Other Metagames Flying Monotype

Ok so I was passed down this team from a Retired Monotype player and made some tweaks to it which allowed to me win more tours with it. But here is, what I believe to be, a good HO Flying Team.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Ok so first up being Banded Landorus. I prefer more HP over speed for a little more survivability since in my opinion, most people think Lando will be scarf. Moves are pretty standard for Band. U-turn is for scouting and switches. Superpower and stone edge are great moves with band and Earthquake is great STAB.

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Thundurus-T works well with some of his teammates electric weakness with volt absorb which also heals him some of the LO damage. Standard EV spread. Volt Switch is great stab and scouting tool. HP Ice for Grass/Ground. Dark Pulse and Focus Blast strong moves for coverage.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

One of my three main sweepers. Keeping Gyarados healthy until he can set up a D-Dance or two and sweep is key. As long as no rocks are up, you can also play around with Intimidate. Once you are sure you can sweep, mega to get rid of x4 electric and x2 Rock weakness and sweep. Standard EV's. Ice Fang for coverage. Crunch and Waterfall are great (mega) STAB moves.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Second sweeper of the team. WP Multiscale dragonite is absolutely amazing. If you can get in without rocks to keep your Multiscale in tact, you can get a free dragon dance up easily. And if they hit you with a SE move. That's +3 Atk and +1 speed in one turn. Speed and Atk EV's for well Speed and Damage. The only STAB is outrage which could be swapped out with Dragon Claw to avoid Confusion hits. E-Speed and Earthquake for priority and coverage.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Fang

And my final sweeper. Scarf-Moxie-Mence is ridiculous and has won me more games than not. The only things that are really going to beat this are Ice Shard, Focus Sashers (if you don't get up rocks), Scarf Jolly Salamence, Scarf Terrakion (if he hits Stone Edge) and Scarf Kyurem. Other than those, you can sweep an entire team. EV's are standard but you can switch nature to Jolly with chance to win speed ties with Scarf Mence. Aerial Ace is for Fighting/Grass Teams. Thunder Fang is for Water (after getting rid of water/ground mons) and Flying (After Lando). I do have two Dragon STABS With Outrage and Dragon Claw. I really only use Outrage if I know I'm going to kill the rest of the team before confusion hits. And Dragon Claw is for earlier game mainly. You can switch either one out for your preference.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter

Last but not least is not a HO mon. But the only supporter of the team. Skarmory is my SR setter and Defogger. But he can also take out physical mons when he is at full hp. Not many people expect Counter on Skarm. So someone could set up. Bring Skarm to sturdy then get KOd by counter (if it's a physical move). Roost for Health to use Counter move and in case you need to Defog and SR again.

There is really only one type that cripples this team. Ice. You pretty much have to sweep with Gyarados or hope they don't have Ice Shard for Salamence.

Here are some Replays to show how the team is in action.

Importable:
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Fang

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter
[\hide]

Last edited:

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Hey Uwoodz03 nice team!

a few changes i would make are,

Scarf>Band
on Landorus T, you basically need it more for the momentum for u turn, plus Knock off> Superpower
Band>Weakness Policy
on Dragonite and Fire Punch>Dragon Dance, this set helps late game sweeps, and besides once rocks are up on ur team it wont get the chance to set up.
Sub/Taunt>Ice Fang
on Gyarados for status
Your team is really weak to ice once Gyarados is gone, therefore having Salamence, Dragonite AND Landorus is sorta inconvenient, therefore i suggest something like AV Tornadus T or Scarf Togekiss, which also gives u access to better flying STAB

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

and if u want to do the (Hide Command) do [ hide ]Write some stuff here [ /hide ] (but get rid of the spaces in between)

i hope i helped! and Good luck with ur team :)

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Anytime man, feel free to hmu with a battle when u see me online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)