SM RU G.L.I.G.A.R. - "Good Luck In Getting Ahead Rapidly" [Peaked PS! #31 - Overview Stall Archetype]

G.L.I.G.A.R

“Good Luck in Getting Ahead Rapidly”

Credits to h_n_g_m_n for this amazing artwork.

Hello Pokémaniacs :]. Here it is Mirbro again! This is the 3rd RMT and, in this current issue of JAPS, I will be addressing the SM RU tier. In the same way as the N.P.E.G. "The Unbreakable Wall" team, G.L.I.G.A.R. "The Gligar rises" will be a stall team.

As I have been running in the 2 previous RMTs, I will try to dedicate some part of myself in this long and detailed RMT. I will not only talk about the team, but I will try to explain the state-of-the-art of stall in SM RU. I will also mention how Gligar’s rise has provoked a big change in the current metagame. I hope you find it useful, moving and exciting.

During all the RMT I will add some music that I truly think is both amazing and thrilling for each chapter. As a Pokémon lover that I am, I think you will appreciate it because practically all of them are from the soundtrack of different Pokémon generations. Reading + listening to this music will synergize and boost your enjoyment. You will find them like this:

Here you have two songs that are the original one and a remix. I love both of them, they transmit me a thrilling moment of adventure and also some tension. These were the songs from GSC games when you entered both Ice Path and the Dark Path. My favourite generation + my favourite soundtrack. It is a gg, Game Freak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G.L.I.G.A.R. - “Good Luck In Getting Ahead Rapidly” [ PS!: Peaked #31]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I - Preface
  • SM RU: Stop Me Right Uneventually
  • Project and Chess-Like Game
II - Introduction
  • The Team: G.L.I.G.A.R.
  • The Synergy: Hazardless
III - Results
  • Details: Pokémon sets
  • How to use the team: Replays
  • Peaks
IV - Discussion
  • Weaknesses
  • Suggestions
V - Acknowledgements

VI - Conclusions

A great song which I have recently rediscovered. It was part of the soundtrack of Oblivion, weird film which I recommend you to watch it. I think the song fits very well in the beginning of this RMT because it would seem like I forgot completely about the team but I have always kept it in my mind.

I - Preface

• SM RU: Stop Me Right Uneventually
This campaign has brought me for the first time to create a team in SM RU. I recently entered to this tier to test a team made by Cookees. It was a stall team built around Shedinja. This was a cool and weird pick, with a small niche overall. Running a total supporting team with a great hazard control was absolutely important to make this team work properly. This feature brought Cookees to use three different defoggers in the same team and one of them with Pressure as ability.

Part of the backbone of this Shedinja Stall Team was taken to create the G.L.I.G.A.R. team. Initially, I fell totally amazed by Articuno when playing with Cookees' team. Articuno has a great special defence stat and a decent physical one. Moreover, it has an amazing ability for stall: Pressure. This helps a lot the to the team trying to get rid of the opposite hazards with Defog. This is very important because Articuno takes 50% of damage due to Stealth Rock and both Arcanine and Mantine take 25%. Keeping the opponent's hazards on your field will truly create a difficult scenario.

But just before getting deeper in the "How I built this team" chapter I would like to comment the state-of-the-art of stall in this tier. SM RU has a plenty of wallbreakers and set up sweepers that you must be aware when building your stall team. In this part of the RMT I will mention the ones that have high usage and viability, thus, the ones that one must consider during the teambuilding. However, there are other uncommon wallbreakers from NU or with low usage that can overcome this team if you do not know them. I will divide them in 3 groups according to if they are mainly physical, special or mixed attackers.

Physical attackers

Accelgor, Bewear, Drapion, Emboar, Feraligatr, Flygon, MGlalie, Golisopod, Honchkrow, Leafon, Machamp, Pangoro, Rhyperior, Snorlax, Stoutland, Toxicroak, Tyrantrum, Virizion and Zygarde-10%.

Choice Band-Bewear is a Pokémon that with both Return and Superpower can create a hole in a team without Intimidate or a Ghost Pokémon (although it can run Shadow Claw for coverage).

