Metsir @ Pinsirite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Breaker
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Earthquake
-Close Combat/Ice Punch/Iron Head/Quick Attack

This thing is actually amazing and I have no idea why people don't mention it more. It has the ever amazing Bug/Steel typing pre-mega, and it gains the equally good Steel/Flying typing post mega. 180 Attack backed up by a solid 117 Speed is always great, and there is very little that will survive a Return that won't die to a Super Effective coverage move, even less so at +2. A really solid and powerful mega to build a team around.

Metsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Earthquake

This thing is actually amazing and I have no idea why people don't mention it more. It has the ever amazing Bug/Steel typing pre-mega, and it gains the equally good Steel/Flying typing post mega. 180 Attack backed up by a solid 117 Speed is always great, and there is very little that will survive a Return that won't die to a Super Effective coverage move, even less so at +2. A really solid and powerful mega to build a team around.
Can I suggest to combine it with Heliodra? It supports all the weaknesses of Metsir in both its typings (especially Electric) and its Ground weakness is walled by MMetsir's Flying type. Heliodra's strong Special Defense pairs very well with Metsir's high Defense.

Heliodra @ Choice Scarf
Ability:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Pulsing Charge
- Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Surf
- Volt Switch

Another good companion is Garchados, with its Ground/Water typing it walls and hits STAB super-effectively both Fire and Electric types, while its weakness to Grass is walled by both Metsir's typings.

Garchados @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil+Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Riptide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break/Fire Blast

The last slot is for other Steel types. DD can make it reach very high levels of Attack and Speed, being able to outspeed most of the threats of the meta.
EDIT: G-Luke thanks for the suggestion, I replaced some moves with Fusion Moves.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, is this just pairing up 2 fusions that have already won?
Its actually selecting two Fusions that pair well offensively or defensively, and then subsequently building an efficent team around the pair.

Can I suggest to combine it with Heliodra? It supports all the weaknesses of Metsir in both its typings (especially Electric) and its Ground weakness is walled by MMetsir's Flying type. Heliodra's strong Special Defense pairs very well with Metsir's high Defense.

Heliodra @ Choice Scarf
Ability:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Surf
- Volt Switch

Another good companion is Garchados, with its Ground/Water typing it walls and hits STAB super-effectively both Fire and Electric types, while its weakness to Grass is walled by both Metsir's typings.

Garchados @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil+Intimidate
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Brick Break/Fire Blast

The last slot is for other Steel types. DD can make it reach very high levels of Attack and Speed, being able to outspeed most of the threats of the meta.
Both Heliodra and Garchados got signature moves that function better than T.bolt and Waterfall respectively, so it could be editted for those reasons. But I understand forgetting about it. :-D

Its actually selecting two Fusions that pair well offensively or defensively, and then subsequently building an efficent team around the pair.
Well, I'm gonna be useless here. I guess I'll just have to wait until the next standard submissions phase.

Thundurbee @ Choice Band
Ability: Stunning Bug (User's Bug-type moves get +1 priority)
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Wild Charge
- Superpower / Drill Run
- Knock Off

Shaymode @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Static Switch (30% chance to paralyze the opponent whenever the user switches out)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Seed Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

These two form a fantastic offensive VoltTurn Core. Thundurbee carries U-Turn to hit hard on the physical side while Shaymode hits the other side with Volt Switch. Thanks to its Stunning Bug ability, Thunderbee's U-Turns are very hard to avoid. Shaymode's ability gives it a chance to cripple bulky Pokemon that both of them cannot break by paralyzing them. Shaymode's Seed Flare punishes Ground types that would try to block its Volt Switch. Despite both of them being Electric-types, none of them are actually weak to Ground-types; they actually have a shared weakness to another type: Fire. That is where their coverage moves come in as both of them have access to Ground-type coverage such as Drill Run and Earth Power.

Due to their offensive and speedy nature, these two Pokemon are quite frail, especially in this FE metagame. So for a third teammate I would like to suggest a bulky Offensive teammate that can switch in to take hits and keep the offensive momentum going.

