ORAS OU First try at stall (ou)

Hi Everyone, I'm new to Smogon forums but I've been playing showdown for a while now (a bit over a year). Usually i opt for HO because i find that play style fun but recently i tried to make a stall team and i have no idea what I'm doing. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

View attachment 62668
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

slowbro is a great physical tank and the first part of my regenerator core. overall a nice well rounded pokemon with great typing and nice bulk.
upload_2016-5-27_16-16-43.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Protect
- Earthquake

this is a pretty unique set for Gliscor, and fling allows it to get past things like mega sableye, and the powerful flying stab is really handy for bug and grass types he cant hurt with earthquake. the speed evs put him at 263 speed which is faster than max base 70's
upload_2016-5-27_16-17-8.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

originally i had heatran as my stealth rock setter but it felt like he got worn down to quickly so ferrothorn has a bit more longevity with leech seed and is a bit more bulky too.
upload_2016-5-27_16-18-54.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

zapdos is surprisingly good at getting its job done. heatwave is there to get rid of things like scizor and ferrothorn who he counters nicely. the speed evs outpace max speed base 70's so that things like breloom and bisharp dont demolish the team.
upload_2016-5-27_16-19-32.png

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

clefable really has a ton of power with life orb and magic guard means it takes no recoil damage. hp ground is really only there to 2hko heatran but I'm not sure whether its worth it over softboiled.
upload_2016-5-27_16-20-59.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

here we have the second part of the regen core. i did have amoongus in before this guy but amoongus had worse bulk, and worse special attack. the only thing amoongus did have was spore but it didnt seem to help that much anyway.

incase you didnt noice this team is incredibly weak to ice, and pokemon the have powerful boltbeam or things like weavile can smash through this team. if you have any feedback then please comment. thankyou!

ps. this is my first threat so if it isnt up to scratch sorry about that

I'm not good with stall, but here are my two cents on changes/additions to the team:
Alomomola > Slowbro: While its bulk isn't as good as Slowbro's, it has Wish support in case one of your non-Regenerator Pokemon gets in a situation where they can't just use their regular recovery moves due to being slower than the Pokemon the opponent has out on the field, which may happen because stall teams usually don't have the fastest Pokemon. This one's all up to personal choice, as you could just put Wish on Clefable and leave Slowbro as-is.
Drop Gliscor altogether: The Fling/Acrobatics/PH combination is really too impractical to use in normal situations due to Steel types like Scizor and Bisharp being relatively common in the tier. I'd recommend replacing it with Mega Sableye, because of its ludicrous bulk, and it can cripple physical attackers with Will O Wisp on the turn it Mega Evolves due to how speed and priority works with Mega Evolution on the turn the Mega Evolution occurs.
Unaware > Magic Guard on Clefable: Unaware lets it wall things like Leaf Storm-spamming Serperior and hit them back with Moonblast, as well as provide a way to counter Mega Lopunny, which would give your team a pretty rough time otherwise.
Skarmory > Zapdos: It has a superior defensive typing, much better physical bulk, and Sturdy, which allows it to survive hits that would normally be OHKOs. It also doesn't take 25% from Rocks, which means it has an easier time switching in to clear them out, while also being able to set Rocks itself, and use Whirlwind to force more troublesome Pokemon out. And if you're going to keep Ferrothorn, I'd recommend switching out Rocks for Spikes on it, since it would be redundant for both it and Skarm to have Rocks.

Chansey's also pretty good, but I don't really know what I would want you to replace for it. And I also noticed that you said that Spore was the only thing Tangrowth had over Amoonguss, but that isn't true at all. Amoonguss has less weaknesses, Clear Smog for shutting down setup sweepers, as well as Black Sludge, which messes up TickScarf abusers like Jirachi pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)