Both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance Feraligatr can hit as a truck. However, Unaware Pokémon can stop it easily. If it uses Liquidation, Quagsire can have a small nightmare though. Thus, the main Unaware Pokémon to use against it and for both Barbaracle and Cloyster (Shell Smash users) is Pyukumuku.

Z-Taunt Honchkrow + Moxie as ability can put a lot of pressure to your team. It can boost easily, and it has a great physical attack.

Machamp can be annoying if it is running a Dynamic Punch set but really difficult to stop if it is Flame Orb-Machmp with Guts as ability and Facade in one moveslot. This Pokémon can separate your team and with Knock Off it can create small tornados inside your physical walls.

Pangoro and Toxicroak can set up a SD and threat your walls. Pangoro can be stopped by both Arcanine and Pyukumuku but before that Leftovers will be knocked off.

On the other hand, Toxicroak can threaten Gligar with a Knock-Off and can hit really hard to Arcanine. Pyukumuku can tank some hits but the Soak+Toxic set cannot do anything against Croak.

Rhyperior is one of the main threats to this team and stall in general. It has a great attack stat and it can set up rocks (very dangerous for G.L.I.G.A.R. Team). However, the one that can break through almost all stall teams that are not running any offensive part is the Choice Band set. With Rock Blast, Earthquake and Ice Punch can run over any physical wall. However, it needs some prediction in order to not get locked in the wrong movement before switching out.

Choice Band-Snorlax is quite dangerous (not as much as Rhyperior) but very uncommon. However, the CurseLax is the most common set and it can be stopped pretty easily with a combination of the three walls in this team.

Choice Band-Stoutland in a Sand Team hits very hard and can 2HKO with some good rolls both Arcanine and Pyukumuku. However, against Gligar is a 3HKO and this can threaten it with Knock Off reducing its final strength.

Virizion is a great threat due to its typing and access to SD (in the physical part). It can just set up a substitute and then boost itself with SD. Afterwards, it can clean the field. Unaware Pokémon like Quagsire and Pyukumuku cannot do anything against it, so one needs to use other Pokémon that can resist its attacks. Arcanine is one of the best options with Intimidate and then Flare Blitz. However, it can be scared by Stone Edge.

Finally, I will comment which, in my opinion, are the 2 physical best breakers right now in the tier: Choice Band-Tyrantrum and Emboar. These two Pokémon require some prediction too, but they can just destroy any stall team if played well. Tyrantrum needs to hit Head Smash to 2HKO any of the physical walls. Emboar needs a bit more mind-gaming. Superpower can 2HKO both Arcanine and Pyukumuku but it needs good rolls in Flare Blitz to 2HKO Gligar.

Special attackers

MAmpharos, MCamperupt, Charizard, Dragalge, Espeon, Gardevoir, Hoopa, Houndoom, Mismagius, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Noivern, Raikou, Ribombee, Roserade, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Mow, Salazzle, Shaymin, Sigilyph, Swellow, Venusaur and Yanmega.

For the special part we have MAmpharos that has an amazing special attack and it can Volt-Switch easily. Indeed, Volt-Turn strategy is one of the most annoying for stall teams overall. Dragalge has a great special part hitting hard and being able to set up Toxic Spikes really annoying for stall teams although if running enough hazard control Dragalge is less dangerous.

Espeon and Sigilyph can boost itself with Calm Mind and they cannot be lured easily due to Magic Bounce and Magic Guard respectively. STAB Stored Power allows it to surpass Unaware users. Thus, if not running a Trick Pokémon, Haze or a physical attacker (semi-stall) Espeon/Sigilyph can run over the entire team. In this team they can barely be dealth with Mantine.

Gardevoir itself is not really threatening but with Healing Wish can return a Pokémon to its full health and with Trick it can annoy and make useless one of your Pokémon.

Mismagius can use Taunt and then boost itself with Nasty Plot. This is a basic strategy to destroy any stall team. Mantine with Haze again does a great job here altogether with MAudino trying to Knock it Off.

Raikou can set up a substitute and then CM until it gets a high special attack. With HP coverage (Ice or Grass) and Thunderbolt it can get some kills. Moreso, with Pressure as ability it can stall PP attacks from your Pokémon that sometimes will have a bad time trying to break its substitute.