Can we submit more than one core this round? I'd actually like to make more cores with the Fusions we have. :toast:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Is there anywhere we can check for the Moves fusion? (Not that I'm going to submit a core, but it makes it better for those who will to make better sets)

Gyaramence @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate --> Mould Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Defence / 136 Speed
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Cazantor @ Expert Belt
Ability: Precision
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Special Defence / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Brick Break
- Steel Wing

Each one covers the other's weaknesses very well, with Mega Gyaramence able to tank Fire-type hits all day long and Cazantor soaking up Fairy-type attacks, though its defences aren't much to write home about. Gyaramence is using a slightly amended version of Salamence's bulky-DD set, with STAB Waterfall serving as a substitute for STAB Aerilate Return, while Cazantor opts to BP Agility out to Gyaramence rather than stick around in the field. Thundurbee might also work as a partner to Gyaramence, but I wanted to showcase a slightly unusual set for Cazantor. I'm not expecting to win, but I thought I might as well try and get one of my favourites involved in this somehow. =]

===

Dedsteel @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Special Defence
Relaxed Nature
- Recycle
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle
- U-Turn

Archedactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Of Failure
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Defence / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- U-Turn
- Beak Blade (From the Fusion Moves thread)

Well, since I've used one of my own fusions, my vanity is such that I now offer up one of my fusion moves. Seriously though, I'm surprised nobody's suggested this core; a slow Turn on a highly defensive mon with Super Fang that can abuse Archedactyl's ability to exceptional effect, allowing it to slam the brakes on a sweep and deal out some serious damage. Running U-Turn on both Fusions allows them to swap between each other with relative impunity; Rock/Flying might not be the world's greatest defensive typing, but Steel/Fairy probably is, and the latter almost totally covers the weaknesses of the former. Nuzzle on Dedsteel allows it to be even more of an annoyance and enables Archedactyl to further capitalize on its exceptional ability. Just a shame neither party knows Glare, really, but what can you do. =]

G-Luke is this how one makes cores? I'm really not sure...

Last edited:
Thundini @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankstar
EVs: 4 Attack / 252 Special Attack [Or 252 Atk/4 SpA depending on set or you could run around half half I guess, or ignore the purpose of the set and run a pure SpA set instead of Mixed and run a casual SpA set, who knows these days] / 252 Speed
Hasty/Naive/Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- V-Create/Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike/Thunder[bolt]/Volt Switch
- Taunt [W/Volt Switch]/Nasty Plot/Knock Off

Metsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

I do not have much experience competitively [Read: I suck at playing] but I wanted to contribute and see what my fusion could do, so I took a core from some smogon post [Thundurus+Mega Metagross] and played with it here and there and with fusions, and dere is what ya get, A mixed/special worldbreaker combined with easily oone of the best pokemon, Nice Defense, Offense, Type, also their types really help each other (A ground pokemon is annoying thundini? Metsir is ready to help ya bro, as much as Thundini will gladly take the electric and fire attacks that scare you.. wait, isn't that it's type? o well, I just learned Thundini is from the best counters to Metsir, Gonna keep in mind)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Hourai
Since we're allowed to post 3 cores, you should do a variant of the core you posted. A Sickle or Galvantulys + Mentor (Hazard-setter + Anti-hazard-blocker) core. I'd post it myself but it's so similar and has one Pokemon you used so...

Could I get a rules clarification on something? If you're fusing two Pokémon with differently-named abilities that do the same thing (e.g. Shell Armour + Battle Armour), would you get the +5 bonus to the final stat total?

Could I get a rules clarification on something? If you're fusing two Pokémon with differently-named abilities that do the same thing (e.g. Shell Armour + Battle Armour), would you get the +5 bonus to the final stat total?
Yes.
Furthermore, if you combine two abilities that are the same (Swarm + Swarm or Huge Power + Pure Power), they do not stack and just become the original ability

Mentor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Ability: Black Hole
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Galvantulys @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Compound Pressure
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

This is a pretty similar core to the previous one I submitted, but with a better type matchup and more of an emphasis on setting more than just Rocks. Mentor is a great fusion in general, even if it has very few good sets, and all because of its ability, and this core really emphasizes it. Even if both parts of the core being weak to the ever-present Ground typing is a bit suspect, it still works really well thanks to Black Hole. Volt Switch allows for Galvantulys to do damage and switch into Mentor in case things go south, and Banded 252+ anything off 117 base Attack is still going to do a healthy amount to anything pestering Galvantulys, but not as much as the many designated physical sweepers with absurdly high Attack.

