life orb, the extra speed has secured a lot of kills. He is my answer to Skarmory (Garchomp cant really do much to skarm) also - while it doesn't happen often - he can switch into fire attacks aimed to scizor and get Flash Fire up, usually forcing the switch into something that resists fire and I'll use WoW to burn them and switch.

So that's my team, any suggestions would be really appreciated. Also, I'd PREFER to keep the pokemon I am using at the moment with suggestions on good EV Spreads and move-sets. But I guess I am open to suggestions on other pokemon as well.

the only thing i see here is you have nothing to take special atacks i mean if anyone uses draco meteor you will have to scarifice someone, scizor takes one but it wont take 2 same for strong special hits like hydro pumps and shadow balls and such.

greninja,hawlucha and chandelure are all one hit pokemons

the only thing i see here is you have nothing to take special atacks i mean if anyone uses draco meteor you will have to scarifice someone, scizor takes one but it wont take 2 same for strong special hits like hydro pumps and shadow balls and such.

greninja,hawlucha and chandelure are all one hit pokemons
^^ This.

You might benefit from replacing Chandelure with an Assault Vest Goodra.

Oh yeh, Tyranitar could work well, then I'll also have a pokemon to resist flying (Talonflame)
Although Goodra would be a nice answer to water types that I don't really have covered because it resists it and learns Thunderbolt.
Hmmm... I guess I'll just do some testing haha.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)