Rotom (Mow and Heat) can Trick your Pokémon and Volt-Switch easily through your team. MAudino is the best choice here due to the fact that cannot be tricked and it can resist Volt-Switch (not being mega-evolved with Regenerator as ability).

Salazzle with NP and Z-Poison really hits very hard and needs a specific counter. That’s why in this team I am running Mantine for Haze and Scald to 2HKO it.

Swellow with Guts as ability has an amazing special stat and some coverage against steel Pokémon. This Pokémon can be really difficult to get it down, but Stealth Rock are really helpful as well as any stacking damage.

Finally, Venusaur in a Sun Team using Growth can break through many special walls (using Sleep Powder to help the sweep). In my opinion, the best way is trying to stack some damage with any Pokémon before letting hit Growth.
Mixed attackers

Goodra, MAbomasnow and Necrozma.

Mixed Pokémon are a huge pain for stall teams until they do not show their movesets. Making the mistake of switching in the wrong Pokémon can provoke the loss of one member of the team.

Due to Snow Warning, MAbomasnow can hit all Blizzards in the special defence or can run SD in the physical part.

Necrozma is also really difficult to deal with. Not only can set up rocks but it can run many different boosting movements such as SD, CM, Iron Defense… With Stored Power or Photon Geyser is a good wall/stallbreaker. Guessing the set as fast as possible is really important to overcome it.

Post-Gligar state

During the last tier shifts, RU lost some Pokémon: MSteelix, Gligar, Chesnaught and Doublade. All of these Pokémon had similar features: great physical bulk, some were hazard setters and had wallbreaker capabilities. Among them there was Gligar, one of the stars of this team.

Gligar was a Pokémon with great utility. It could be running different sets: wallbreaker, defensive utility, stallbreaker… Due to its great bulk and rock setter, it had all what it was needed to be one of the most used Pokémon in the tier.

Gligar for the stall archetype allowed the possibility to run a great defogger in the physical part, a rock setter, KOff user, electric and ground immune Pokémon, and thanks to Immunity ability it could be used as Toxic sponge. It could accomplish many different jobs, being very important for role compression in a stall team. Moreover, it could take some hits of many physical wallbreakers that put in danger both Arcanine and Pyukumuku. That’s the case for example of Accelgor, Emboar, Zygarde-10%, Machamp and Rhyperior (not running Ice Punch). Thus, losing Gligar has shaken the stall playstyle in SM RU. Some Pokémon that could replace it (or, at least, replace some of its jobs) are: Mandibuzz, Seismitoad, Forretress and Flygon. But none of them can fully replace Gligar.

All these replacements will open some holes not only to this team but in all stall teams in general that were running Gligar. Moreover, the absence of Gligar in the tier will provoke the increase of usage of Pokémon like Accelgor (a lot of usage under TR with Stakataka before the suspect test), Machamp and Emboar. This new scenario will make the stall playstyle suffer a lot of changes if it wants to survive.

• Project and Chess-like game
"In summary, the project consists on playing in different tiers, creating a stall team, peaking high in the ladder and then writing a cool and exciting RMT. The first tier has been ORAS OU but, which one will be the next? Stay tuned Pokémaniacs!"

In SM RU I came back to stall again. According to what I stated above, in SM RU there is a plenty of both stall- and wallbreakers that makes stall have a hard time. However, before Gligar’s rise, I think it was possible to create a stall team with great success although having some great flaws against specific Pokémon.

In my opinion, writing a RMT is like explaining a fairytale. Reading it, you can practically live some parts of the experience when builders were creating the team, checking for the cores, testing it, changing everything, feeling sad, discussing with other friends, improving the output and finally getting high in the ladder or just reaching their final goal. And, far beyond of the showcasing a team, a great RMT must do this: transfer the experience, emotions and the feeling to the reader.

And, of course, this is what I have come to do today

And just to finish, I will add a little game to make your enjoyment aspire to tall skyscrapers and the moon itself. As you may know, in chess there is a fun game in which an interplay is presented, and you have to decide which movements/actions will be taken by one of the players in "X" turns to perform a check mate. Here I present you a mid-game with this team and, learning how the team is built and used, make a presumption of how this game will end. You will find the answer at the end of this RMT :].