Also, my third core isn't going to involve Mentor+a hazard setter. You'll see when I post it.

Klinkle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnetic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon/ Hidden Power Fire

Rapipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Strike and Pass
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Pursuit
- Flame Charge

I know Klinkle is my own fusion, but when paired with Rapipom, It creates a very deadly VoltTurn core with Rapipom. +2 SpA Klinkle hits like 5 trucks at once.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 345-406 (101.1 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Hazard X)
+4 252+ SpA Life Orb Klinklang Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 344-407 (100.8 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Klinkle after ability and +2)
Rapipom almost guarantees a free switch in for Klinkle after fake out, so Klinkle can set up a nasty plot and wreck house.

Yeah, but that'd involve effort and knowing how to construct a decent offensive/defensive core, and, um, no thanks. =]
Glad to know I'm not the only one here with this problem. I'll fuse Pokemon together and give you the stats and moves, but you're the one that needs to make something out of those. 'Cause I can't.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Glad to know I'm not the only one here with this problem. I'll fuse Pokemon together and give you the stats and moves, but you're the one that needs to make something out of those. 'Cause I can't.
Ditto.
I just wanna get creative and make some funny stuff while I'm at it.

So, here is da core:

Volcagon @ Leftovers
Ability: Glassing
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain/Roost
- Quiver Dance

Toxisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sharp Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance/Power-Up Punch

Toxisharp's ability covers Volcagon's weakness to Water perfectly and same does Volcagon's ability with Toxisharp's weakness to Ground-type. Toxisharp can fire off some Sucker Punches to hit Psychic and Ghosts and some Gunk Shots to hit Fairies, while Volcagon can hit Grass, Steel and Ice with Fire Blast and Rock and Electric with Earth Power. And then I can't really make cores, but they are coloured :D

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lemmie try another

Manatar @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Hydro Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- U-Turn
- Pursuit / Stealth Rock

Thundercast @ Life Orb / Damp Rock
Ability: Weather Caster
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Hurricane / Ice Beam

Its a simple dual rain setting core for rain balance teams. Manatar acts as the defensive rain setter and pivot, spreading burns and paralysis. U-Turn allows it to bring in Rain sweepers safely. Pursuit can be used to trap threats to rain sweepers (Mewelli, Lati@s, etc) and if the team doesnt already have one, SR can be used.
While Manatar is the defensive setter, Thundercast is the offensive setter and uses the rain to aid in its own sweep. Its moves are standard - Hydro Pump to summon rain and have crazy power, Thunder for powerful STAB, NP to turn its underwhelming SpA through the roof and either Hurricane or Ice Beam for coverage

So, now to the next phase! Vote one core among the submitted ones:
Hourai's
Steelweez+Mentor
Steelweez @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Levitation
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic Spikes
-Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes
-Pain Split
-Seismic Toss

Mentor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

I didn't even realize Steelweez gets Seismic Toss. With that and Pain Split, on top of three status options, Steelweez can become a great bulky asset for stall and balance teams, with the ability to indefinitely keep itself alive, all with a great defensive typing. Mentor, while it may not seem like a great partner for Steelweez on paper due to their similar typings, can provide a pretty solid core for it thanks to its ability and Ghost typing, preventing the opponent from dealing with the Rocks and Toxic Spikes Steelweez sets up. I know it kind of feels like a cop-out to submit two of my own fusions for the core, but they really due work pretty solidly together, although it does get a bit shaky when stuff like MB Ground moves or Fire moves are brought into the equation. Mentor can also dispatch things that Steelweez has trouble with as a result of it only having Seismic Toss to do reliable damage.

