First time team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done some competitive battling before but never had a team before, I would just kind of use whatever seemed cool at the time. This team is designed to be more of a stall team, and i'm having trouble deciding on my last pokemon(I'm thinking Hawlucha or Tyrantrum).

Lead: GreninjaFocus sash
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
U-Turn
Taunt
Protean Timid, 252hp,252spe,4Def
I'm not sure whether i should run taunt, or run an attacking move and go max SPA over HP to, his main use is setting up toxic spikes for my team.

TentacruelBlack Sludge
Surf
Rapid Spin
Protect
Venoshock
Clear body Timid 252HP, 16 spe, 242 Def
Rapid spinner, absorbs toxic spikes as well and can strike back at fairies.

Aggron@Aggronite
Rest
Sleep Talk
Heavy Slam
Dragon Tail
Filter, Impish 252HP,252SpDef,4Def
Phazer and Physical tank, rest and sleep talk is to stall out my opponent.

FlorgesLeftovers
Wish
Protect
Aromatherapy
MoonBlast
Flower Veil, Calm, 252HP,252Def,4SpDef
Wish Passer,cleric, and Special wall.

NoivernLife Orb
BoomBurst
Hurricane
Flamethrower
U-turn
Infiltrator,Timid,252SpAtt.,252Spe,4HP
Revenge Killer and special attacker.

Then either:

TyrantrumLum Berry
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Strong Jaw,Jolly,252 Att,252Spe,4HP
Physical Boosting sweeper, Rock head is unavailable so I decided against Head Smash

OR

HawluchaFlying Orb
Swords Dance
High Jump Kick
Acrobatics
Baton Pass
Unburden,Jolly,252Att,252Spe,4HP
Physical Boosting sweeper. Unburden/Flying Orb/Acrobatics are nasty together

I'm worried about my lack of a spin blocker and how devastating that can be to me as I rely on the poison from toxic spikes.I'm also torn between hawlucha and Tyrantrum. Hawlucha requires less set up and could baton pass the swords dance to Aggron if things got too rough but it leaves me with a big weakness to electric attacks and no resistances to electric. Tyrantrum on the other hand NEEDS the dragon dance to be able to outspeed and K/O any counters but it covers my electric weakness at least.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Rule 3 said:
Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it. The standard description length required is three to four lines, if you need more insight look on the detail part, check out the RMT Archive.
Your descriptions need to be improved to follow that rule. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)