You have to guess how this game will finish...

Which song is better for an introduction that the beginning of a story. This song thrills me up when I listen to it. I can remember perfectly well when I was playing Gen 2 Gold videogame. I loved each piece of moment. Moreover, the song has different parts some more of an adventure, others of a closure and some totally intriguing. Enjoy it!

II - Introduction

• The Team: G.L.I.G.A.R.
What does this acronym stand for? Comparing with the last team called V.E.I.L., this one was a bit easier. For definition, a stall team normally makes the opponent to sweat to get the victory. And sometimes getting some lucky moments (although I do not believe in luck but in the odds besides) helps on beating a stall team. Thus, “Good Luck In Geatting Ahead Rapidly” was a total irony of what a stall team means.

• The Synergy: Hazardless
+

I started building around two good defoggers, one for the physical part (Gligar) and the other for the special part (Articuno). Both can sponge status spreading due to Immunity ability (Gligar) and being a ground type (only WoW can annoy it) and the Articuno with Heal Bell + Pressure can stall out PPs from these attacks. This type of stalling status in a defensive team is really helpful not wearing down your Pokémon switching in and out constantly. Both of them give this team a double ground immunity that always is appreciated.

+
+

Then I needed a wish passer that helps also in the cleric part. Moreover, MAudino helps on the KOff switching in that bothers quite a bit Gligar (without Eviolite it becomes a bit useless). Mega evolving is important many times to resist better opponent’s attacks but keeping Audino for Regenerator can be really helpful in some scenarios like Volt-Turn teams.

+
+
+
+

Afterwards I added a core that in that time was new in the meta. ArcTine is amazing giving hazard control, Intimidate and a sponge for water type attacks. Arcanine is double status spreader for physical attackers (WoW) and for annoying Pokémon that switch in and they are special attackers (Toxic). Leftovers is chosen over Rocky Helmet to help keeping it alive due to the fact that battles become really long with this team. Mantine is self-explanatory, standard set.

+
+
+
+
+

Finally, we have Pyukumuku. This Pokémon with Unaware as ability gives us a great counter/check to any sweeper in the tier. Although is focused on the physical part it can take some hits from specific special attackers (Salazzle). Moreover, it completes a great core with Gligar and Arcanine for the physical part.

Here we have a song that is not related with Pokémon universe. Bag Raiders - Golden Wings symbolize the greatness and success of this team. Each member has this Golden Wings that allowed them to fly until the final peak. Old but Gold.

III - Results

• Details: Pokémon sets

Dracula Strigoi (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Role: Hazard Remover + KOff spreader + Status sponge + Elec/Ground Immunity

Straightforward set for Gligar. EVs are set up to increase physical bulky but giving some speed to be faster than physical setters. Defog for hazard removal and EQ for STAB.

Nickname: Its nickname refers to troubled spirits that have risen from the grave. Its modern interpretation is the well-known Stoker’s Dracula (and Gligar as a bad-like Pokémon). It is said that Strigoi can gain some abilities from the blood of their victims.

Balaur (Articuno) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Roles: Hazard remover + Cleric + PP staller

Articuno helps on the special part stopping special hazard setters. Defog and Heal Bell with Pressure ensures you to keep status and hazards away from your field really necessary in a team in which there are 3 Pokémon that are weak to SRs. Freeze-Dry for STAB and EVs are totally maximized for special defense. However, some could be removed to increase speed if needed.

Nickname: Balaur is a creature similar to a European dragon. It represented the Evil in Romanian folklore and, in this team, represents one of the most annoying Pokémon that you could find to make the game a long and painful loss.

Theotokos (Audino-Mega) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish

Roles: Regenerator + Status spreader + Wish passer

Mega Audino is the best special defense wall in low tiers. Without mega evolving it can be useful using Regenerator ability. Straightforward set again with Wish to keep other Pokémon alive and helping in the switchings. Toxic to weaken opponent’s Pokémon and Dazzling Gleam for fighting/dark type Pokémon that can be bothering for the team. However, KOff in this slot could be cool too.