the someone's
Sceptette-E+Hitachi
Sceptette-Eternal @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Bloom
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast / Psychic
- Light of Ruin / Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Hitachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat / Lava Plume / Fire Blast
- Toxic / Wish
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Welcome to hell. Sceptette-Eternal is arguably on that Broken tier along with MegaHazard and Harem, so it really wasn't hard to pick a teammate for it. But the synergy here shows both Pokemon's true potentials. Sceptette has many weaknesses, but... 4x Poison weakness? Hitachi is immune. 2x Fire weakness? Hitachi is immune. 2x Steel and Ice weaknesses? Hitachi doubly resists. Fighting, Fairy and Water are weaknesses for one but resistances to the other. This duo doesn't have any uncovered weaknesses. On the offensive side, Fairy/Grass/Fighting is only resisted by a few types, and adding Hitachi's Fire to the coverage still leaves a few key type combinations that resist this duo. You can fix this by adding Psychic to Sceptette, but honestly STAB Surge Bloom Leaf Storm does more damage than a neutral move, and Hitachi can stall foes with Toxic/Burns from its moves so super effectiveness isn't all that great. Another good synergy aspect that this duo has is Wish + Recoil Moves. Giga Drain can recover Sceptette's HP a little but it's still relatively frail, and Life Orb + Light of Ruin prevent it from lasting long. That's where Wish Hitachi comes in, possibly healing not only itself but also its teammate. Hitachi's set is basically a standard Heatran set changed to abuse Serene Fire (if it gets hit by a Fire type move, Hitachi's Fire type moves will 100% burn), but if you're feeling unlucky and don't want to rely on Toxic, Lava Plume is the way to go.

and Heebleye+Rhyperlax
Heebleye @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchro Stall
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Rhyperlax @ Choice Band
Ability: The Amazing Bulk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Reposting. If you've already read the paragraph I wrote on this, no need to do it again.
I REALLY like the synergy between Heebleye and Rhyperlax, the Trick Room setter and one of the best Walls in the game. If Rhyperlax can't break the Physical Walls with banded, 252+ EVs, base 135 Atk, +100 BP moves, under Trick Room that makes it outspeed any Pokemon with 45 Speed or more, well... Heebleye can just stall them out. But keep in mind Banded Rhyperlax has a chance to 2HKO 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagreelix with Earthquake. And with Stone Edge, it has a guaranteed 3HKO against 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablemimez, but a guaranteed 2HKO against both 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega and normal Sablemimez when Trick Room ends because it is slower than Sablemimez, making its ability not activate. Slower by 5, what an awfully nice coincidence.
But don't worry, I apparently also created the destructive force that will stop Rhyperlax. At 4 HP / 252 SpD, Rhyperlax just barely gets OHKO'd by MegaAlakario's STAB, 252+ EVs, base 180 SpA Focus Blast, which does 105 - 124.3%. Problem is, Heebleye is immune against Rhyperlax's only weakness, Fighting, so it can just switch in... Oh, and as for neutral hits against Rhyperlax, apparently it takes 49.7 - 58.7% from MegaHazard X's STAB, Tough Claws, 252+ EVs, base 171 Atk Dragon Claw. This is still one of the strongest moves in the meta, right? Because Rhyperlax resists its Flare Blitz, so that can't be used lol. Also, Basculin-Basculin has a guaranteed OHKO against 4 HP / 0 Def Rhyperlax, congrats you monster, but it OHKOs itself in the process.

FALCOWNPAUNCH!'s
Chesdon+Bastioking
Chesdon @ Smooth Rock / Leftovers
Ability: Cactus Power
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Slack Off
- Wood Hammer / Earthquake

Bastioking @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy Tempo
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam

This I believe was brought up in the old thread and times have changed since then, but this is still good (I think). The main thing about this is that Chesdon sets hazards and sand, and beats Water-types for Bastioking with Wood Hammer. Earthquake is slashed in there to hit stuff like Heatran. Chesdon and Bastioking have pretty awesome synergy between them, covering each other almost perfectly except for Fire (which is neutral on Bastioking) and Fighting (which is neutral on Chesdon). I guess I'm choosing Bastioking over Empoleking because it has more physical bulk, thus letting it set up Calm Minds more easily against physical threats. The EV spread for Bastioking lets it survive an Adamant +1 Mega Hazard X Flare Blitz, taking at most only 94%.