Nickname: Froom Greek, mother of God or mother of Jesus in Eastern Christianity. This name refers its ability to keep other Pokémon safe and sound.

Greuceanu (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Roles: Status spreader + Intimidating

Arcanine is not a common Pokémon in the stall archetype but in RU with Mantine it can be really helpful. Again, EVs for physical wall and double spreader set for role compressing and helping against physical menaces. Flare Blitz for STAB move.

Nickname: Hero of the Romanian folklore is a young brave man who fins the Sun and the Moon that were stolen. I chose this name referring the typical braveness of Arcanine and the Morning Sun.

Dracula Moroi (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost
- Scald

Role: Hazard Remover + Hazer + Water/Ground immunity

Mantine helps the team keeping hazard away form the field. Moreover, Scald is its STAB move and helps fishing for some burns (against MBlastoise helping the long term process). Haze is chosen over Toxic to help against Salazzle otherwise NP Z-Move set is really annoying and it could beat down the team more easily. However, you need to know right now that two of the special walls are weak to electric Pokémon… so be careful against VSwitchers and keep Regenerator if needed.

Nickname: Dracula Moroi is another type of vampire/ghost referring again to its flying type like Gligar and Haze to “draing” the power of the opponent Pokémon.

Boy with Golden Star (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Recover
- Soak
- Toxic

Role: Unaware Pokémon + Status spreader + Trapper

As I said above, Pyukumuku helps against setter sweepers. You can Block them and Toxic them (with Soak if needed). However, you need to be aware (not Unaware, just kidding) that Toxicroak can beat it down if you are using this set and not the Spite one. That’s the reason why Toxicroak is one of the most annoying Pokémon for this team. You could try using the Spite set, it is not that bad but I preferred this set to help not having more than 200 turns each game.

Nickname: Boy with Golden Star is an eclectic story in the Romanian folklore. To sum up, the boy with a golden star (in reality, twins) resurrect and they demonstrated practically that they could not be killed. Like Pyukumuku with Unaware in front of the best sweepers of the tier.

G.L.I.G.A.R. - "Good Luck In Getting Ahead Rapidly"

The environment of the beginning of the song is just very calm but you feel like there will be a moment which it will break up with tension. When it happens is like a race which seems you must win. However, at the end you finally realizes that you had won from the beginning, being there was the actual prize.

• How to use the team
In this section I will post some replays in which you can find the way to use the team. You will find a description of the battle (with the keypoints) and you will only need to click on the image to be redirected to the replay :]. I will try to classify them according to the opposite team.

TR playstyle is not really bothering against stall. However, you must be aware of Rhyperior wallbreaking (Ice Punch set breaks the team) and Specs Exploud.

Generally speaking, Sticky Web teams are not a problem for stall teams. However, it will depend of its sweepers/wallbreakers. In this case, BD Snorlax is easily stopped by Pyukumuku and Bewear can be dealth with Arcanine.

Although is a Sticky Web team, what is really annoying is the combination of different wallbreakers that annoy any stall team: Virizion+Machamp+Hoopa.

Being aware of Venusaur, getting down its sun setters and stalling the turns with sun are the best way to stop this type of teams.

Depending on the sets Feraligatr, Alolan-Marowak, Rhyperior and Escavalier can be bothering and in the same team can overcome your physical walls. However, these specifics sets were not the optimal to break a stall team in two halves.

Of course just adding different setting up sweepers that cannot beat Pyukumuku do anything against the team.

Emboar is a great threat for all stall teams. However, right predicts can stop it (and moreso if you get a Toxic on it).

Against setting up sweepers both Pyukumuku and Mantine with Haze are really helpful and give you a fast win.

Combination of MAmpharos (Volt-Switcher), Virizion (wallbreaker and sweeper) and Umbreon to help them as a cleric and wish-passer makes the game really long and difficult.

• Peaks
Beyond the peak in the PS! this team had some success in roomtours.

Sootopolis City. This city from Generation 3 represents the end of a part of the journey. But the melody transmits happiness because you know that an end is just the beginning for an amazing new one. Both remix and classical are amazing.