G-Luke's
Mega Magmozam+Thundersaurus
Magmozam @ Alakazite
Ability: Inner Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Mind Melt / Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Encore

Thundersaurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Rapid Growth
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Here I have a simple offensive core built around the terror known as Mega Magmozam! Mega Magmozam hits a great speed tier, hits ridiculously hard and has great coverage with its STABs alone. Fire Blast is of course great STAB. Mind Melt, for people unfamiliar with Fusion Moves, is Magmozam's signature move. Its basically a Psychic type Fire Blast that can hit Dark types. Focus Blast is slashed here if it would prefer to hit Darks supereffectively and hit Hitachi gor respectable damage. Psyshock is to easier get past special walls, and Thunderbolt is to ease its matchups against bulky waters. Encore is to play mindgames with Sucker Punch users, and bulky walls in general. However MegaMagmozam struggles against faster builds, Water and Ground types, and prefers to come in on slow Volt Switches / U-Turns.
Enter Thundersaurus. With powerful priority to pick off weakened opponents, a Water and Ground type nightmare with Grass/Electric typing, and, for an offensive mon, a slowish Volt Switch, Thundersaurus is Mega Magmozam's perfect partner. Thundersaurus itself hates Fire, Steel and Other Grass types to crap on its STAB options. Magmozam can easily dispatch of all those threats. :-)

rhydreigon's
Mega Metsir P(+Heliodra/+Garchados)
(choose the second member of the core when voting this, if Heliodra, Garchados or none)
Metsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Earthquake

MegaFlareon's
Thundurbee+Shaymode
Thundurbee @ Choice Band
Ability: Stunning Bug (User's Bug-type moves get +1 priority)
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Wild Charge
- Superpower / Drill Run
- Knock Off

Shaymode @ Life Orb
Ability: Static Switch (30% chance to paralyze the opponent whenever the user switches out)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Seed Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

These two form a fantastic offensive VoltTurn Core. Thundurbee carries U-Turn to hit hard on the physical side while Shaymode hits the other side with Volt Switch. Thanks to its Stunning Bug ability, Thunderbee's U-Turns are very hard to avoid. Shaymode's ability gives it a chance to cripple bulky Pokemon that both of them cannot break by paralyzing them. Shaymode's Seed Flare punishes Ground types that would try to block its Volt Switch. Despite both of them being Electric-types, none of them are actually weak to Ground-types; they actually have a shared weakness to another type: Fire. That is where their coverage moves come in as both of them have access to Ground-type coverage such as Drill Run and Earth Power.

Due to their offensive and speedy nature, these two Pokemon are quite frail, especially in this FE metagame. So for a third teammate I would like to suggest a bulky Offensive teammate that can switch in to take hits and keep the offensive momentum going.

colourcodedchaos's
Gyaramence+Cazantor
Gyaramence @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate --> Mould Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Defence / 136 Speed
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Cazantor @ Expert Belt
Ability: Precision
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Special Defence / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Brick Break
- Steel Wing

Each one covers the other's weaknesses very well, with Mega Gyaramence able to tank Fire-type hits all day long and Cazantor soaking up Fairy-type attacks, though its defences aren't much to write home about. Gyaramence is using a slightly amended version of Salamence's bulky-DD set, with STAB Waterfall serving as a substitute for STAB Aerilate Return, while Cazantor opts to BP Agility out to Gyaramence rather than stick around in the field. Thundurbee might also work as a partner to Gyaramence, but I wanted to showcase a slightly unusual set for Cazantor. I'm not expecting to win, but I thought I might as well try and get one of my favourites involved in this somehow. =]

and Dedsteel+Archedactyl
Dedsteel @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Special Defence
Relaxed Nature
- Recycle
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle
- U-Turn

Archedactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Of Failure
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Defence / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- U-Turn
- Beak Blade (From the Fusion Moves thread)

Well, since I've used one of my own fusions, my vanity is such that I now offer up one of my fusion moves. Seriously though, I'm surprised nobody's suggested this core; a slow Turn on a highly defensive mon with Super Fang that can abuse Archedactyl's ability to exceptional effect, allowing it to slam the brakes on a sweep and deal out some serious damage. Running U-Turn on both Fusions allows them to swap between each other with relative impunity; Rock/Flying might not be the world's greatest defensive typing, but Steel/Fairy probably is, and the latter almost totally covers the weaknesses of the former. Nuzzle on Dedsteel allows it to be even more of an annoyance and enables Archedactyl to further capitalize on its exceptional ability. Just a shame neither party knows Glare, really, but what can you do. =