IV - Discussion
  • Weaknesses
This team can overcome most of the current playstyles in the current metagame. However, it is important to mention which Pokémons can provoke some troublesome moments. I will highlight in red the Pokémons that can be very annoying, in orange the moderate ones and in yellow the slight ones.

Raikou – SubCM set with Pressure as ability can run through your special walls and if it is running HP Ice then it is a gg.

Emboar – Not that common, but if running CB it can just click Superpower + Flare Blitz + Wild Charge + EQ and create holes in all your physical walls.

Tyrantrum – Another CB user that can create big holes in you physical walls. Just clicking Outrage and practically anything can stop it (MAudino is necessary mega-evolved to prevent it).

Rhyperior – Finally, CB Rhyperior can click Ice Punch for Gligar, and EQ for both Pyukumuku (2HKO) and Arcanine. Mind-gaming is necessary.

Salazzle – Z-Move NP Salazzle can be really bothering annihilating both Cuno and MAudino. Mantine can stop it combinating both Haze + Scald and roosting. However, if it has been worn down before then there is nothing to do.

Venusaur – In Sun Teams and not missing Sleep Powder, Venusaur just click Growth and get some free kills. Again, stalling sun and getting down its setters is totally necessary to get some chances to win.

Virizion– SD Virizion (moreso if Sub too) running Stone Edge can be really bothering due to the fact that the only way is playing with Arcanine.

Generally, Taunt/Encore users stopping your recovery and hazard removel moves. Volt/turn are an absolute pain because you will enter in a switching in/out vicious circle that never help any stall team.

• Suggestions
eifo

After Gligar rose to SM UU, eifo helped me to discover new ways to rebuild the team and he came out with these three teams in the following paste

+
+
+
+
+

V1: Palo + Mandi à Speed on Mandi is for Pangoro and Machamp. Sp def on Pyukumuku is to tank a Sludge Wave into a Z-move from Salazzle after coming on SR and getting Leftovers recovery. However, it struggles to switch into barb as Stone Edge + Z-move KOs it. Hence, Palossand is holding a Passho Berry which lets it live a +2 Liquidation from Barbaracle and KO it back.

+
+
+
+
+

V2: Tine + Lix à Knock Off on Audino to get rid of items. Physical def Pyukumuku to deal with Barbaracle. Physical def Mantine + Air Slash to help vs Virizion and still checks Salazzle just fine. Steelix helps with Electrics + Metagross and set SRs.

+
+
+
+
+

V3: Flygon + Seismi à Sp def Pyuku for Salazzle. Physical def Audino with Dazzling Gleam countering Zygarde at that moment. Cuno still switches into MBlastoise just fine. Between Flygon + Seismitoad Raikou cannot do anything (HP Ice or Grass). Physical def Seismitoad to take on Zyg, Metagross, Rhyperior, Barbaracle better and with Knock Off to get rid of items. Z-Draco Meteor on Flygon as a surprise nuke vs Shaymin, Roserade and Rhyperior too.

Mulldrifter256 and hjkhj

Both of them separately helped me on trying to find a good substitute for Gligar. After a long deliberation, they came out that Flygon is the one that approximately does the same job. Electric and Ground Immunity + Defog User + EQ. However, no KOff and worse defensive stats make it a less reliable “Gligar” for the team.

Thank you for your suggestions that could make the team even brighter! :]

I wanted to finish with a song that for me has been very important in my life. Since I was young, I have been listening this song repeatedly. I would not know if it has a really meaning for me beyond the feels that it transmits to me. But I suppose that many people live in an Odissea travel looking for love and the truth is that you never know when it will appear and for any of us the definition of love is completely different.

V - Acknowledgements

As always, building this team and its own success would have been possible without some people that have been there just backing me up or giving some advising.

If you have reached that point reading all the text above, you will now that I am Pokémon lover. This game has brought me many moments, the great majority being positive.

I would like to thank all of you that get out of your way to help me or just discuss with me over competitive Pokémon or Pokémon vanilla. I will do some brief shoutouts to people that have not participated directly to this team but I know they are there: Mulldrifter256, Persephone , hjkhj , Posho , Essence , Lycon , 5gen , and Karimero. General thanks to the ZU community in which I am totally focused on. Although I have been kind of inactive recently, I feel like ZU is the tier I really want to be enrolled in.