Angry2's
Thundini+Mega Metsir P
Thundini @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankstar
EVs: 4 Attack / 252 Special Attack [Or 252 Atk/4 SpA depending on set or you could run around half half I guess, or ignore the purpose of the set and run a pure SpA set instead of Mixed and run a casual SpA set, who knows these days] / 252 Speed
Hasty/Naive/Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- V-Create/Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike/Thunder[bolt]/Volt Switch
- Taunt [W/Volt Switch]/Nasty Plot/Knock Off

Metsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

I do not have much experience competitively [Read: I suck at playing] but I wanted to contribute and see what my fusion could do, so I took a core from some smogon post [Thundurus+Mega Metagross] and played with it here and there and with fusions, and dere is what ya get, A mixed/special worldbreaker combined with easily oone of the best pokemon, Nice Defense, Offense, Type, also their types really help each other (A ground pokemon is annoying thundini? Metsir is ready to help ya bro, as much as Thundini will gladly take the electric and fire attacks that scare you.. wait, isn't that it's type? o well, I just learned Thundini is from the best counters to Metsir, Gonna keep in mind)

Hourai's
Mentor+Galvantulys
Mentor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Galvantulys @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Compound Pressure
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

This is a pretty similar core to the previous one I submitted, but with a better type matchup and more of an emphasis on setting more than just Rocks. Mentor is a great fusion in general, even if it has very few good sets, and all because of its ability, and this core really emphasizes it. Even if both parts of the core being weak to the ever-present Ground typing is a bit suspect, it still works really well thanks to Black Hole. Volt Switch allows for Galvantulys to do damage and switch into Mentor in case things go south, and Banded 252+ anything off 117 base Attack is still going to do a healthy amount to anything pestering Galvantulys, but not as much as the many designated physical sweepers with absurdly high Attack.

Squawkerz's
Klinkle+Rapipom
Klinkle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnetic Surge
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon/ Hidden Power Fire

Rapipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Strike and Pass
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Pursuit
- Flame Charge

I know Klinkle is my own fusion, but when paired with Rapipom, It creates a very deadly VoltTurn core with Rapipom. +2 SpA Klinkle hits like 5 trucks at once.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 345-406 (101.1 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Hazard X)
+4 252+ SpA Life Orb Klinklang Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 344-407 (100.8 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Klinkle after ability and +2)
Rapipom almost guarantees a free switch in for Klinkle after fake out, so Klinkle can set up a nasty plot and wreck house.

Stitch98's
Volcagon+Toxisharp
So, here is da core:

Volcagon @ Leftovers
Ability: Glassing
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain/Roost
- Quiver Dance

Toxisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sharp Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance/Power-Up Punch

Toxisharp's ability covers Volcagon's weakness to Water perfectly and same does Volcagon's ability with Toxisharp's weakness to Ground-type. Toxisharp can fire off some Sucker Punches to hit Psychic and Ghosts and some Gunk Shots to hit Fairies, while Volcagon can hit Grass, Steel and Ice with Fire Blast and Rock and Electric with Earth Power. And then I can't really make cores, but they are coloured :D

G-Luke's
Manatar+Thundercast
Manatar @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
Ability: Hydro Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- U-Turn
- Pursuit / Stealth Rock

Thundercast @ Life Orb / Damp Rock
Ability: Weather Caster
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Hurricane / Ice Beam

Its a simple dual rain setting core for rain balance teams. Manatar acts as the defensive rain setter and pivot, spreading burns and paralysis. U-Turn allows it to bring in Rain sweepers safely. Pursuit can be used to trap threats to rain sweepers (Mewelli, Lati@s, etc) and if the team doesnt already have one, SR can be used.
While Manatar is the defensive setter, Thundercast is the offensive setter and uses the rain to aid in its own sweep. Its moves are standard - Hydro Pump to summon rain and have crazy power, Thunder for powerful STAB, NP to turn its underwhelming SpA through the roof and either Hurricane or Ice Beam for coverage

You must vote for at least two different cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)