However, I want to mention with more emphasis the people that have been there during the performing of this team. They have participated more or less directly to its creation.

M – Després de tant de temps publico l’equip. Espero que t’hagi agradat com sempre! I moltes gràcies per aquest viatge curt però intens a Helsinki .

tlenit1 – I can consider you the best friend I have in this community. I always lear a lot by your side and I would like to stay like this for a long time lad. I hope next time I come back to Helsinki we can meet!!!!!

BanDisnDatnMe – As always, a big inspiration for me. You made me to enter to this Smogon Community, thus, always a big thank for you buddy.

Cookees – So that’s me final answer to your SM RU RMT team around Shedinja. Hope everything is fine dude :].

eifo – Thanks for always helping me in the tier and trying to get me well on it. The coolest dude in the RU community for sure .

h_n_g_m_n – Again thanks for this amazing banner. You capture accurately what I want in the banner. I could never have imagined something better. Thanks!

Reiga – Thanks for the patience. You did an amazing work for the Dragonite. Cute and comfy, a pure Dragonite :).

These credits' song is just astonishing. There is joy mixed with nostalgy because you have reached your main goal but now you have to search inside yourself to choose another one. I have added a cover that I find amazing, please give some likes to this amazing work they have done.

VI - Conclusions

This is the end of this RMT. My third one. I have been working on it for a while and I have also stopped writing it for some lapses. In these periods I have been focused on ZU which I think is a great tier, very funny and with a positive community. I would like to invite you all to taste it .

I have been enjoying all this time in Pokémon and I think I will be around here for a while. After many years of playing this amazing videogame I truly think I have found a way and a position to enjoy and that fits me.

For the second time I present you here the results of the 2nd Chess-like game. Here you will find the replay and see if you have foreseen the left game well (big thanks for tlenit1 for playing it on UU).

In the same way as a scientific paper, in the conclusions one writes down what it has learnt or discovered in a few words. My main statement here is the following one: although RU has plenty ways to break a stall team (many different wallbreakers and sweepers) stall archetype can be viable. However, with Gligar’s rose the style is not stable and only some Spike Stack Teams with an offense Pokémon are really viable.

Remember Pokémaniacs, Pokémon is just to enjoy any piece of time you spend on it. Peace always in the battles against Hyper Offense or against Stall because, at the end, what makes you happy playing it is your attitude. Life is not easy, but it is not difficult. Life is life, face it with a big smile (like this Dragonite :D)!

Click me, I am spherical ;)
Credits to Reiga for this amazing artwork.

See you all Pokémaniacs in the next RMT! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Happy to be around and glad you enjoyed our capital in the first place. Always fun to hear your opinions and see where you are heading. Keep up the good work and looking forward to see your fourth RMT because holy shitttttt you write well!

Very well done! The only thing it seems to lack is a way to knock off items from opposing Pokemon. Maybe change Dazzling gleam to Knock off on the Mega Audino? Unless of course, there's is something specific you need to be able to hit with a fairy type attack. If not, knock off mega Audino would serve as a way to replace the lost knock off user in gligar. I know you mentioned that it is an option and that d gleam is there for fight dark Pokemon, but I feel like with Arcanine+pyukumuku+mantine, the neccesity to ohko pangoro is not as large as it would otherwise seem, and thus I believe knock off should be the main option, and the ln dgelam as the possible replacement for that slot. As always a very,very nice and amazing RMT. You keep on keepin' on and I'll keep on supporting :]

Last edited:
Hey man,

Thanks for the shout-out and and I'm glad that my team was a source of inspiration for you. I've been a bit busy with work commitments so just saw this post now haha.

Just want to say that this is perhaps the most impressive formatting I have seen in any RMT, so that's truly a testament to your passion and dedication. I think your team looks really solid and it's a shame that Gligar moved to UU. Personally, I'm actually a fan of regular lefties Audino over M-Audino, but that's just me lol.

Anyways, good luck with your studies (PhD?) and I'm looking forward to your continued growth as a player.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)